Carmageddon 2 Mod Showcase

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fireman's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Carmageddon 2 Mod Showcase

Hey guys,

In this topic I'll be showing off mods made by other people and show you where to download them. (And answer any questions regarding HOW to install them, though READING THE README usually solves that problem).

Good places to look for tutorials and help regarding modding are:
devWAM
CWABoard

Feel free to post your own videos of modded Carmageddon here, don't forget to include links to where to download them (if they're not from your private collection).

I uploaded a few videos to show off some of Harmalarm tracks and some random cars:

Seaview Dunes
Urban Brawl
Cactus Arena low FPS on this one though.

And earlier I did Coffeycup´s map:
The Super Brawl
The Super Brawl Part II

One of Toshiba's Creative Test Tracks, I love this race. Put the timer low and drive full speed, just don't bump into the sides, it'll mess with the gravity:
With the speed of light!

Also a Mastro map! Originally called The Route:
Route 66

Here's one of the original C2 maps that never made the cut released by Errol! Originally called Hot Room:
Child's Play

And The Super Bowl! Well it´s not really a bowl... but whatever, C2Scientist track Round Hell:
The Super Bowl

Midtown Madness, the track is originally called Nukleen City by Econobrick:
Midtown Madness

Edited by: Fireman on 15/07/2011 - 16:37
Toshiba-3's picture
Piledriver
Community VIPKickstarter Backer

Keep on making these vids sir!
Good way to show mods to the Youtube generation :)

And yeah I should have made that CTT#1 higher poly uh? :p

Fireman's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer

Toshiba-3 wrote:
Keep on making these vids sir!
Good way to show mods to the Youtube generation :)

And yeah I should have made that CTT#1 higher poly uh? :p

No way! At least now you can fall off the track, else it would've been too easy.

Also updated first post:
C2S's Round Hell
Errol's Hot Room.

Fireman's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer

Here's a map by Savage Elve, called Schwarzwald. I put a short explanation on how to install it properly (read the Readme)in the comments section.
Schwarzwald

Toshiba-3's picture
Piledriver
Community VIPKickstarter Backer

I always thought Schwarzwald deserved some meshsmoothing (the roads at least).
It wouldn't be too difficult to import the mesh in MAX and work it out. Would take time though.

Fireman's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer

A new video! This one has proper sound, good quality and an evil plan to convert all Midtown Madness players to Carmageddon maniacs.

How does it work?

Well I've called the map Midtown Madness, made it just like the original C2 level the Bruise Brothers by adding only cops (so it also looks like.. that game), isn't that clever? They search Midtown Madness, see Carmageddon and BOOM, realize it's a million times better. No more getting chased by cop cars, but you'll be chasing them.

Also, take a good look at the sadistic things you can do with giant flippers on the side of the car, it might give you modders some cool ideas.

Anyway here's the video, don't forget to get the map, originally called Nukleen City:
Midtown Madness

Also did a race only track, Philip Island, I really suck at racing though so don´t laugh at me:
Philip Island

Fireman's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer

Put up a new video which I put quite some time into too, trying to get VirtualDub to work and finding out what you can do with it. It just shows off some post-apocalyptic cars from the carpack which you can find here.

Car Pack in Original C2

Fireman's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer

A new video featuring a tour bus guiding you through a new city! The track is made by Autopilot and can be downloaded here.

City Tour

Fireman's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer

A new video featuring the track Cactus Arena by HarmAlarm and New Visual Effects by the following people:

By MuscleCarFreak - new blood puddle, bloody tire smear, oily tire smear
By Apex - new tire marks for road, dirt/grass & snow
By C2S - new flames, oil puddle, powerup twinkling now blue

You can get it here:
http://c2s.toshiba-3.com/

Here's the video, enjoy the carnage:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3GCmyWu2cIg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>