You are here

Brand new Splat Pack :D

Pages

svenskmand's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Kickstarter Backer
Brand new Splat Pack :D
#1 Submitted: Mon, 27/06/2011 - 22:31

I just wanted to share my joy as I recently received by copy of Carmageddon Splat Pack, only 13 years after its initial release. I bought the original Carmageddon when it was released, but I was not that old that I knew much about expansions for games, and only much to late did I find out that Carmageddon had an expansion called Splat Pack :S, at that point I could not buy it in any of the computer game shops where I usually went.

But with the release of this new website I again got the urge to have my very own original copy of the Splat Pack. So I browsed Amazon and Ebay allot to find that nobody who sells both the cd and the original box ships to my country :S

After some time I even found a new sealed UK version on Amazon, but still it only shipped to England. But luckily a friend of my (from Open Dungeons - a FOSS game project I am invoked in) stepped in when I asked him if I could ship it to him and then get him to send it to me. And I now am the happy owner of Carmageddon Splat Pack, I of course broke the seal to play the wonderful game, but I took these pictures to immortalized the moment :)

Edited by: svenskmand on 27/06/2011 - 22:36
matt's picture
Piledriver
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModerator
Submitted: Mon, 27/06/2011 - 23:23

Congratulations - have you broken the seal now? :)

svenskmand's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 28/06/2011 - 08:11

Yes :) and I have played it allot in dosbox :) But I was very supprised that I could get it brand new, and it is the blod version of course :)

Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 28/06/2011 - 09:24

I don't remember well, does it include its own version of Carma95.exe?
The SP from my Max pack doesn't, can't remember where I got my Carma95 from (it's not the C1 one).

... and carmageddon add-ons at road reaction.

macacom's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 28/06/2011 - 21:55

Congrats!! It's one of the moments that you'll carry with you for all your life

Madman Tony for president!

svenskmand's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 28/06/2011 - 22:03

He he yeah, I surely will :D

nobby's picture
Stainless
Stainless
Submitted: Thu, 30/06/2011 - 13:36

Nice find svenskmand... Enjoy!

I was in the war.

BattiushPL's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Thu, 30/06/2011 - 18:48

Wow, awesome... I wish I had such a white crow. Gratulations, nice Carma present or its birthday :D

Dodo Bizar's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 30/06/2011 - 22:29

Real gem you have there. Same problem here, never able to got my hands on a Splat Pack though I started searching some years ago. I was really happy to find a downloadable version of it here, but a sealed version... brilliant.

svenskmand's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 30/06/2011 - 22:55

Yes it has Carma95.exe, C1 have Carm95.exe

svenskmand's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 30/06/2011 - 23:02

I got it from amazon.co.uk, for only 14.99 GBP :), but there is also a sealed copy here on ebay.com and here on amazon.com and then there are some used copies here on amazon.co.uk which is the one I bought it from, but I got the only new one.

Pages