So, how's about that Linux game?

Pages

ToreadorVampire's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 29/08/2017 - 22:57

Quote:
#12 Submitted: Thu, 22/06/2017 - 17:25
Four months after I posted this question. Still no updates from Stainless.

Now a little over six months since I asked, with no update from Stainless. Not even an acknowledgement of the question.

Nobody suspects a Toreador …

CrapShoot's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sat, 02/09/2017 - 10:52

The port is most likely dead, just like the chance me buying from Stainless again.
I could live with them cancelling it, but simply ignoring it to death is just low.
It is not just the port that is dead, kickstarter as a vehicle to fund game development (or even development in general) died during the same timespan.
All just dot-com pipe dreams.
It is a shame. Now we are left with gimmicky greenlight games and buggy big budget titles.

Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 08/12/2017 - 22:52

A little over 9 months. No update from Stainless.

Car-o-line's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Thu, 01/02/2018 - 18:31

CrapShoot wrote:
The port is most likely dead, just like the chance me buying from Stainless again.
I could live with them cancelling it, but simply ignoring it to death is just low.

I totally agree.
HEY STAINLESS: If you don't do the Linux version, why don't you offer us a copy of the DRM-free Windows-version?
Offering nothing, replying nothing just leaves a bitter taste and encourages thinking bad thoughts concerning your mental health.

Errol's picture
Piledriver
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModerator
Submitted: Thu, 01/02/2018 - 19:31

Car-o-line wrote:
CrapShoot wrote:

I totally agree.
HEY STAINLESS: If you don't do the Linux version, why don't you offer us a copy of the DRM-free Windows-version?
Offering nothing, replying nothing just leaves a bitter taste and encourages thinking bad thoughts concerning your mental health.

There is a DRM free Windows version? Anyone backing the kickstarter or through paypal afterwards has received a free key.

:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::

starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Fri, 02/02/2018 - 14:16

Car-o-line wrote:
CrapShoot wrote:

I totally agree.

They make a game where the object is to run over pedestrians and you are worried about their mental health ? :P

Besides only last week it was 4 bucks for the DRM free version, thats less than lunch money.

Why is it that when you are a child at the dinner table you can get punished asking for someone to please pass you the fork and knife ?

Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 07/02/2018 - 23:56

CrapShoot wrote:

I can't live with them cancelling it (well, I could, but it means coming away empty handed). I still haven't been able to play any version of Resurrection or Max Damage yet, because I don't own a Windows PC or a console, nor do I wish to emulate/virtualize.

I've (still) had zero return from the Kickstarter so far (despite being a $150 backer). I've been given a few Windows-only Steam keys that I can't use and that's it.

So - if I get a definitive "yes we cancelled it" then I can have some closure. I might grumble and ask for my money back (coz from my perspective the KS never delivered) but at least I'd know there's no reason to keep visiting this forum every few months. If it's in dev then sure, I can hang on. I'm in no massive rush to play it.

I bet that the multiplayer community has all but evaporated now. To just about anyone else this is an old game.

starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Thu, 08/02/2018 - 00:44

ToreadorVampire wrote:
CrapShoot wrote:

I can't live with them cancelling it (well, I could, but it means coming away empty handed). I still haven't been able to play any version of Resurrection or Max Damage yet, because I don't own a Windows PC or a console, nor do I wish to emulate/virtualize.

I've (still) had zero return from the Kickstarter so far (despite being a $150 backer). I've been given a few Windows-only Steam keys that I can't use and that's it.

So - if I get a definitive "yes we cancelled it" then I can have some closure. I might grumble and ask for my money back (coz from my perspective the KS never delivered) but at least I'd know there's no reason to keep visiting this forum every few months. If it's in dev then sure, I can hang on. I'm in no massive rush to play it.

I bet that the multiplayer community has all but evaporated now. To just about anyone else this is an old game.

I am sure the work is just piling up in there just like a horses barn :P I thought it would be a few years more til the DRM free version and one day it just popped up.

Why is it that when you are a child at the dinner table you can get punished asking for someone to please pass you the fork and knife ?

Pages

randomness