You are here

Object draw distance [Fixed - solution inside]

Pages

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 11/11/2017 - 13:44

Thanks Trent, it was something completely unexpected that I came across shortly after getting my environment in-game. Unfortunately for me, the versions of the umbra & Tome settings I've copied over so far all cause horrific culling issues for my level, which is not really surprising given they were not made for it. I will have to try all of the official ones and see which, if any, work best.

EDIT:

Quote:
AW mah LAWD! We need this so much!

Shame that I have no idea what even are umbra configs, what is umbra? What-where am I ? Hello?! MOM?

EDIT*

Also Mike u gonna have to ask Trent or somthin'

Trent beat me to it on the explanation, I know what Umbra does, but I've got absolutely no idea how to make changes to the configurations of it hehe.

Edited by: Mad Mike on Sat, 11/11/2017 - 13:44

One man... Alone... Wrecking opponents in the Automobile he loves
Twitter Manifestation, Mods for Max Damage

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Sat, 11/11/2017 - 22:06

You can't use tomes from other levels, they are potential visibility sets of the geometry in the level and need to match up exactly with the structure of the level. You would think minor changes to a level would cause minor mismatches to the tome and thus only minor rendering issues but even a minor change invalidates the whole thing.

I had tried using a tome from CR in CMD which ended up culling 99% of objects in the scene. You wont get a stock tome to work with your custom level so youre best off optimizing the level's geometry to work without a tome.

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 12/11/2017 - 10:45

Thanks Trent, that's pretty much what I thought was going to be the case.

One man... Alone... Wrecking opponents in the Automobile he loves
Twitter Manifestation, Mods for Max Damage

Pages