You are here

Performance issues still after 2 years of """development"""

Pages

starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Posts: 1410
Submitted: Fri, 07/07/2017 - 10:52

Fr0nt wrote:
Fix

Yeah OK . Like SCI can fix the internet. We have some smart people here.

Why is it that when you are a child at the dinner table you can get punished asking for someone to please pass you the fork and knife ?

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Posts: 1867
Submitted: Fri, 07/07/2017 - 12:49

starbuck wrote:
Fr0nt wrote:
Fix

Yeah OK . Like SCI can fix the internet. We have some smart people here.

haha indeed we have =D geezes christ

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Posts: 2997
Submitted: Fri, 07/07/2017 - 12:54

He has a Radeon R9 290, which was hardly even close to top of the line two years ago. It's a card which could barely hit 60fps at 1440p in the most optimized of games from 2 years ago without significant tweaks to the graphics settings. In the two years since he last idiotically complained about it not running the game at the performance he felt entitled to, it's unsurprising to see him just as ignorant about how hardware and games work as ever.

At this point it's obvious to everyone that Garg is either a plain old troll or is just a computer illiterate moaner who gets his opinions from reading /r/PCMasterRace zealots. If he really had such a large stick up his arse about frame rate in games then he wouldn't be using a 4 year old Radeon. The fact that he's now complaining about it "only" running at 60fps speaks wonders about the fact he doesn't actually care about any of this, but rather is only here to complain for the sake of complaining and will make any excuse to do so.

Garg99's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Posts: 61
Submitted: Fri, 07/07/2017 - 13:17

Trent wrote:
He has a Radeon R9 290, which was hardly even close to top of the line two years ago. It's a card which could barely hit 60fps at 1440p in the most optimized of games from 2 years ago without significant tweaks to the graphics settings. In the two years since he last idiotically complained about it not running the game at the performance he felt entitled to, it's unsurprising to see him just as ignorant about how hardware and games work as ever.

At this point it's obvious to everyone that Garg is either a plain old troll or is just a computer illiterate moaner who gets his opinions from reading /r/PCMasterRace zealots. If he really had such a large stick up his arse about frame rate in games then he wouldn't be using a 4 year old Radeon. The fact that he's now complaining about it "only" running at 60fps speaks wonders about the fact he doesn't actually care about any of this, but rather is only here to complain for the sake of complaining and will make any excuse to do so.

i had the r9 290 2 years ago, bud
I've got a 7700k at 4.7ghz and 2 1080tis in SLI now + 32gb of ram and 2 500 gb ssd.
and ofc the radeo wasn't top of the line 2 years ago, it was however close to it, and when i bought it 4 years ago it was. I don't know why you are reading my old posts and assuming i hav the same hardware.

Fr0nt's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Twitch ChampKickstarter Backer
Posts: 498
Submitted: Fri, 07/07/2017 - 13:27

starbuck wrote:
Fr0nt wrote:
Fix

Yeah OK . Like SCI can fix the internet. We have some smart people here.

Why So Serious

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Posts: 2997
Submitted: Fri, 07/07/2017 - 15:29

Garg99 wrote:
i had the r9 290 2 years ago, bud
I've got a 7700k at 4.7ghz and 2 1080tis in SLI now + 32gb of ram and 2 500 gb ssd.
and ofc the radeo wasn't top of the line 2 years ago, it was however close to it, and when i bought it 4 years ago it was. I don't know why you are reading my old posts and assuming i hav the same hardware.

I assumed you hadn't upgraded from the radeon I remembered you making a big fuss about because you were comparing the performance you get now to what you got 2 years ago and moaning about only getting 60fps in 1080p. Maybe you should have posted your new specs before you started bitching?

Personally I've got a GTX1080 (factory OC'd, no hand tweaking) and i7 6700k at 4ghz and just did a quick test for arguments' sake. I'm getting a consistent 110 to 120 fps at 1440p on Bleak City Outskirts (the worst performing environment). This is also with the machine being bogged down by 5 instances of Visual Studio, massive databases loaded in SQL Server, Affinity Photo editing large images, Unity open, PHP Storm open, about 50 chrome tabs and various other bits and bobs spread across the three monitors, so not exactly the optimal gaming performance out of my hardware. A 1080ti should hit 144+ no problem. Maybe you need to open the config file and change the limiter if it's set?

Edited by: Trent on Fri, 07/07/2017 - 15:30

starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Posts: 1410
Submitted: Fri, 07/07/2017 - 22:35

Fr0nt wrote:
starbuck wrote:
Fr0nt wrote:
Fix

Yeah OK . Like SCI can fix the internet. We have some smart people here.

Why So Serious

Why are you still sticking up for obvious trolls Again? got nothing better to do ?

Edited by: starbuck on Fri, 07/07/2017 - 22:39

Why is it that when you are a child at the dinner table you can get punished asking for someone to please pass you the fork and knife ?

Dr. Gonzo's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Posts: 27
Submitted: Sat, 08/07/2017 - 04:32

I don't know why your complaining about Hilary getting run over. Donald's in the fray too. And whu are you storming the forums which are not SCi complaint lines? If your game is running slow, then try to figure out what's wrong, instead of bitching at everyone until it gets fixed.

SPLITTER-IZED

Gunsmith's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Posts: 57
Submitted: Sat, 08/07/2017 - 08:29

Dr. Gonzo wrote:
I don't know why your complaining about Hilary getting run over. Donald's in the fray too. And whu are you storming the forums which are not SCi complaint lines? If your game is running slow, then try to figure out what's wrong, instead of bitching at everyone until it gets fixed.

that would involving him using his brains and hes already confirmed that hes an idiot that thinks tossing high end bits in a box is the be all and end all of high end computing.

let him sit and spin. he aint worth the effort.

Dr. Gonzo's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Posts: 27
Submitted: Sat, 08/07/2017 - 12:58

it is quite odd that he's blaming everyone for his technical difficulties. But it's funny to watch him dig a hole for himself

SPLITTER-IZED

Pages

randomness