You are here

Extracting textures from carma2..

OverRunner's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Extracting textures from carma2..
#1 Submitted: Tue, 22/11/2016 - 18:50

So how the eff am I supposed to be able to view a given car's .MAT file or whichever file contains the texture files and extract the textures? I got a project to remodel the bimmer in high detail and perhaps make it a carma2 car too, got the model imported now but the textures..Just how.

LuckyMike's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Tue, 22/11/2016 - 22:40

Maybe Flummery can help you.

Edited by: LuckyMike on Tue, 22/11/2016 - 22:43
Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Wed, 23/11/2016 - 15:28

The textures are in PIX files, the MAT files are the materials which reference the textures. The models reference the MAT files. To extract the textures from PIX files Trixx is for pix.

Edited by: Trent on Wed, 23/11/2016 - 15:30

Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 24/11/2016 - 11:47

Can't flummery read .pix files? Anyway they'd have to be extracted from the pixies, I don't remember if TRixx does that. If it doesn't TWT Suite can.

However there's an easier path to your project: download the Bimmer template from Toxic-Ragers
http://www.toxic-ragers.co.uk/files/carma2/templates/cars/
You'll get the files untwatted, and with the original tiff files :)

... and carmageddon add-ons at road reaction.

Errol's picture
Piledriver
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModerator
Submitted: Mon, 28/11/2016 - 08:47

Toshiba-3 wrote:
Anyway they'd have to be extracted from the pixies, I don't remember if TRixx does that

Pretty sure TRixx can do pixie packing and unpacking. If it doesn't let me know!

:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
Making C:R mods happen since '14!

OverRunner's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Tue, 29/11/2016 - 18:33

Alright thanks guys. Maybe this question was bit of a nooby one. I thought mat files contain the .pix files.

randomness