You are here

Location of the menu screenshots?

Arkantos's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Location of the menu screenshots?
#1 Submitted: Fri, 30/06/2017 - 18:38

Hello guys!

First of wall i want to say hi to everyone i'm new here! i been a fan of Carmageddon since a really long time (more than 10 years!), i remember i used to play this game on my cousin house, and while everyone were looking bad at me for having fun playing this "violent" game, i was really enjoying it!

Time ago i bought Carmageddon Max Damage on Steam, and i was really enjoying everything from it, even the screenshots that you guy made, and i wonder if i could decompile some of them since i really loved that design, and i'm aware that there are tools to decompile those screenshots and make them .PNG, i been searching through the folders but i couldnt find the ones i want!

Basically are those http://i.imgur.com/a3TrMv4.jpg from this screen, the red circle, the red arrow and the splash! i wonder if one of you guys know where are those files locates since i really want to use that design!

Thanks in advance!

Edited by: Espyo on 01/07/2017 - 12:32
Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Sat, 01/07/2017 - 08:10

First use Minge to extract the game's data from the ZAD files. Next look in Data_Core\Content\UI\assets\h1080_default\animation_textures\ and use GibbedTools to convert the TDX files to PNG. There's lots of textures in there so it may take some searching to find the textures you want. The background_images folder in there contains all the actual background images, while the red circle, box, grunge, etc. are individual textures.

Also you posted in the iOS & Android section, not the Max Damage section ;)

Arkantos's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sat, 01/07/2017 - 16:29

Hello, thanks for your reply! and i apologize for posting it in the wrong section, i was kinda confused when i saw lots of sections under the same name! i really aplogize. I'm using that tool to convert tdx files to PNG but sadly most of them gives me this error http://imgur.com/a/Ayiyn and after that the program just crash, i wonder if i need something else to make it work?

For example this file bloody_ring_1 which i assume it may be the one im looking for, but it gives me that error!

Thanks in advance!

Edited by: Arkantos on Sat, 01/07/2017 - 16:32
Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Tue, 04/07/2017 - 13:00

A8? Hmm, interesting, I hadn't come across that format before. GibbedTools doesn't currently support it. Should be fairly trivial to implement once I get the time to do it.

Arkantos's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Tue, 04/07/2017 - 20:36

Yes! please! sadly it seems like i can't convert to PNG all the files that i actually need because they all giveme that same error! hopefully you will update your tool!

Thanks in advance!

randomness