Carmageddon: Max Damage Steam Update 3/11/2016 - v1.0.0.9857

Pages

shane's picture
Community Manager
Stainless
Carmageddon: Max Damage Steam Update 3/11/2016 - v1.0.0.9857
#1 Submitted: Thu, 03/11/2016 - 11:01

Hey there Carmafans!

Update v1.0.0.9857 is here! Please read below for a list of what’s changed. This will be automatically applied to your game, the next time you run the Steam client. But if your game is not being updated, please log out of Steam and back in and it should then start the update.

The fixes in the Hot Fix are:

• Refresh rate fix for 30hz monitors
  • Career saves no longer possible with modified Zads

For details on previous updates please head to https://carmageddon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/202327005-Updates

Edited by: shane on 25/11/2016 - 10:28
MemoryKill's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 03/11/2016 - 11:48

Guys, can I be the first show my concern/dissappointment?

With this change to saves, we now seem to have ever less chance of career mode mods being implimented easily. Why are you guys being be so limiting with regards to career out of interest? Is it really so hard to disable achievements, stats and MP in career mode with mods thus allowing us to have our fun way? I mean do people care about stats and achievements that much? I've beaten the career now of course, we have 3 save slots when the game loads up, why can't we just use one of these 3 for mods only? CarMODgeddon in it's current state is not good enough as it doesn't allow any career mode modding, only in freeplay, where as the fun is to be had in career (for me at least). I would hope in the future you would be more open to mods or more open to updating the MODgeddon mode to enable it's own, offline, no achievements, no MP career mode. As at time it just makes you seem like you are limiting this very awesome communities and it's current and potential creations. We love mods, I adored what people did with Carmageddon 2 career...allowing the like of 11 opponents instead of 5, the plethora of new vehicles, environments, sound effects, even visual effects at times and improving the engine, it made replayability of the charts because of this, and how easy it was to mod C2.

I get it, you want to perfect the release version first and that's fine, but do please consider allowing more options for modders rather than us having to find brute force circumventions to have our way with the game, we appreciate carMODgeddon, but it needs a lot more attention/usability.

That's just my two pennies/cents. I hope in the future this can come to be.

Edited by: MemoryKill on Thu, 03/11/2016 - 11:49
AlexTSK's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Thu, 03/11/2016 - 12:12

Its probably because steam workshop intergration is coming at some point which will solve some of these issues, just have to wait till then.

HEX1GON's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Thu, 03/11/2016 - 12:25

Leaderboards would only be great within friends.

There's already "trainers" made for the game, as I noticed some ridiculously high scores :/

Mod support will happen anyway, that's the nature of Carmageddon anyway - MadMike has been very busy with it.

DLEGION's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Thu, 03/11/2016 - 12:29

i'm still not sure where are my career savegames and how "save" them on my extrernal HDD (to import them on an internet-less PC).
hope someone cast some light on this...

Tonrac's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 03/11/2016 - 16:06

"Hex1gon: I noticed some ridiculously high scores :/"

Could you give some example? Because with a lot of time it's easy to make 300 / 400K point in a Carma classic event...

Edited by: Tonrac on Thu, 03/11/2016 - 16:06
Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 03/11/2016 - 21:35

Tonrac: You can check the global leaderboards, there are a lot of 999,999,999,999 and such scores. A bit annoying.

Also I agree with the general idea of "empowering" moddability as much as possible, this is the major factor that can turn C:MD into a legend like C2 is.

... and carmageddon add-ons at road reaction.

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 04/11/2016 - 16:03

Quote:
Mod support will happen anyway, that's the nature of Carmageddon anyway - MadMike has been very busy with it.

Indeed, I have been very busy ;)

There's still a long way to go, the absence of Trailer support for CarMODgeddon will delay some of my releases.

One man... Alone... Wrecking opponents in the Automobile he loves
Twitter Manifestation, Mods for Max Damage

Kejnel's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 05/11/2016 - 02:40

Toshiba-3 wrote:
Tonrac: You can check the global leaderboards, there are a lot of 999,999,999,999 and such scores. A bit annoying.

Also I agree with the general idea of "empowering" moddability as much as possible, this is the major factor that can turn C:MD into a legend like C2 is.

Well... there is this glitch with Super Suppressor, that you can exploit to make it your infinite cash cow. Not a trainer.

If you want to report bugs or want to ask for features DO NOT USE FORUM FOR THAT! Instead send it to developers HERE: https://carmageddon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

HEX1GON's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Sat, 05/11/2016 - 06:54

You really think someone will sit there for a score of 999,999,999,999 for the sake of being 1 on a pointless leaderboard?

I doubt it. If you look up and research the trainer online. One of the functions is for instant cash. Hold the button down of that and bam up goes your score with a very low amount of time on a car with 1:1:1 APO.

Doubt it very much.

shane's picture
Community Manager
Stainless
Submitted: Tue, 08/11/2016 - 18:45

HEX1GON wrote:
You really think someone will sit there for a score of 999,999,999,999 for the sake of being 1 on a pointless leaderboard?

I doubt it. If you look up and research the trainer online. One of the functions is for instant cash. Hold the button down of that and bam up goes your score with a very low amount of time on a car with 1:1:1 APO.

Doubt it very much.

We'll look at cleaning some of the 'ridiculous' scores off the leader boards.

Pages