You are here

[NEWS] Androids Wanted!

Pages

Razor's picture
Piledriver
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModeratorCompetition Winner
Submitted: Sun, 15/01/2017 - 17:32

Still waiting, been waiting since July...

Edited by: Razor on Tue, 17/01/2017 - 15:55

For all of my Carmageddon stuff visit my site @ http://r.carmajunkies.com
Visit my retro gaming website @ www.retrogameshelf.com

PanterA's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 15/01/2017 - 21:36

Razor wrote:
Still waiting, been waiting since July...

Been patiently waiting since July too.

PanterA ... Forever Stronger Than All

Edited by: Razor on Tue, 17/01/2017 - 15:55
CoolZone's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Mon, 16/01/2017 - 09:03

Hopefully we will get some news today, along with the build :).

Edited by: Razor on Tue, 17/01/2017 - 15:56
nobby's picture
Stainless
Stainless
Submitted: Mon, 16/01/2017 - 19:09

Once again, thanks for your patience guys. Because releasing a title like this is a new experience for us, we're doing a fair bit of "learning stuff" along the way... and as I mentioned, we hit a snag just before the intended test date last week, and then when QA were testing it out, another snag was reported. That was fixed first thing this morning and testing has continued today. We just need confirmation from colleagues in the US that they can read the data the game throws out correctly, and we'll be good to go. Yes, Game Development Is Non-Stop FUN.

I was in the war.

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Tue, 17/01/2017 - 01:01

Hey Nobby, are you guys making the next game in Beelzebub? Do you guys have a real-time testing environment in your internal development software? Like how Unity/Unreal allows you to just hit "play" on your game to test and debug your scene straight from the development window?

nobby's picture
Stainless
Stainless
Submitted: Tue, 17/01/2017 - 10:12

Hey FatCat,
This project's our first to be written using Unity (well, for most of us - Shane's got previous experience from writing his own personal games in it).

I was in the war.

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Tue, 17/01/2017 - 11:42

Niiice! =D

Edited by: Razor on Tue, 17/01/2017 - 15:56
KakkaHousu's picture
Piledriver
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Tue, 17/01/2017 - 12:51

Why you changed engine? Is Beelzebub now abandoned, or do you use Unity only for small games? If there is ever going to be sequel for Max Damage, for what engine it probably is build?

nobby's picture
Stainless
Stainless
Submitted: Tue, 17/01/2017 - 13:38

Hey KakkaHousu,

We use the most appropriate tech for the project, and in the case of this one, Unity was the choice. Engine tech moves on all the time, and it's well-documented that having initially decided Beelzebub was the best choice back when we started work on Reincarnation, we subsequently had cause to question that choice when the true magnitude of work required to update Beelzebub became apparent, leading to the project running on and on, leading to other middleware options becoming better and potentially viable alternatives...

So, the decision to continue using Beelzebub becomes more difficult in the post Max Damage world of development, with the options available today. We'll go through the same assessment process, but the outcome might not be the same.

I was in the war.

KakkaHousu's picture
Piledriver
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Tue, 17/01/2017 - 16:39

Got message about Carmageddon:Crasher on my email. I guess download codes are sent. Unfortunately my device didn't pass the system requirements.

Pages

randomness