You are here

More spam than you can shake a stick at ?

starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
More spam than you can shake a stick at ?
#1 Submitted: Tue, 11/04/2017 - 04:56

A spammer comes in once every month a "gives shane hell" by posting here once a month.

So once he does, NOW comes in spamming using different names about once an hour talking about this "love black magic guru". with various phone numbers seeming to point to a phone number from India where it seems it goes to a recording possible telling you a new number to call. OR adding your number to his spam list to add you to these other "do not call" list to harass your phone number.

Its obvious this guy is most likely some pissed off loser trying to get attention.

He is basic ruining the forum by knowing fucking it up for the rest of us.

Shane or the other forum members what can we (or shane) do ? Should we have shane make a portal for those to offically sign in ? I would agree to that instead of wading thru 10 pages of sludge. I am sure nobody actually calls his number (what sane person would especially to a psychic no ones even heard of). we got nothing else to talk about so please discuss..

FYI It was about ten posts a month ago. NOW its more like 5 or 6 pages worth of stuff.Each day.

Edited by: starbuck on 11/04/2017 - 05:05

Why is it that when you are a child at the dinner table you can get punished asking for someone to please pass you the fork and knife ?

Fr0nt's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Twitch ChampKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 11/04/2017 - 08:11

or maybe its just a spambot.

but yeah, this board needs some updates.

Edited by: Fr0nt on Tue, 11/04/2017 - 08:15
Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Tue, 11/04/2017 - 09:18

Yeah it's a spambot, no doubt with a few people behind it to set the accounts up. Their goal is to scam people out of money.

Shane keeps adding spam protection to the forums but it keeps getting circumvented. There's email validation, captcha, registration question and more in place. Yesterday he was on the verge of geoblocking the entire of India in hopes of stopping it, which we can all agree is a bit extreme.

Fr0nt's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Tue, 11/04/2017 - 10:06

whats up with all the guests Always on this board?

Privata's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Tue, 11/04/2017 - 11:37

Fr0nt wrote:

I often find myself not logged in , it only happens with the carma forums. maybe others have that ''issue'' as well making them apear as guests.

Fr0nt's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Tue, 11/04/2017 - 11:52

Privata wrote:
Fr0nt wrote:

I often find myself not logged in , it only happens with the carma forums. maybe others have that ''issue'' as well making them apear as guests.

yeah maybe, but atm 149 guests. that cant be all people logged out.

If those really are people browsing not logged in, i cant understand why MP isnt alive

starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Tue, 11/04/2017 - 20:53

Right now I am glad that the spambot is not flooding this forum . It gets hard to find posts in here when there is 6 pages worth of garbage.

Good job shane for cleaning it up. I was ready to start placing his phone number to other known spam sites just to pay him back.

It wasnt really the problem that shane has to deal with. I couldnt stand not being able to locate topics, as few as there is.

Thanks for the details guys, now I must return to getting old again :D

Why is it that when you are a child at the dinner table you can get punished asking for someone to please pass you the fork and knife ?

matt's picture
Piledriver
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModerator
Submitted: Wed, 12/04/2017 - 12:04

Quote:
6 pages worth of garbage.

Let's keep it in perspective too - multiple pages is the rare extreme (granted, last weekend was this exact extreme). I see more garbage from a couple of trolls sometimes :P It seems obvious baba ji and the spammers have exceptionally small manhoods to justify and I'm still curious whether part of the motivation is the feed on the main page, getting the title indexed by google on the landing page of the site will hold some value and it would explain the incessant posting, as only the latest updates are on the feed. Regardless, no point losing our shit over a couple of idiots.

Edited by: matt on Wed, 12/04/2017 - 12:07
shane's picture
Community Manager
Stainless
Submitted: Tue, 18/04/2017 - 15:16

Hopefully it's been sorted out now - fingers crossed! :)

randomness