You are here

[Request] Remove the stun effect/sound effect from Max Damage

Pages

Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 03/11/2016 - 21:47

FatCat wrote:
I dunno, i kinda like the auditory and visual cues for when the opponent is stunned, the CLANK! is satisfying and the little rotating stars are instantly recognizable. It also lasts for long enough to know to turn around and ram them again! It's technically good game design.

My thoughts exactly :)

... and carmageddon add-ons at road reaction.

LuckyMike's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Fri, 04/11/2016 - 22:17

Psyrgery wrote:
I am going to mod that sound away and replace it with This one

Lololol

Nice sounds! )

Edited by: LuckyMike on Fri, 04/11/2016 - 22:30
Helomyname's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Sat, 05/11/2016 - 02:25

I can't stand it either. You have badass cars, badass environments, badass music. I'm heading down to slam into somebody full force, and instead of a badass crash, i get a "comedy" dwang sound?

It happens after every single collision and gets boring really quickly, what hell is it even doing there. If it were an easter egg that happened very rarely, like the reload animations in battlefield games, I would understand.That way its funny when and if it happens. Nothing is less funny than a joke being told over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

Im surprised this even has to be said, and im even more surprised the community here seems so okay with it.

Edited by: Helomyname on Sat, 05/11/2016 - 02:28
Kejnel's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 05/11/2016 - 02:46

Helomyname wrote:
I can't stand it either. You have badass cars, badass environments, badass music. I'm heading down to slam into somebody full force, and instead of a badass crash, i get a "comedy" dwang sound?

It happens after every single collision and gets boring really quickly, what hell is it even doing there. If it were an easter egg that happened very rarely, like the reload animations in battlefield games, I would understand.That way its funny when and if it happens. Nothing is less funny than a joke being told over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

Im surprised this even has to be said, and im even more surprised the community here seems so okay with it.

Erm... do you realise it is an actual game feature, that has impact on gameplay, right? It is not just a visual joke. It stuns opponents...

If you want to report bugs or want to ask for features DO NOT USE FORUM FOR THAT! Instead send it to developers HERE: https://carmageddon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Helomyname's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Sat, 05/11/2016 - 03:26

The collision itself is enough to leave an opponent stunned. The effects are not needed and if anything, they are a downgrade from the other games.

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Sat, 05/11/2016 - 09:17

How is it a "downgrade"? The whole point of the effect is so people are actually aware of the fact an opponent is stunned and can react accordingly. The stars are so you can tell at a quick glance that an opponent is stunned and the sound is so you can tell that you have stunned an opponent even when the impact has knocked it out of view.

I really don't get the complaints about it being a "comedy" effect given the fact comedy has always been a big part of the games... Hell the most demanded C1 feature people want added to the game is the Pratcam and that was entirely a "comedy effect", it has no other purpose than comedy, complete with cartoon style eyes popping out of Max & Die's head. Carmageddon is undeniably a comedy game.

Tonrac's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 05/11/2016 - 09:57

Totally agree with trent ... and like this effect.

Edited by: Tonrac on Sat, 05/11/2016 - 10:00
Leatherface 74's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sat, 05/11/2016 - 09:58

Trent wrote:
How is it a "downgrade"? The whole point of the effect is so people are actually aware of the fact an opponent is stunned and can react accordingly. The stars are so you can tell at a quick glance that an opponent is stunned and the sound is so you can tell that you have stunned an opponent even when the impact has knocked it out of view.

I really don't get the complaints about it being a "comedy" effect given the fact comedy has always been a big part of the games... Hell the most demanded C1 feature people want added to the game is the Pratcam and that was entirely a "comedy effect", it has no other purpose than comedy, complete with cartoon style eyes popping out of Max & Die's head. Carmageddon is undeniably a comedy game.

Well said .

Now if only governments would think like that, specifically back in the day .

Edited by: Leatherface 74 on Sat, 05/11/2016 - 15:50
CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Sat, 05/11/2016 - 11:03

Hah i hated this effect... IMO leaving opponents stunned with visual communication where CAR STOPPED DRIVING for a while, like in carmageddon 2 would be enough. But hey I'm not the developer. I guess it was attempt (successful) to communicate even to the dumbest of the dumb, that car is stunned. And that's how games today are -> made for dumbest of the dumb. You can see that on the outline that power up barrels picked up as if BRIGHT ORANGE AND RED was not visible enough.

Shining overlays on objects,outlines, blinking items, arrows telling you "hey retard over here!" invisible walls etc. I am huge enemy of such methods. Unfortunately it is standard. I don't think stainless or any other company has really much choice in that. People would whine that their little goldfish brains don't understand what is happening on the screen and thus would hate the product.

So I say what I say always to this. WE NEED OPTIONS! Let people who don't need visual handholding clutter vomited all over their games to TURN THAT OFF. I expected Stainless to be kinda rebels and would not confirm to today's trends in that regard, but that would only hurt their profits and we as fans need them to earn lots of money if we wanna see Carmageddon live.

I'm just getting too old for this shit.. soon all games gonna turn into superfast Tron like lsd trip where even the ground will have blinking fucking overly just so even dumbest people that somehow still have income to dish out, don't get lost in that straight corridor.

LuckyMike's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Sat, 05/11/2016 - 15:38

May you just find this "very hated files"?

1. AI_Stunned_Start.mp3
2. AI_Stunned_Loop_1.wav
3. AI_Stunned_Loop_2.wav
4. AI_Stunned_Loop_3.wav
5. AI_Stunned_Loop_4.wav
6. AI_Stunned_End.mp3

8-)

Edited by: LuckyMike on Sat, 05/11/2016 - 16:07

Pages