You are here

[tutorial] How to use Reincarnation car mods in Max Damage

Pages

Steel_Blueflame's picture
Fluffy Bunny
[tutorial] How to use Reincarnation car mods in Max Damage
#1 Submitted: Sun, 30/10/2016 - 20:15

So i figured out you can copy over your CarMODgeddon folder you have already setup and used in Reincarnation (meaning you used the Minge tool and activated all the cars you want and such) to Max Damage and they will work fine. There seems to be an issue though, you will notice a lot of cars engine sounds don't work. well i have figured that out too!

Stainless has changed the names of some engine sound files in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Carmageddon Max Damage\ZAD\audio_engines.zad
you can open this "zad" file with 7zip or an equivalent program once inside the archive go into "audio\fmod" you will see these files

now that you have that open you'll want to navigate to to archive of the modded car you want to fix the engine sound of in your "carMODgeddon" folder you copied over from Reincarnation and also open that in 7zip. Look for a file called "vehicle_setup.cfg" and drag it out of the archive, this is a text file and you'll need to edit one thing in it and then put it back in the archive.

Now open "vehicle_setup.cfg" in notepad or even better Notepad++ (its what I'm using here) and find the line below.

it won't say "Euro_V8" like mine cause i already changed it.... but it'll say something like "Camaro, Maserati, Jeep, Ferarri, ect....)
you'll need to change these to a name that matches a name of a file in the first image. you'll have to use some common-sense as to what engine sound to use, like if its a big truck use "SUV" or if its a car "Euro_V8" or "sportscar" is a safe bet, any of them will work.
hope this helped until the modding community updates their mods and tools and makes it easier.

"Those who are about to die, we salute you!"

LuckyMike's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Sun, 30/10/2016 - 21:31

What do you know about materials? Why is this happening? What has changed?

Edited by: LuckyMike on Sun, 30/10/2016 - 21:36
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Mon, 31/10/2016 - 00:10

try it in race, i had one car look weird in the car select but looked ok in the race

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Mon, 31/10/2016 - 14:03

UUUUh imma use plow without articulated spoon =D LOL

I wonder in the colored interiour textures can be used too =D

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 31/10/2016 - 14:36

You may want to add this to the original post:

• 'Fearari' in CR = 'Sportscar' in CMD
  • 'Maserati' in CR = 'Euro_V8' in CMD
  • 'Jeep' in CR = 'SUV' in CMD
  • 'Camaro' in CR = 'Drag' in CMD

Unless I'm mistaken, the other 4 engine sound sets from CR have retained the same name (firetruck, Electric_Blue, kart, Siamese_dream). 'project_x' is the only new engine sound set for now.

One man... Alone... Wrecking opponents in the Automobile he loves
Twitter Manifestation, Mods for Max Damage

Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Tue, 01/11/2016 - 14:48

thats why i said use some common sense to figure out the engine sound. and because i didn't go through them all personally. but thanks for the post anyway

Hellicopters's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Tue, 20/12/2016 - 17:25

I just copied my CarMODgeddon folder to Max Damage after having all those mods enabled in Minge. How do I get them to work? I just started the game and no new car appears in my garage whatsoever :/

LuckyMike's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Tue, 20/12/2016 - 19:29

you need to copy *.lua file too. hmm.

folders and files 1

folders and files 2

Edited by: LuckyMike on Tue, 20/12/2016 - 19:43
Hellicopters's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Tue, 20/12/2016 - 22:45

Unfortunately... :( done all that and STILL not appearing. I copied the LUA, the LUA has NO mistakes in it. I think I need to run it in CarMODgeddon mode, how do I start it? Not running it through steam

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Wed, 21/12/2016 - 09:48

If you're not running it through Steam then the simple answer is to actually buy the fucking game instead of pirating it.

Edited by: Trent on Wed, 21/12/2016 - 10:45

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Submitted: Wed, 21/12/2016 - 10:45

Pages

randomness