You are here

[REQUEST]Can the visual damage be tweaked to match the Reincarnation pre-alpha style?

Pages

ZeMantras's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Fri, 08/09/2017 - 00:49

thks for the new tweaks will try
if u want more vec deformation just grab Psyrgery's "misc_maps.lua" and edit it, its pretty much all there under "car_damage_detail_map", its very straightforward.

Psyrgery's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 08/09/2017 - 05:17

ZeMantras wrote:
thks for the new tweaks will try
if u want more vec deformation just grab Psyrgery's "misc_maps.lua" and edit it, its pretty much all there under "car_damage_detail_map", its very straightforward.

Hi ZeMantras,

that file only contains the presets for the amounts of detachable parts to be handled by the engine, (and my edits are only meant to work if you have set the game graphics config to "Best quality")

In fact, the game crush parameters are found in the file CGameParameters.lol which itself is found in the scripts folder within the ZAD file scripts.zad.

After you've decrypted it you can modify the blood colour, gravity, crush parameters, etc.

The files I've tweaked the most are this one and game_balance.lol which handles the damage input and output between the player and cpu opponents, among other things such as APO or credits.

Edited by: Psyrgery on Fri, 08/09/2017 - 10:22

Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil

MrDeviance's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Fri, 08/09/2017 - 17:24

Thanks a lot for the effort man.

flykas's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Mon, 11/09/2017 - 08:07

Hey it is a nice tweak, I love how detached parts litter the track. Also the the crushing is better.
I'm not sure if this is influenced by the tweak, but sometimes I get that soap brick buck where car's body loses traction with environment I remember getting it often in Alpha.
Also I think it would be cool to increase amount of bloody tire tracks and dead bodies, this way the track would look even better.

Pages

randomness