You are here

drive through

Pages

Chimieltje's picture
Fluffy Bunny
drive through
#1 Submitted: Sun, 03/12/2017 - 11:34

Hi people,

is there a possible fix for this frozen flying opponents?? you can completely drive through. (above) Also you can drive through trees, road signs, lights, etcetera and other scenery.. which normally was bashing and crashing, breaking. this occur sometimes.

First I thought it had something to do with increasing yon settings, and in the game with opponent repulsificator and pinball mode

Only, it also occurs with freshly install with no yon tweaking and other tweaking

Running windows 10..

it is very annoying. I cannot remember in the windows 98 era that this sort of problems occur..

any suggestions for a fix?

Edited by: Chimieltje on 03/12/2017 - 11:36
Espyo's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModerator
Submitted: Sun, 03/12/2017 - 12:50

That's so bizarre... AFAIK, Carmageddon 2 and Windows 10 don't get along well, so that could be why. Does this always happen? It also looks like you're at the start of the game, but already facing off against Mother Trucker. Is this the vanilla game, or did you apply any mods?

I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a fangame engine for Pikmin games.

Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 03/12/2017 - 14:05

Carmageddon 2 runs really well on Windows 10 (well, in my experience), you just have to keep an eye on the wrappers :) (old winmm.dll...).

It's been a long time since I last encountered that glitch, but I've known about it for the longest time. Especially the Big Dump in the junkyard mission. Nowadays I always use the regular YON (35) so I thought it might be related to it (as it does have a severe impact on the AI beheaviour), but you mention playing the game with the default YON as well so I don't have a clue either...

However you also say that you can drive through level accessories and that doesn't ring a bell to me. AFAIK, if the YON is low enough you can just drive to the other side of the map and the frozen opponent should be properly respawn out of sight. Might be mistaken though.

... and carmageddon add-ons at road reaction.

Chimieltje's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sun, 03/12/2017 - 15:00

I only did some blood patches. and edited amount of opponentd but that could not be the problem

Yes indeed I am in the first level since i reinstalled carma to get away this ugly bug.

It is since a couple of days i got aware of it.

about the yon;

in carma2/data/options.txt they write the yon as 35.000000 (and what about the yon factor in this file)

while at carma2/data/general.txt it is 35.00

what is the best yon setting for both files?

to be short, game runs perfectly fine except that opponent freeze bug sometimes

I run at windows 10 and use nglide for 3dfx .. but as i say even at original installed c2 with no fix the problem occurs

Edited by: Chimieltje on Sun, 03/12/2017 - 15:08
Chimieltje's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sun, 03/12/2017 - 15:32

Edited by: Chimieltje on Sun, 03/12/2017 - 15:38
Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Submitted: Mon, 04/12/2017 - 12:38

I've never seen that going-through-accessories bug :| I'm also surprised it happens this often to you.

35.000000 and 35.00 are the same value (35). No need to touch it. Have you tried patching the game as suggested in the other thread?

Chimieltje's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Mon, 04/12/2017 - 16:58

Which patch is the best to use?

Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Submitted: Mon, 04/12/2017 - 17:29

SUPERPATCH V3 (aka. GOG Patch): http://rr2000.toshiba-3.com/R4/PC/GOGPatchV3.zip

If you untwatted DATA.TWT, this patch will restore it (as it is made for untouched installs).

Chimieltje's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Mon, 04/12/2017 - 18:18

Thank you. It looks as if (hope that is correct english) the problem is gone and solved.. even the tab mapview works a lot faster!

I'll drive some more around to see if all problems are gone finally :)

This far, so good!

Cheers! :)

Edited by: Chimieltje on Mon, 04/12/2017 - 18:19
Chimieltje's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Mon, 04/12/2017 - 20:15

I have played "Nice Beaver" level 1, without problems.

But, in level 2 "Rocky Too" the problem as with mother trucker (see above) do show up again, only this time a bit shorter, now for a few hanging seconds, earlier it could hang minutes..
(it doesn't have to do with e.g mothertrucker as 1 of the opponents, problem is there too when i do not edit amount of opponents)

it annoys me .. since with such flaws the gameplay isn't nice

Does it have to do with the Nglide (v 1.05) in combination with windows 10?

Edited by: Chimieltje on Mon, 04/12/2017 - 20:18
Chimieltje's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Mon, 04/12/2017 - 20:24

as here hangs a part of the buggy..

Pages

randomness