Fluffy Bunny
Decided to speedrun this game
#1 Submitted: Sun, 29/04/2018 - 22:35
Edited by: baltoboulb... on 21/05/2018 - 20:38
Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 29/04/2018 - 22:47

I didn't watch it all and you say it's far from optimized, but it's already impressive as it is. Good job!

Would also be nice to have a community effort to try and make a speedrun.

... and carmageddon add-ons at road reaction.

baltoboulbobbi's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Fri, 04/05/2018 - 20:53

After some more practice I managed to go down to 2:40:20. Only two big changes; an extra upgrade run in group 5, and a new strat for the desert races.

Edited by: baltoboulbobbi on Mon, 21/05/2018 - 20:39
Fireman's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 10/05/2018 - 11:57

I love to speedrun. This is quite impressive, wasn't expect the Thunderbucket to make the best car for this.

Have you looked up all the powerup spawnpoints? I mean one Solid Granite Car (even RNG ones) could make each race extremely short. Otherwise youré quite dependents on the A.I.

I did see you avoid using the recover button, is that for a specific reason?

It is impressive so far! MIght have to test ILs to find out the best route for each level, if you have enough time for that :P.

You can submit your run here; https://www.speedrun.com/carmageddon_two/full_game . It's as official as you can get.

Edited by: Fireman on Thu, 10/05/2018 - 12:06
baltoboulbobbi's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sun, 13/05/2018 - 22:14

I just broke the 2:30:00 barrier (by less than a second!)

Fireman wrote:
I love to speedrun. This is quite impressive, wasn't expect the Thunderbucket to make the best car for this.

Have you looked up all the powerup spawnpoints? I mean one Solid Granite Car (even RNG ones) could make each race extremely short. Otherwise youré quite dependents on the A.I.

I did see you avoid using the recover button, is that for a specific reason?

It is impressive so far! MIght have to test ILs to find out the best route for each level, if you have enough time for that :P.

You can submit your run here; https://www.speedrun.com/carmageddon_two/full_game . It's as official as you can get.

You are right, I haven't memorized all the good powerup locations yet. I mostly pick up the double/triple ones like the double repulsificator at the fairground and beaver mountains, and of course the amazing acme damage modifier in group 4 race 2, and the granite car to kill big plow.
Not sure what you mean by not using the recover button, I feel like I use it quite a lot.
I'm going to submit this one to speedrun.com. didn't submit the previous one due to the "cheat" at uss lweinsky. My latest run is Clean.

Edited by: baltoboulbobbi on Mon, 21/05/2018 - 20:39
randomness