You are here

Where are our $150+ backer rewards ?

Pages

twisted's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 18/11/2017 - 15:49

starbuck wrote:
The way the forum and the game goes now . I come in and leave again just to catch up.

to find nothing worth catching up for. (no offense any modders)

Same here.

ZeMantras's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Mon, 20/11/2017 - 17:17

seems to be nothing to catchup around here, this beeing the only active topic in maxdamage

Edited by: ZeMantras on Mon, 20/11/2017 - 17:17
Dr. Gonzo's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Mon, 20/11/2017 - 18:38

I can see tumbleweeds in the distance, while this is the only living thread

SPLITTER-IZED

MrDeviance's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Fri, 24/11/2017 - 08:58

Trent wrote:
Considering how much you're patting yourself on the back for knowing everything about what's happened and who is responsible, you really don't know what Nobby's job was.

He was never the CEO. The current CEO is Jan Lindner who took over from Batwick so he could focus on actual development work. Nobby is just a "Game Director". He has a few levels of management above him who make the business decisions and call the shots. He's not a Randy Pitchford or a Peter Monlyneux who have free reign to do what they like with their companies and the buck stops with them. Any decision Nobby makes has to be approved, anything he does can be vetoed and overruled by upper management and he is beholden to the NDA and management as to what he's allowed to say. He had no control over spending, budget, allocation of resources, schedule or even how the whole rewards debacle is handled.

What he did is designed the game from a top down perspective, put concepts together, pitched in with the art and content side of things where possible (e.g. car designs, placing powerups, route layouts, etc.) and told the team how he expected the game to be (e.g. "that needs to be shinier", "this car needs more power", etc.). Anything on the technical side of development was out of his hands, that was Si's department, anything on the publishing side was Jason's wheelhouse, while business,team management and community management decisions were down to people like Matt and Batwick. Carmageddon was a passion project for Nobby, he came out of retirement to help make it happen and put himself out as the face of the whole thing and showed his enthusiasm for it, but all the "bad decisions" were out of his control. The project's major problems are almost entirely down to technical and business decisions which he didn't have the final decision over.

As Tosh said, Nobby's only fault is being overly enthusiastic for a project he was extremely passionate about. It may make it look like he was the big boss in charge of everything but that's far from reality. If Nobby had full control of the game's development with no one telling him what can and can't be done or said then it would have turned out very differently, though whether that would be for the better or for the worse is up for debate.

Well, If that is the hierarchy then Nobby really appears to have no fault other than plastering his face for the public eye and opening himself to praise or criticism from the people that didn't know he's not actually the guy that calls the shots over there.
I believe that I judged him too harshly precisely because I thought he did call the shots, up until I read your post.
After reading an article on Jan Lindner, I have idea who he is. To me he seems like a magic rabbit that came out of the hat.
I guess the blame can be put partly on Patrick and then on Jan Lindner for this mess, for not being able to get the dev team to execute their vision properly

Edited by: MrDeviance on Fri, 24/11/2017 - 09:02
twisted's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 25/11/2017 - 14:37

@MrDeviance There's no blame to put on anyone the game is what it is, for better or worst. You sound like you're searching a culprit to do yourself justice because you've been ripped off... you're problem buddy.

Fr0nt's picture
Piledriver
Twitch ChampKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 27/11/2017 - 11:07

most if not all of the new powerups came from Patricks crazy brain, just like the caravans. Also looking at how the bear handles. It's pretty obvious Patricks vision is well represented in the game, thus well executed by the team.

#savethebear

Dave3d's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 06/12/2017 - 23:45

Fr0nt wrote:
keep the fire burning

Well, looks like some people got their rewards then (probably the kiss arses around here still), but I unfortunately got nothing. Nadda. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nothing.
Well, a digital key that probably cost them 0.003 cents to give me.
Another 2 months gone by, with no rewards nor, any response from carma people.
:(

Edited by: Dave3d on Wed, 06/12/2017 - 23:47
Mintydog's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 31/12/2017 - 09:54

So where are the rewards?
Oh I see, Carmageddon Crashers is new on mobile, well it's nice to see where priorities lie.

Edited by: Mintydog on Sun, 31/12/2017 - 09:55
Fr0nt's picture
Piledriver
Twitch ChampKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 01/01/2018 - 12:39

Happy New No Rewards Year!

Pages

randomness