You are here

KevinKC's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
#1 Submitted: Fri, 02/03/2018 - 17:13

I suppose it is very unlikely to see any DLC being released for Carmageddon : Max Damage but I think it is a bit sad that Stainless shouldn't have given it a chance. The special Eagle and Hawk didn't feel like real new content, more like skins to cars you already have.

Maybe a good new car and driver (or level) would have been more welcomed than it seems by the players... like maybe they might have bought it instead of pirating it (I read on this forum that the game was pirated a lot, which is believable as what do you do when you want to buy a game which has the reputation of suffering from huge drops of framerate even on an average configuration ? You pirate it in order to avoid buying a game that doesn't even run properly on your computer).

I'm sure Agent Orange, Wanda Lust or Firestorm (With Tanka and a trailer) would have been bought by many... or any brand new to the franchise crazy car/driver, (or mine, or ski resort)
Actually, I'm absolutely not sure of that but it's not as if there had been any DLC to prove me wrong.

Anyway, I'm still playing Max Damage on PS4 and enjoying myself.
The career mode could have done with one or two more "nodes" using the city levels as three-ways-to-win race.
The game is great. The car handling is awesome. The car design is high up there.

2 branching nodes like 10b and 11b with a new map, a new arena and something like three new opponents would make for a nice DLC.

Edited by: KevinKC on 02/03/2018 - 17:23
Tonrac's picture
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 05/03/2018 - 17:06

I doubt we will see some DLC.
I think that there is not enough Carmageddon owners that will pay for DLC... Backers will said "Give us dlc for free" "Where is my Linux/Mac version?" or "Look SCI use kickstarter money to make DLC ... give us our rewards " and the flamewar could reborn again and again. Dlc would be great ... but i think it's too late to relaunch the sales.

AlexTSK's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Mon, 05/03/2018 - 17:28

A full expansion in the style of splat pack could work, give the people more than just a few cars and levels.

KevinKC's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Tue, 06/03/2018 - 23:56

Yeah, that's exactly my opinion Tonrac, DLCs would make many kickstaters enrage and it annoys me because I find their attitude a bit immature. If I had given money for the kickstater I would have just crossed my fingers hoping everything go alright and now I wouldn't dare complain about any absence of Linux or Kistarter reward after the shit stainless went through and we actually have a new good Carmageddon game in our hands.

Still, I wanted to write this post because I'm still having a good time playing the game.