admin's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Stainless
New Updates
#1 Submitted: Sat, 10/09/2011 - 02:28

The following updates have now been added to the website:

- Search functionality for forums
- Ability to see all your own posts
- See all posts from a user now available from 'Posts' tab in users profile page

Edited by: admin on 10/09/2011 - 13:08
C2S's picture
C2S
Cunning Stunt Licker
Community VIPPayPal Backer
Submitted: Sat, 10/09/2011 - 03:59

Thank you for these.

aus_mike's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 10/09/2011 - 10:06

http://carmageddon.com/forum/topic/511

I've only seen this in the general fan art thread, but its the only one where I know the general order of the posts that have been made. The very first post seems to be in the right place on the first page, but most if not all of the other posts on the other 50 somthing pages seem to be all over the place. There is a post of mine from very late in that thread, page 40+ that is on page 2 now, and the last posts do not seem to be the most recent ones.

Every post seems to have the "edited by admin tag, which and half the threads show their last post being made in the last 2 days, when that isnt the case.

Is the order of this thread lost for good?

admin's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Stainless
Submitted: Sat, 10/09/2011 - 13:10

The post ordering issue has now been fixed. Unfortunately, the 'edited by admin' tag we are unable to remove, but any future posts will not display this.

Tashita's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Mon, 12/09/2011 - 00:34

Wow, good. I've been waiting for this(ability to see all our own posts).

:(

aus_mike's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 21/09/2011 - 09:40

It could just be me, but with the changes that were made, when looking at the main Community page, most forums show up as having heaps of new posts, but when entering a specific forum, you find that there have been none.
The only way to remove these phantom posts is to trawl through each thread in that forum so that the posts now count as read again.

Would it be possible to reset the new post count for the entire forum? I know this might seem like a big deal, but the number of legitimate new posts doesn;t seem to be that high, and if the count was reset, then users wouldnt have to go into every forum they were interested in each day(or when every they visited) to see if there were any new posts, just look at the main Community page, and then dive into the ones that are active.

If its only me that has this problem, I'll just resort to going into every thread once to reset it.

Edit: HerpDerp, I should have just requested a "mark all as read" button for threads, or entire forums. That would be swell.

shane's picture
Community Manager
Stainless
Submitted: Wed, 21/09/2011 - 10:11

There is a 'Mark all as read' option using the drop down menu on the main forum page at the bottom.

Toxic's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 10/06/2012 - 19:11

admin wrote:
The post ordering issue has now been fixed

Posts are still time travelling! You'd think they all came from Gallifrey :-P