You are here

TRUMP n DUMP this SH:IT till we get a linux answer

Pages

shootm3h's picture
Fluffy Bunny
TRUMP n DUMP this SH:IT till we get a linux answer
#1 Submitted: Wed, 02/11/2016 - 02:49

seriously. should i trust trump or the dump more than you?
or should i expect you to play the game like they do?
you made a promise, give us an ETA or EAT the topic.
you've ignored us for long enough.

for those of you not on linux, piss off and post somewhere else.

EDIT: To save scrolling for linux users looking for an official update: (Thanks to Toshiba-3, still no OFFICIAL UPDATE FROM THE COMMUNITY MANAGER)

(dated 17th June 2016) at the 5:18 mark. Here's a link straight to the relevant part of the video:

https://youtu.be/sU3BP589YIM?list=PLCA9zFfvVxqD6JtgDOdvSqe6lFVaUVpjI&t=318

I'll even give you a quick transcript:

Nobby: "Linux, Linux is being discussed and uhm, how the game is going to come to Linux is uhm, being sorted out, i think we even uhm, we may even have the people to do that lined up. So yeap, that's still on the cards, we haven't forgotten it. Obviously Mac and Linux."

Shane: "We're still committed to it, we are not going to let you down."

Nobby: "That's right."

Shane: "No no no"

Edited by: shootm3h on 03/11/2016 - 18:19
LittleBabyman's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Wed, 02/11/2016 - 16:53

Hey, at least I'd have another reason to switch to linux.

Privata's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Wed, 02/11/2016 - 16:58

They said its on its way.
It will happen.

Just calm down , there is no need to be angry about it.
At least its on its way , right? is that not better than it not being on its way?

Its true its hard to wait , but on the bright side , when it does come you will get the best of first impresions as you skip C:R and get all the new features that C:MD offered us on PC.

shootm3h's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Thu, 03/11/2016 - 01:25

Quote:
They said its on its way.]

who says, where? the kickstarter 'promise' if you pay us, from 5 years ago?

"we've now released the PC (oops WINDOWS cuz we don't know the difference apparently) and we are busy beavering away at linux port"

where's that update? show me.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stainlessgames/carmageddon-reincarnation/posts/1720477
here's the latest kickstarter update, with COMMENTS.

now if you press CTRL + F and type in linux, you'll see i'm not alone either.

i'm telling you how to search for linux in the comments, because apparently stainless hasn't noticed that there are more "where's my linux" than any pats on the back for a job well done.

Edited by: shootm3h on Thu, 03/11/2016 - 01:39
Privata's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Thu, 03/11/2016 - 13:15

shootm3h wrote:
Quote:
They said its on its way.]

"we've now released the PC (oops WINDOWS cuz we don't know the difference apparently) and we are busy beavering away at linux port"

where's that update? show me.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stainlessgames/carmageddon-reincarnation/posts/1720477
here's the latest kickstarter update, with COMMENTS.

i'm telling you how to search for linux in the comments, because apparently stainless hasn't noticed that there are more "where's my linux" than any pats on the back for a job well done.

They said so in the livestreams.

Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 03/11/2016 - 15:09

Hello. What's up with the rude attitude. Not a good way to invite users/Stainless to answer you. Welcome anyway.

I'll just quote a post from Steam forums:

Max Is Back wrote:
kozec wrote:
EvilZoMBiE C:UN:T wrote:
how is the devs talking directly to viewers in a livestream any less real than a forum post from the same devs?

Former is kinda hard to see right now.

Not at all! Here you go, every Carmageddon livestream since March 26th 2014:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCA9zFfvVxqD6JtgDOdvSqe6lFVaUVpjI

Looking specifically for mentions of Linux? Well, most of the recent livestreams have some mention of it but try the latest (dated 17th June 2016) at the 5:18 mark. Here's a link straight to the relevant part of the video:

https://youtu.be/sU3BP589YIM?list=PLCA9zFfvVxqD6JtgDOdvSqe6lFVaUVpjI&t=318

I'll even give you a quick transcript:

Nobby: "Linux, Linux is being discussed and how the game is going to come to Linux is being sorted out, we may even have the people to do that lined up. So yeah, that's still on the cards, we haven't forgotten it. Obviously Mac and Linux."

Shane: "We're still committed to it, we're not going to let you down."

Nobby: "That's right."

Call me naïve but I happen to believe them. Admittedly, I have a lot of faith in Stainless but it's not just my rose-tinted view of the world - as I said before, if they were going to scrap it I really don't think they'd still be banging on about it. They know that will only make things worse so if they say it's still coming (right up to the most recent livestream just a couple of months ago) then it's reasonable to assume it's still coming, IMHO.

Also Shane (community manager) reiterated two days ago in the IRC chat that Stainless are commited to the Linux/Mac ports.

So hang in there, it'll arrive eventually.

... and carmageddon add-ons at road reaction.

Epitaph's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 03/11/2016 - 15:37

you sound like a cunt. If i was your father i'd call social services to offer you euthanasia or sth.

twisted's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 03/11/2016 - 15:51

shootm3h wrote:

Stick your head out of your ass and search! It's been said many times in the last 5 years...

shootm3h wrote:

i'm telling you how to search for linux in the comments

Maybe we should tell you how to search in the forum too because apparently you don't know where to find answers to your questions. Also, watching the streams like every other interested in the game do would help you find what you want.

Edited by: twisted on Thu, 03/11/2016 - 16:30

shootm3h's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Thu, 03/11/2016 - 17:33

show me.

shootm3h's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Thu, 03/11/2016 - 17:40

maybe it was something to do growing up playing sadistic games like carma.
maybe the polite person who replied to shane in the forums asking for linux update and got ignored.
so why not post like a cunt instead?

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Thu, 03/11/2016 - 17:40

Did you even read what Toshiba-3 posted? It included a link to Nobby talking about how they have someone lined up to work on it back in June this year: https://youtu.be/sU3BP589YIM?list=PLCA9zFfvVxqD6JtgDOdvSqe6lFVaUVpjI&t=318

Pages