You are here

[REQUEST]Can the visual damage be tweaked to match the Reincarnation pre-alpha style?

Pages

MrDeviance's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
[REQUEST]Can the visual damage be tweaked to match the Reincarnation pre-alpha style?
#1 Submitted: Mon, 04/09/2017 - 09:38

Whenever I look at a pre-alpha version of Reincarnation, I notice the car damage physics seem much more fun and appealing to me than what is left in Max Damage today.
Does anybody have any idea of how to tweak the visual damage in Max Damage, to match the one seen in this video for example?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFAeMu7i_-Q

Edited by: MrDeviance on 04/09/2017 - 09:40
Psyrgery's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 05/09/2017 - 11:07

Use my tweaks, the damage model is closer to how it was in C:R pre-alpha, it took a hit when the game was ported to console and the physics had to run on mobile cpus.

EDIT: to be more precise, I modified the damage model by increasing the deformation subdivisions (which was 1000 in C:R and 6 in MD if I recall correctly) and by severely increasing the amount of detachables.

It looks much better now when a car is hit by a mine or mortar and lots of parts fly everywhere.

You can check it in one of my videos in Youtube, it's called messing with config.lua (damage model improved)

Edited by: Psyrgery on Tue, 05/09/2017 - 11:22

Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil

Psyrgery's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 05/09/2017 - 11:07

P.S. Sorry double post

Edited by: Psyrgery on Tue, 05/09/2017 - 11:08

flykas's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Tue, 05/09/2017 - 12:25

Yeah, damage and physics in alpha were more natural and sometimes more complex. I'd like to bring that back.

hazardic's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 06/09/2017 - 05:09

Psyrgery wrote:
Use my tweaks, the damage model is closer to how it was in C:R pre-alpha, it took a hit when the game was ported to console and the physics had to run on mobile cpus.

EDIT: to be more precise, I modified the damage model by increasing the deformation subdivisions (which was 1000 in C:R and 6 in MD if I recall correctly) and by severely increasing the amount of detachables.

It looks much better now when a car is hit by a mine or mortar and lots of parts fly everywhere.

You can check it in one of my videos in Youtube, it's called messing with config.lua (damage model improved)

would you mind to share a link, please? :)

AlexTSK's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Wed, 06/09/2017 - 05:41
MrDeviance's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Wed, 06/09/2017 - 07:15

Psyrgery wrote:

Hey thanks. I had read your topic but I thought your mod only dealt with the type of damage that cars do to other cars at a statistic level and not on a visual level.
It would have helped if you had some comparison videos in the topic but I guess that stuff takes lots of time.

Psyrgery's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 06/09/2017 - 07:27

Fuck, forget what I said, the last tweaks I mention here were not uploaded to my Dropbox folder because I did not mean to include then in my mod, I mean I only got to fiddle with them a bit.

In I recall correctly I even managed ti increase the draw distance by a wide margin too.

I will update my mod later on today, sorry for the false information.

EDIT: Nevertheless the video really I mentione shows the tweaks I mentioned, I will try to make some comparison pics

Edited by: Psyrgery on Wed, 06/09/2017 - 07:33

flykas's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Wed, 06/09/2017 - 11:47

Psyrgery wrote:
Fuck, forget what I said, the last tweaks I mention here were not uploaded to my Dropbox folder because I did not mean to include then in my mod, I mean I only got to fiddle with them a bit.

In I recall correctly I even managed ti increase the draw distance by a wide margin too.

EDIT: Nevertheless the video really I mentione shows the tweaks I mentioned, I will try to make some comparison pics

Nice, I'd like to try that out.

MrDeviance's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Wed, 06/09/2017 - 14:24

Psyrgery wrote:

Aww ok, no problem. At least my topic helped with something to a degree.

Psyrgery's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 06/09/2017 - 22:26

Okay, when I got home I found out that the last set of tweaks I made were a mess, so I spent the whole afternoon setting it up again from scratch.

I am not sure if you will like these tweaks, but give it a shot anyway, maybe you will enjoy it.

Download it here

Pages

randomness