You are here

[Request] Remove the stun effect/sound effect from Max Damage

Pages

MemoryKill's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
[Request] Remove the stun effect/sound effect from Max Damage
#1 Submitted: Sun, 30/10/2016 - 17:15

Would it be possible to mod this out? I find it a bit over the top at times smashing into cars only to have this stun effect and dizzy stars come into play...i am fine with it from a gameplay POV (an actual, small pause in the AI) but not from the dizzy stars or from that sound effect.

I'd greatly appreciate it if that could somehow be removed from the main game so i can still play career mode without this effect, or a toggle off, either or :).

Edited by: MemoryKill on 31/10/2016 - 10:49
Steel_Blueflame's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sun, 30/10/2016 - 19:46

i don't really see it as an issue at all. it doesn't affect anything and Carmageddon is all about being silly and ridiculous. i wouldn't hold your breath on this getting removed or modded out as mods can only be used in "CarMODgeddon mode" and if you touch the games files outside of the MOD folder it will lock you out of career mode and turn off saving of any kind in the normal game. plus this effect dose serve a purpose as it dose let you know if you have hit an opponent hard enough to stun them and the stars let you know the duration of the stun.

Edited by: Steel_Blueflame on Sun, 30/10/2016 - 19:47

"Those who are about to die, we salute you!"

MemoryKill's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 30/10/2016 - 21:01

Steel_Blueflame wrote:
i don't really see it as an issue at all. it doesn't affect anything and Carmageddon is all about being silly and ridiculous. i wouldn't hold your breath on this getting removed or modded out as mods can only be used in "CarMODgeddon mode" and if you touch the games files outside of the MOD folder it will lock you out of career mode and turn off saving of any kind in the normal game. plus this effect dose serve a purpose as it dose let you know if you have hit an opponent hard enough to stun them and the stars let you know the duration of the stun.

Meh. No other game had this though, when you stunned an opponent in previous games it just has the bar that said "stunned", or in C2, you could tell this was happening when the car didn't move for a bit...I don't think it needs a really loud (in my game anyway, sounds are all over the place with volumes) and obnoxious easy mode effect to be added, hell, it's bad enough you get to respawn after being wasted. What happened to this "Hardcore" mode they mentioned months ago? I'd take that, no visual stun effects, no respawns from wasted and no "flappy flappy" to self right upside down cars etc...i'd dig that.

As a compromise...i can settle for no sound effect and just the stars? That would be fine.

At your other point, i find that ridiculous still. We have 3 saves slots...why can 1 save slot not act as the modded save? What are they afraid of? Cheaters on leaderboards? Who really cares about leaderboards when we could have the talented stuff modders create inserted into the career mode like every other carmageddon game allowed...it's easy just to disable MP/Leaderboards when mods are being used, I reall have no idea why they have such a harsh limitation with it, i'd love to play the career with modded levels, powerups and vehicles it would be sick. I hope modders find a way to do this in time as being stuck with freeplay is a bit naff IMO.

Edited by: MemoryKill on Sun, 30/10/2016 - 21:02
LuckyMike's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Sun, 30/10/2016 - 21:07

You can use your own music and sounds, and you can remove it without carmodgeddon (career not locking).

But I'm not going to do that. :-)
I tried to remove the sounds of dancing peds, The sound is gone, but the pause in the music still remained.

I think to completely remove these sounds, is need to edit some scripts of game. But this cannot be done without locking career mode.

Edited by: LuckyMike on Sun, 30/10/2016 - 21:17
starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Sun, 30/10/2016 - 23:58

Steam cares about leaderboards cause its their service. Otherwise wait for the DRM release you may get it there.

There was no Steam service back then in Carma1 and Carma2 that I can recall.

Why is it that when you are a child at the dinner table you can get punished asking for someone to please pass you the fork and knife ?

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Wed, 02/11/2016 - 10:26

hahah I didn't like the effect either...

*POOOOOWWW* and stars flying above the cab...

I dislike the effect my self. it is too cartoonish. There are other silly things in the game so ... I guess we just have to get used to carmageddon getting more and more silly even tho lots of people would prefer perhaps darker, grimmer take =D

And in a sense I think it might have alienated some of potencial customers too =/ BUt more realistic takes beg for visual and mechanical explanations for things like ped tosser, or anvil launcher. And we dont want another twisted metal or crashday either.

The audience had grown up and with them even their taste and perhaps the nihilism aswell =D

But hey the direction is what it is and sometimes we need to roll with the punches...

Edited by: CzechDeath on Wed, 02/11/2016 - 10:40

Fuelinjectedsuicidemachine's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Wed, 02/11/2016 - 13:35

CzechDeath wrote:

I dislike the effect my self. it is too cartoonish. There are other silly things in the game so ... I guess we just have to get used to carmageddon getting more and more silly even tho lots of people would prefer perhaps darker, grimmer take =D

And in a sense I think it might have alienated some of potencial customers too =/ BUt more realistic takes beg for visual and mechanical explanations for things like ped tosser, or anvil launcher. And we dont want another twisted metal or crashday either.

The audience had grown up and with them even their taste and perhaps the nihilism aswell =D

But hey the direction is what it is and sometimes we need to roll with the punches...

It's obvious Stainless went more for a "lulzy" and humourous direction this time. IMO the sound effects and the brighter blood do fit the more cartoonish design of C: MD. C1 was more like a dark, gritty comic in mood. I don't really bother, as long as the core Carmageddon features are there and I'd say they did a great job on C: MD. It's as good as C1 and C2 and even exceeding them in some regards. The damage model is fantastic! Only thing missing is more meaty collisions like in C2. But it's not as bad as it was in C: R, they definately improved on that aspect, so cars do feel more weighty.

For me personally, I'd prefer cars to buy with credits, but that's a matter of taste. In the long term run it doesn't matter anyway, since I guess most people will play Freeplay and Multiplayer in the future.

Psyrgery's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 02/11/2016 - 13:38

I am going to mod that sound away and replace it with This one

Lololol

Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil

Kejnel's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 02/11/2016 - 21:55

Fuelinjectedsuicidemachine wrote:
CzechDeath wrote:

It's obvious Stainless went more for a "lulzy" and humourous direction this time. IMO the sound effects and the brighter blood do fit the more cartoonish design of C: MD. C1 was more like a dark, gritty comic in mood. I don't really bother, as long as the core Carmageddon features are there and I'd say they did a great job on C: MD. It's as good as C1 and C2 and even exceeding them in some regards. The damage model is fantastic! Only thing missing is more meaty collisions like in C2. But it's not as bad as it was in C: R, they definately improved on that aspect, so cars do feel more weighty.

For me personally, I'd prefer cars to buy with credits, but that's a matter of taste. In the long term run it doesn't matter anyway, since I guess most people will play Freeplay and Multiplayer in the future.

C2 and meaty collisions? Haven't noticed. C1, on the other hand, had massive collisions.

If you want to report bugs or want to ask for features DO NOT USE FORUM FOR THAT! Instead send it to developers HERE: https://carmageddon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Fuelinjectedsuicidemachine's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Wed, 02/11/2016 - 23:14

Kejnel wrote:
C2 and meaty collisions? Haven't noticed. C1, on the other hand, had massive collisions.

Pretty sure it's the same. You may feel like it, because the cars in C1 felt more sturdy. But the way the cars behave during and after collisions was spot on in C2 (C1 too). Almost like in those car crash video compilations on Youtube.

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Thu, 03/11/2016 - 20:32

I dunno, i kinda like the auditory and visual cues for when the opponent is stunned, the CLANK! is satisfying and the little rotating stars are instantly recognizable. It also lasts for long enough to know to turn around and ram them again! It's technically good game design.

Edited by: FatCat on Thu, 03/11/2016 - 20:33

Pages

randomness