You are here

drive through

Pages

Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 05/12/2017 - 13:39

The recurrence of that bug on your system is outstanding. I think it might not be related to your C2 install and rather be an influence of your system config or a program running in background..!

To be sure about this, could you simply give the Vanilla C2 pack a quick try? You can download it at this address: http://rr2000.toshiba-3.com/R4/PC/vanillac2_r1b.zip It just requires a glide wrapper to run, if you already have nGlide installed on your system you should be good to go. If the same symptoms appear, then I'd say the bug is triggered by another process running in the background or something like that.

... and carmageddon add-ons at road reaction.

Chimieltje's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Tue, 05/12/2017 - 19:52

I could give the vanilla c2 a try, but do i loose my blood settings / patches? it gave me much work to get that going.. ;)

And is the vanilla c2 like as original with no already saved games or some like that, without tweaks and beginning at group 1?
Or short: I'd love to play with original settings ;)

cheers.

ps: I cannot believe a fast windows 10 pro machine with a few little processes could be the culprit..

6G ram, quadcore processor..Intel Pentium E5300

CPU clock frequency 2.6 GHz

onl y important thing what runs is kaspersky a.v.. besides that the computer is quite empty.

Edited by: Chimieltje on Tue, 05/12/2017 - 20:00
Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Submitted: Tue, 05/12/2017 - 21:33

Ah, the vanilla pack is a standalone and not meant to replace your current installation. You can extract it on your desktop for example and launch the game right away.

There's no savegame and no particular tweaks. It's usually just an easy way to quickly have a clean and modding-friendly install.

BTW don't forget the speed of current processors may (and do!) run old games with faulty beheaviour. Infamous bugs induced by fast processors include desynced ped animations, timer going to fast, player car steering in jerky fashion, ...

Trying to run C2 with the antivirus temporarily completely turned off is a good idea IMO. Just to be sure. Would be nice to find the culprit :)

Chimieltje's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Thu, 07/12/2017 - 18:05

Bug is still here.

* i have checked all my startup options at windows 10, nothing is starting up what can interfere
* i have setup the most maximum performance settings at my nvidia card gt9600, disabled onboard video
* i run dx 12

as in Queen terms, i am going slightly mad ;) (from the album innuendo)

i ll try now vanilla

Edited by: Chimieltje on Thu, 07/12/2017 - 18:07
Chimieltje's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Thu, 07/12/2017 - 19:35

vanillapack seems okay right now.. :)

Chimieltje's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Thu, 07/12/2017 - 20:22

sorry for the bad .. quality

after quite a time .. with vanilla this time :(

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Fri, 08/12/2017 - 10:03

YES WE GET IT! You have HP monitor -> you are rich! NOW download some screen cap software already ´=D

Chimieltje's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Fri, 08/12/2017 - 15:47

seems to be a glide bug..?. i have tried so far some emulators..

nglide
zeckandzack
dgvoodoo

only i am playing now with the options... e.g. for dgvoodoo2 vrs 2.54 i don't know what are the best settings, and the program crashes .. if i set it for example to dx11 feature level 10.1 .. and what to do with settings like

progressive scanline order
enumerate refresh rates

at general tab

and the misc ptions at the glide tab

and the tyoe 3dfx card to chose
and direct x settings

Edited by: Chimieltje on Fri, 08/12/2017 - 15:48
Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Submitted: Sun, 10/12/2017 - 17:49

Damn...

Have you tried running C2 in Direct3D mode rather than Glide? You can do that by launching it with the command:
CARMA2_HW.EXE -D3D

Or by selecting Direct 3D from the carma2.exe launcher.

Chimieltje's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Mon, 11/12/2017 - 13:48

i have been playing around with settings. e.g.

dgvoodoo , nvidia

and carma 2's general.txt ... splitting options changed.. from 2.5 to 1000

yon set to 99 (in fact the "real" yon edges stops at 85..) set it higher looks useless..

so far so good..

in overall dgvoodoo keep better results for me than nglide

Pages