You are here

What do you Really Drive??

Pages

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Wed, 13/09/2017 - 14:39

Haha, baby Saffron was born in April, she is now almost 5 months old. We found out we were having a second baby a week or two after we got the dog, having decided to get a dog instead of having a second baby any time soon...

Is Kindergarten like a nursery or more like pre-school? Jasper was going to nursery for a while after Hannah went back to work, then the good one he was going to shut down and another nursery accepted all the kids from that one, but where his old one was relaxed and personable and let kids from the different age groups mingle and play together, the new one was followed strict policies and school-like and kept each age group separate, which was shit. Jasper was quite advanced for is age so, despite being under 2, he used to play with the older kids and learnt a lot from them. In the new place he was kept with the under 2's, the oldest in there so no friends on his level, and they were awful with properly telling him off as if he was a 3 year old misbehaving on purpose. Add to that the fact it was more expensive as well as being awful and in a horrible location and we just decided to pull him out of nursery.

We found a nice child minder who lived fairly close and looked after a good number of kids, it's much more like his old nursery so he goes there now. She has some pre-schoolers and some school drop off/pick up kids too which is great for Jasper. When the childminder has been doing the alphabet and counting with the pre-school and school age kids he's been able to join in and is really picking it up nicely. It really shocked us a couple of months back when he just starter reciting the alphabet without help and only missing one letter as we hadn't tried teaching him the alphabet yet!

... But yes, cars. They go brum and vroom and crash. Cars are good.

DZimmy's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Fri, 15/09/2017 - 12:12

@Trent: Haha, the situation was quite opposite for us. We bought a dog (well, a pug) two weeks after we found out we do not need another baby anytime soon. :D
The kindergarten is something between, they are mixed up with some older kids. It has been two weeks not and I think they are quite happy there. Here in Czech republic, kids are usually accepted to the kindergarten after they reach 3rd year. They will be 3 y/o in late November, so we were pretty lucky.
That alphabet thing sounds he's pretty gifted. I think our kids have great sense of music. They have a way better sense of rythm than I do. :D

Edited by: DZimmy on Mon, 18/09/2017 - 07:12

Pages