You are here

So, how's about that Linux game?

Pages

ToreadorVampire's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 22/06/2017 - 17:25

Four months after I posted this question. Still no updates from Stainless.

If the answer is "no, there is currently zero development resource committed to creating the Mac/Linux versions of the game" then that's an answer at least. Better than being perpetually in the dark about it.

Nobody suspects a Toreador …

starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Fri, 23/06/2017 - 14:44

Why is it that when you are a child at the dinner table you can get punished asking for someone to please pass you the fork and knife ?

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Fri, 23/06/2017 - 15:47

Uhhh... what? The first link was PR fluff about how the Xbox One is to Windows 8 in it's APIs and such, glossing over all finer details and technicalities and taken quite out of context. The real meaning of the quote was: In the best case situation, where everything is done in a way that's compatible with the Xbox One anyway, it will only take a couple of days to get an initial first build up and running when porting from Windows 8. It doesn't mean it only takes 2 days to completely port any game to the console.

The second link purpose of the second link is just confusing. It's talking about installing linux on the original Xbox released over 15 years ago... what's that got to do with anything on this forum?

starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Sat, 24/06/2017 - 02:34

Trent wrote:

Uhhh... what? The first link was PR fluff about how the Xbox One is to Windows 8 in it's APIs and such, glossing over all finer details and technicalities and taken quite out of context. The real meaning of the quote was: In the best case situation, where everything is done in a way that's compatible with the Xbox One anyway, it will only take a couple of days to get an initial first build up and running when porting from Windows 8. It doesn't mean it only takes 2 days to completely port any game to the console.

The second link purpose of the second link is just confusing. It's talking about installing linux on the original Xbox released over 15 years ago... what's that got to do with anything on this forum?

Basically if a monkey can do it ... Its been what ? Years ?

There are 3 things I know that people are waiting on. Linux and Macs, the tools, and the goodies, which they have in their office supposedly. And the game disks.

Now they are pushing Carmageddon Crashers ?

Makes me wonder how many years til we get our DRM free versions. When the operating systems cant run them no more ?

Edited by: starbuck on Sat, 24/06/2017 - 02:43

Why is it that when you are a child at the dinner table you can get punished asking for someone to please pass you the fork and knife ?

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Sat, 24/06/2017 - 08:12

So what you're saying is because in a perfect situation a bare bones port can be working on the latest Xbox in a couple of days, and because people have hacked linux onto the original Xbox, that means it's extremely easy to port Max Damage to Linux...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Sat, 24/06/2017 - 19:45

Yup.

ThomasN's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 26/06/2017 - 20:09

You were scammed. Move on.

Adenzel's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sat, 01/07/2017 - 17:24

ThomasN wrote:
You were scammed. Move on.

I'd tend to agree... however, WHERE THE HELL IS THE LINUX & MAC VERSIONS?!?!?! XD

Surely if the Devs have no clue how to do it they could get Feral Interactive to port it? (Pretty sure they must have contracted out CMD to get that working so well).

Car-o-line's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Tue, 08/08/2017 - 11:34

Can we please get an update on the development of the Linux Version of this game, or have we been ripped?
I backed this whole thing just to get the Linux version and what do I get? Not even an answer. Shame on you!!

Servo451's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Submitted: Tue, 08/08/2017 - 22:02

Will the upcoming Linux Version of Carmageddon: Max Damage support steering controllers? (I'm just kidding.)

Pages

randomness