You are here

First Car in "History"

Pages

starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
First Car in "History"
#1 Submitted: Wed, 14/09/2016 - 20:16

This is my very first car I ever made for Carmageddon.

Only problem is the Hubs wobble, and the wheels dont seem to spin.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AN8b1QWn6IwDrXA . The files are CR ready just place them in the proper directory. No Minge needed.

I am trying to get the wheels to stay solid like in the cartoon but the car doesnt turn then.

Any updated versions will be posted in this main post.

Since this is a very basic car you CAN do anything you want with this car including mod it without my permission. Hopefully it will give you ideas on how to do the most basic car.

MANY Thanks to Mad Mike for lending me a hand and fixing the first version of this car, and for making the tutorials. Also a big Thanks to Trent for putting up with my questions and making the tools to make car modding so simple. Thanks to FatCat for lending his wheels.

Any suggestions can be posted below but no promises on getting them done. Just this basic car took me a month.

And YES I know that wood doesnt crumple like metal does :P Updates may come soon if I figure them out, like when the game crashes when you get slammed !

Edited by: starbuck on 14/09/2016 - 20:20

Why is it that when you are a child at the dinner table you can get punished asking for someone to please pass you the fork and knife ?

LuckyMike's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Wed, 14/09/2016 - 20:38

Finally the stone car is ready! Congratulations!

Edited by: LuckyMike on Wed, 14/09/2016 - 21:09
starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Wed, 14/09/2016 - 20:45

LuckyMike wrote:
Finally the stone car is ready! Congratulations!

Thanks !

I SHOULD have had it ready the day after you find out about it. But then I got stuck in stupid repetitive loops. Now I am learning how to attach parts with vertex colors and that could take another month. Or never since new games are coming out in the next two months.

Edited by: starbuck on Wed, 14/09/2016 - 20:46

Why is it that when you are a child at the dinner table you can get punished asking for someone to please pass you the fork and knife ?

lemonrev's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 14/09/2016 - 21:22

Starbuck, Con grats for getting the Flintstones car in game :), i think its funny to even have the dang thing in there but wobble wheels sounds just like what they should be lol.

All part of the learning process, Good work :).

starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Wed, 14/09/2016 - 23:48

lemonrev wrote:
Starbuck, Con grats for getting the Flintstones car in game :), i think its funny to even have the dang thing in there but wobble wheels sounds just like what they should be lol.

All part of the learning process, Good work :).

Thanks. What do you expect? They were made with pre-historic tools :P

I was planning on making Barneys car next, and was hoping someone else could make a whole fleet of Flintstone cars. I thought it be cool to have teams of those in the game. And hopefully they could be more "realistic" (wood based bodies, stone wheels, etc)

As well as hoping one day I could make Fred as the driver, thats why I am allowing anyone to mod it or take ideas off of it.

It was either this or beg Errol to remake his C2 SouthParkageddon map.

Edited by: starbuck on Wed, 14/09/2016 - 23:50

lemonrev's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 15/09/2016 - 04:47

well maps are a different ball game i think, but then again i cant use those programs to save me lol, but the whole fleet i think having 2 variants of those flint stone cars would rock in game, I also wonder if you can get like a stone rolling sound to go with the wheels lol.

If people can make maps and make it easy i think everyone would jump on that.

But either way, i like your idea and the car you have made already looks sweet, so yea happy stuff yea :)

LuckyMike's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Thu, 15/09/2016 - 10:03

Looks great.

Edited by: LuckyMike on Thu, 15/09/2016 - 10:10
starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Thu, 15/09/2016 - 15:15

I was thinking of getting the "engine" sound and mixing it with rock grating type sounds to make it sound like the cartoon only more "realistic". that is going to take some time.

I also was thinking of making the rock texture on the wheels appear to make them "unround" since they rotate the textures on the tires when they spin.

LuckyMike, where did you find the driver models , etc ?

Edited by: starbuck on Thu, 15/09/2016 - 15:16

LuckyMike's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Fri, 16/09/2016 - 12:30

What you mean ''where did i find driver model?''

Edited by: LuckyMike on Fri, 16/09/2016 - 12:31
starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Fri, 16/09/2016 - 14:55

LuckyMike wrote:
What you mean ''where did i find driver model?''

Where did the driver model come from and how did you add it .

LuckyMike's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Fri, 16/09/2016 - 16:57

Your car model has a standard driver model.

Edited by: LuckyMike on Fri, 16/09/2016 - 16:57

Pages