You are here

Where are our $150+ backer rewards ?

Pages

MrDeviance's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Posts: 367
Submitted: Sat, 02/09/2017 - 10:36

Hello everybody. I only just saw this topic now and I read through most of it and had so many laughs at the expense of your misery, I won't lie.
I will have everybody reading this know that even though I consider myself a huge fan of the carmageddon series and I have modded and played carmageddon 1 and 2 since their original release, I was never stupid enough to trust kickstarter, therefore I've never donated as it can also be seen from the lack of my KS or PP badge on both this account and on my former banned one.
I feel for those that were naive enough to donate 150bucks and trusted Stainless as if they were their own old drinking buddies.
I did my fair share of contribution because even if I didn't risk donating money to the ks or pp, I spread the word on many forums and had people claim they will donate to this.

Now regarding the lack of goods for you $150 naive fanboys that keep squealing and crying, I'm surprised that you're amazed regarding their radio silence.
Have you guys never stumbled upon some of my posts in other topics? Did you guys not smell the rotten corpse with your own noses?
Is it just me that noticed since 2 years now that Stainless got infected with ineptitude and went on the path of a slow and desperate death which is manifesting it's last twitch reflexes right now as we speak?
Didn't the latest carmageddon: crashers that got prematurely ejaculated onto the internets with no promos and filled with bugs and laggy as shit, give anybody a clue yet? How many more examples do you guys need to get a hint that shit is dead around here?
Stainless is running on sawdust mates, the greens are over and they are a dry fish on land.
If I'm talking shit and I'm accidentally and monumentally hurting their Big Cojones, then how about they confront me here and tell me I'm talking bullshit.
They are literally dying and you guys debate whether they will give you your shitty plastic toys or not? Really? xD?
How freaking naive are you guys?
I will tell you that you have more chances on getting news of their bankruptcy before the news that you will not get the plastic toys.
Try seeing the bigger picture, get real...

I hope you magically get your toys in the end but frankly it would be better if you don't get them so that you can have this valuable lesson on not trusting anybody online.

Edited by: MrDeviance on Sat, 02/09/2017 - 14:23
Fr0nt's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Twitch ChampKickstarter Backer
Posts: 496
Submitted: Sat, 02/09/2017 - 19:10

We backed the game when there was nothing, its easy to bitch about stuff when it already happened or was happening, We backed before all that. You say you noticed it 2 years ago, too bad we backed them 4 years ago.

Would i do it again knowing how it would turn out.... not sure, probably. Looking at the total amount of hours played and the amount i backed, that's 0.46 cents an hour. And i've spend way more then that on other games i bought and never played.

so yeah, i guess its fair to say we all wanted this to be more than it turned out to be, but hey, atleast we gave them a chance to try. If we all thought like you, we would still be waiting for a new carmageddon.

Tonrac's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Posts: 550
Submitted: Sat, 02/09/2017 - 19:30

Well said Front.

Psyrgery's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Posts: 698
Submitted: Sun, 03/09/2017 - 11:27

Front

Tonrac

Just ignore him

Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil

MrDeviance's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Posts: 367
Submitted: Sun, 03/09/2017 - 13:12

Fr0nt wrote:
We backed the game when there was nothing, its easy to bitch about stuff when it already happened or was happening, We backed before all that. You say you noticed it 2 years ago, too bad we backed them 4 years ago.

Would i do it again knowing how it would turn out.... not sure, probably. Looking at the total amount of hours played and the amount i backed, that's 0.46 cents an hour. And i've spend way more then that on other games i bought and never played.

so yeah, i guess its fair to say we all wanted this to be more than it turned out to be, but hey, atleast we gave them a chance to try. If we all thought like you, we would still be waiting for a new carmageddon.

I am not judging those that donated the amount of cash equal to the sum they would pay on the final completed game.
However, I do raise my eyebrow at those that go on to donate 150 bucks or more.
If the kickstarter failed, I don't know what would have happened, maybe nothing or maybe the game would have been shittier but would have at least had a reason to be shitty due to no funds.
Looking back, I remember how it all went because I was here since day 1 and I had my naive hopes and dreams too, go research my first posts from my former account and you will see how big of an enthusiast I was but I just didn't trust ks...
You need to accept that you donated to satisfy your curiosity of a new carmageddon game but you didn't donate for a game that is worthy to exist in my honest opinion.
If I would have known the game would be like it is today, I wouldn't have wasted these years on this forum.

Edited by: MrDeviance on Sun, 03/09/2017 - 13:14
Fr0nt's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Twitch ChampKickstarter Backer
Posts: 496
Submitted: Sun, 03/09/2017 - 14:36

start raising your eyebrows boy, cause i donated around 600-660

I was here from the beginning as well, so i dont have to do research. (didnt you pirate the game at first?) The campaing, the thrill of getting those targets, the streams etc etc everything was worth it, and im glad i got to experience it.

i dont need to accept your reality.... my reality is the game is awesome, yes it has flaws, and yes their are a lot of people who dont like it, and enough people who got past the handling issue and did enjoy it. That doesnt change the fact i enjoyed playing it daily for hours.

I regrat nothing.

yet you still waste time here trying....i dont even know what your point is at this point.

MrDeviance's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Posts: 367
Submitted: Mon, 04/09/2017 - 08:34

Fr0nt wrote:
yet you still waste time here trying....i dont even know what your point is at this point.

I'm not trying anything. And there is no point anymore for me.
I am just visiting the forum out of twitch reflex, somehow hoping to find something new that doesn't disappoint me here, however the truth is sinking in fast
Basically, I am just walking through a desolate wasteland and seeing the nuclear aftermath and the few people that are still alive here in the sand and in denial.
Personally, the only reason I still came here was for AlexTsk's topic on his modded cars and for the expected huge announcement of their new mobile game that happened so fast and in such a small and uneventful fashion that I didn't even notice it at first.
From what I understand Alex has kind of had enough of the backwards methods of getting his cars in the game, so the reasons to visit die one by one each week.
The mobile game is shit too, so what is anybody still expecting to see here I don't know, I really don't see a future anymore.
Some are still waiting for plastic to be delivered at their door and a few others still hope for a linux port or a drm free version but I think the joke is on them.

As for me pirating the game at first. Of course I did and I would have not had it any other way.
When Reincarnation came out it was such a massive piece of buggy, laggy and graphically unappealing shit that I almost felt the need to have them pay me for all of my lost time on this forum up to that point instead of vice versa.
I only just got to buy it when Max Damage came out and I did it at a huge sale on steam when I paid a few bucks for it because that is it's true value in my opinion.
If there was one good thing about Reincarnation, it was that in it's first alpha versions the damage physics were actually cool but then they toned it down gradually through subsequent patches and finally when they released Max Damage they almost completely turned it off.
Everything regarding the car damage in Max Damage is just parts flying and bending that looks scripted
Not sure how many still remember this level of damage but it shows that Reincarnation had really cool damage tech at one point
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFAeMu7i_-Q
If anybody can tell me that Max Damage's car damage is anywhere close to the one from this video, they are truly crazy.
Again, sorry if anybody from Stainless feels saddened by my opinion but this game does not look like that product that had any labor of love put into it.
It felt sterile and uninspired and buggy and laggy since day 1 and it remains like that for the most part to this day.
Their idea of optimization for the sake of FPS, was to cut the very nature that made the game fun, they cut the damage physics themselves.
Instead of releasing those car twisting damage updates that Nobby was hyping, they ended up cutting everything altogether.
The development process of this game was a mess from start to finish and it was handled horribly with numerous features that were hyped and never made it.

Edited by: MrDeviance on Mon, 04/09/2017 - 09:15
Fr0nt's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Twitch ChampKickstarter Backer
Posts: 496
Submitted: Mon, 04/09/2017 - 09:39

MrDeviance wrote:
Fr0nt wrote:
yet you still waste time here trying....i dont even know what your point is at this point.

I'm not trying anything. And there is no point anymore for me.

you should have stopped there, and i would have believed you.

AlexTSK's picture
I was in the War!
Posts: 2765
Submitted: Mon, 04/09/2017 - 17:01

MrDeviance wrote:
From what I understand Alex has kind of had enough of the backwards methods of getting his cars in the game, so the reasons to visit die one by one each week.

The methods of getting cars into the game aren't backwards, its just that the methods I use take a long time.

Fr0nt's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Twitch ChampKickstarter Backer
Posts: 496
Submitted: Tue, 03/10/2017 - 08:43

and another month without any news...even tho ive seen some newsworthy stuff @ Facebook. yet not a word on the official forums...

Pages

randomness