You are here

GTAIV = Carmageddon

• Topic locked

Pages

APEX's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Thu, 23/06/2011 - 03:20

Econobrick wrote:
You know what? Whatever about the past. I might not like your style, but you can model, I'll give you that. :B

My initial comment was about the textures...but I guess that's a matter of taste.

Life's too short.

Thanks Econo.

The textures were made back in 2007, So they need an overhaul lol.

Razor's picture
Piledriver
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModeratorCompetition Winner
Submitted: Thu, 23/06/2011 - 08:35

Whilst on the subject of GTAIV and Carmageddon, GTAIV really needs a highpoly Eagle port. *hint hint*

For all of my Carmageddon stuff visit my site @ http://r.carmajunkies.com
Visit my retro gaming website @ www.retrogameshelf.com

APEX's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Thu, 23/06/2011 - 11:05

It's not super high poly (from the looks of it) but Stew2000 is working on this
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f87/Stew2000/3D%20models/Eagle%20MK1/Eagle_35.jpg

Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 23/06/2011 - 17:14

Hey Apex, we all thought you died in Iraq or something.
Quite a comeback you did in this post. You are implying that you can model etc. But besides what's posted on that site of yours (we can't see shit in those renders and one shows CarEd), where can we have a look at your 3D work?
There is much more to 3D modeling than polycount. Polycount is not a feature: it is a constraint (and this is also intended at all the sketchup fanboys). 30k triangles is not a good ref for Carmageddon 2 and we never used it. The max tricount of one of my released addons is 20k and even if it looks very good ingame, I don't consider it a good thing. The good polycount constraint for C2 is actually between 5000 and 8000 triangles. For example, I'm working on AdR's Cullwing at the moment. He achieved an awesome textured model with less than 5000 triangles. This is the work of a professional. Making the best we can out of the fewest possible resources. This is why people like Harm, Econo, TTR and me are enjoying a lot making C1 cars, as it is pixelart + real lowpoly modeling. It requires a lot of skills and patience but has a lot of impact on the way we work out 3D models in general. It teaches optimization, poly distribution, resources handling, keeping constraints in mind, and staying coherent from one end to another. This also boosts creativity a lot.

Speaking of TTR, it's been a while he didn't release new addons, but I can assure you he knows what he does. As I said we are focusing on lowpoly and pixelart and he's working on instant-classic items :)

Now this topic was about your asset in GTA4. I think it should show you the way. We told you several times back in the past that your place wasn't within Carmageddon II modding as you wanted more and different things than what Carmageddon modding was all about. Here the simple fact you put a weapon on the car and think it looks good for a Carmageddon mod tells us you still don't understand the Carmageddon idea at all. This is not meant as an offence but it is time that you realize you got some things wrong from the very start. IMO the GTA4 community seems the way to go for you and it doesn't suprise me that your mod got more highlight in there than it did at CWA four years ago.

I really hope you grew up as we all did since the last time you showed your face, but don't come saying you weren't a real CWA prick yourself.

's all

... and carmageddon add-ons at road reaction.

APEX's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Thu, 23/06/2011 - 18:13

I figured you would drop a super long ass useless reply here sooner or later.

First off, I'm aware of "Polycount is not a feature: it is a constraint" me saying that I ONCE put a model in C2 that was 30k (which was a rather highly detailed car, for C2) was not me saying that 30k is a good point to aim for when putting a model in C2, the point I was trying to get across (which almost everyone here has failed to see) is that if there was going to be a C2>IV mod that people wouldn't be converting models that have less polys than the original models that came with IV.

"But besides what's posted on that site of yours" The last time that site was updated was when my Eagle mod was released

"but I can assure you he knows what he does" Yes, that's quite assuring. (not really.)

"Here the simple fact you put a weapon on the car and think it looks good for a Carmageddon mod tells us you still don't understand the Carmageddon idea at all" The "idea" of putting guns on ONE single vehicle almost four years ago some how deludes my perception of what Carma is all about? Surly you remember my other apoc vehicles that didn't include guns? Also, that specific vehicle was more of a zombie apoc vehicle rather then the Carma idea of an apocalyptic world.
(http://twiztid-productions.hostoi.com/images/ApeXCars/Exo_Apoc.jpg) For example, if that's not what you think Carma is about, then YOU have a fucked up perception and need to leave the carma scene.

And last but not least, I have no need to prove my ability to create efficiently to you, or anyone here. Those who have seen my /current/ mesh work know that I know what I'm doing.

Zodape's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 23/06/2011 - 18:36

Guys, guys, calm down. If you wanna keep arguing do it via PM. There is no need for you to get off-topic and for us to read this senseless-hatin'-post-orgy.

Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 23/06/2011 - 18:40

:) You're still as dull as ever, and totally made a fool of yourself alone!
You sound so aggressive/defensive that it just shows how insecure you are about everything. This why you spent your time trying to deny my points instead of simply posting a link for all of us to have a look at your work and see how you could have changed.

Turns out you have nothing to show, still the same good-for-nothing as before. All big talk but nothing to back it up and in the end you look like an idiot.
I'll just join Econo in the sarcasm and let you do your thing because you're so awesome. It was great to talk with you again.

@Zodape: welcome on a Carmageddon forum!

... and carmageddon add-ons at road reaction.

Mastro 666's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Thu, 23/06/2011 - 18:48

No te involucres Papurri.

AdR's picture
AdR
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Thu, 23/06/2011 - 19:00

Ahh, just like good ol' times... good to see we're all slowly getting back together! hehe

APEX's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Thu, 23/06/2011 - 19:23

This is all you get tosh, an old render of a truck. Don't like it? Fuck you.

lol @ AdR's post.
Good to see your still around man, "we all thought you died in Iraq or something" LOL

Edit: Tosh, who do you think designed the widebody kit and modeled the wheels for the vehicle in my signature? Also, F.B. inc is the one who joined the army, not me.

• Topic locked

Pages

randomness