You are here

NEWS: Carmageddon: Max Damage out NOW on GOG!

Pages

Errol's picture
Piledriver
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModerator
Submitted: Sat, 24/03/2018 - 18:16

As the changelog never appeared I'll post what I know:

Quote:
It was primarily a Steam without Steam build, but uses the GOG Galaxy equivalent services where available.

A few fixes slipped in
- Dual Shock 4 mapping
- removal of broken/unfinished steering wheel support
- addition of a map for Driving Force GT steering support (rough, non-configurable, and a bit pants without FFB but brake and accelerate work!).

:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::

Fr0nt's picture
Piledriver
Twitch ChampKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Sat, 24/03/2018 - 19:12

Fireman wrote:
Fr0nt wrote:
MrDeviance wrote:
Obviously there is no reason for me to buy it again

We all know you are just here to bitch about anything.

In which case I'd strongly advice you (MrDeviance) to keep bitchin' about Kickstarter rewards, so I won't have to.

but he didnt back the game, unless he became your official spokesperson, i would support him bitching about that. ;)

MrDeviance's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Mon, 26/03/2018 - 08:22

Fr0nt wrote:
Fireman wrote:
Fr0nt wrote:
MrDeviance wrote:
Obviously there is no reason for me to buy it again

We all know you are just here to bitch about anything.

In which case I'd strongly advice you (MrDeviance) to keep bitchin' about Kickstarter rewards, so I won't have to.

but he didnt back the game, unless he became your official spokesperson, i would support him bitching about that. ;)

I don't bitch, I bitch slap! Obviously I have nothing to lose if the kickstarter rewards are never given away.
However, as I wrote in my previous post I am all about principle and I point out bullshit when I see it clearly going on.
So neither Fireman nor anybody else should expect me to become the union leader for kickstarter backers that didn't receive their kiddie plastic toys, because I obviously don't care about these rewards and If I will ever be naive enough to risk backing anything on kickstarter, I will sure as hell not base my backing decision on such trivial shit like free plastic figurines next to my game or not...
Surely, If I would ever decide to throw my money away blindly into the pockets of total foreign strangers that promise to develop more of my favorite franchise, I would not base such a decision on childish things such as plastic figures and posters, keychains and other such useless merchandise and neither should anybody else that is old enough to have played this franchise when it first came out.
Considering how old carmageddon is, it's easy to assume that all of it's original fans are full on adults some of them married with kids or even grandkids...

Edited by: MrDeviance on Mon, 26/03/2018 - 08:25
Fr0nt's picture
Piledriver
Twitch ChampKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Mon, 26/03/2018 - 13:14

MrDeviance wrote:
I am all about principle

yes, except when you pirated the game.

MrDeviance's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Mon, 26/03/2018 - 17:39

Fr0nt wrote:
MrDeviance wrote:
I am all about principle

yes, except when you pirated the game.

Nope. I did it out of principle back then too. I also prevented the game from being shared on my forum for a while out of principle.
And I would have never bought the game if it wouldn't have been for a friend that got a spare key for max damage and gifted it to me, precisely out of principle.
If I decide I want to support somebody, I will do it over everybody's corpse and it's also available in reverse.

Edited by: MrDeviance on Mon, 26/03/2018 - 17:41
Errol's picture
Piledriver
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModerator
Submitted: Mon, 26/03/2018 - 21:42

I think this thread is going massively off-topic. Stop.

:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::

Pages