You are here

Will C:MD for PC have Steam Workshop support?

Pages

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Posts: 2642
Will C:MD for PC have Steam Workshop support?
#1 Submitted: Thu, 28/07/2016 - 13:36

Goodness gracious, After playing Spintires with the workshop, i subscribed to probably nearly 50 mods, all of them were downloaded thru steam and they just WORK. That's so incredible, no need for complex instruction and installers to be downloaded from other websites. Spintires already has over 600 vehicle mods despite the workshop not having been built in until an entire year after it was released.

Stainless, please invest a little time in workshop support for C:MD, i beg of you guys, it makes getting mods such an easy and simple task for the end user.

STShotgun's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Twitch Champ
Posts: 109
Submitted: Thu, 28/07/2016 - 14:06

Agreed, though I think Workshop support was always on their tasklist, they just need the time to sort it out. If it's not there at launch then it'll definitely come post-launch.

Also Workshop support would make setting up modded multiplayer nights a hell of a lot easier (Fr0nt will rejoice), especially if Stainless updates CarMODgeddon to let people with a different amount of mods join MP games as well.

And you never know, maybe the C:MD Workshop will advertise modding for the game and we'll see more modders come in!

Edited by: STShotgun on Thu, 28/07/2016 - 14:08

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of ass."

C:R & C:MD Compilation - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7FrYLN6Bfg
Modding thread: http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/29467

starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Posts: 1409
Submitted: Thu, 28/07/2016 - 14:14

A little off topic.

Spintires looks cool. What is your opinion of the regular game ? I would buy it if the following questions are answered.

Never used Steam Workshop, is using it legal according to Steam ? Or do you have to block the offline portion ?

How many mods are available for ST and would it be worthwhile to buy the disc version instead ?

As for the SW itself does it cost to download the mods ?

Thanks.

Why is it that when you are a child at the dinner table you can get punished asking for someone to please pass you the fork and knife ?

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Posts: 2642
Submitted: Thu, 28/07/2016 - 14:52

Steam workshop is completely free and is built into Steam itself officially, which is free as well, i like Spintires a bunch, it's a fun time waster and the mods sure are interesting and pretty well built for the most part, really nice stuff! The game itself easily reaches at 60fps at 1080p all maxed out on my gtx 760 + fx-8350 and its never crashed once, even with all the mods installed.

starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Posts: 1409
Submitted: Thu, 28/07/2016 - 15:05

Well you just made a sale. I saw a video of them loading trees and hitting trees that bent.

I was just wondering about the Worshop since it looked like a script.

Downloading it now. Thanks.

Why is it that when you are a child at the dinner table you can get punished asking for someone to please pass you the fork and knife ?

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Posts: 2642
Submitted: Thu, 28/07/2016 - 15:20

starbuck wrote:
Well you just made a sale. I saw a video of them loading trees and hitting trees that bent.

I was just wondering about the Worshop since it looked like a script.

Downloading it now. Thanks.

I hope you like it, it's very pretty =D

starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Posts: 1409
Submitted: Thu, 28/07/2016 - 15:27

FatCat wrote:
starbuck wrote:
Well you just made a sale. I saw a video of them loading trees and hitting trees that bent.

I was just wondering about the Worshop since it looked like a script.

Downloading it now. Thanks.

I hope you like it, it's very pretty =D

Sorry again for the off topic post. Where is the Steam Workshop ? I cant find it on the Steam Client nor a page to "download" it. I would offer opinions but I cant even see it :P

PS just ran thru the little "puddle" and crashed my vehicle on purpose :)

Edited by: starbuck on Thu, 28/07/2016 - 15:35

Why is it that when you are a child at the dinner table you can get punished asking for someone to please pass you the fork and knife ?

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Posts: 2642
Submitted: Thu, 28/07/2016 - 15:49

starbuck wrote:
FatCat wrote:
starbuck wrote:
Well you just made a sale. I saw a video of them loading trees and hitting trees that bent.

I was just wondering about the Worshop since it looked like a script.

Downloading it now. Thanks.

I hope you like it, it's very pretty =D

Sorry again for the off topic post. Where is the Steam Workshop ? I cant find it on the Steam Client nor a page to "download" it. I would offer opinions but I cant even see it :P

PS just ran thru the little "puddle" and crashed my vehicle on purpose :)

http://steamcommunity.com/app/263280/workshop/

Or you can go to it from within Steam's Spintires store page, click the Community Hub button and then the Workshop tab, either way goes to the same place. And to install a mod, it's super easy, you click "Subscribe" and steam will automatically download and install the mod, Voila!

Edited by: FatCat on Thu, 28/07/2016 - 15:51
starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Posts: 1409
Submitted: Thu, 28/07/2016 - 16:08

FatCat wrote:
starbuck wrote:
FatCat wrote:
starbuck wrote:
Well you just made a sale. I saw a video of them loading trees and hitting trees that bent.

I was just wondering about the Worshop since it looked like a script.

Downloading it now. Thanks.

I hope you like it, it's very pretty =D

Sorry again for the off topic post. Where is the Steam Workshop ? I cant find it on the Steam Client nor a page to "download" it. I would offer opinions but I cant even see it :P

PS just ran thru the little "puddle" and crashed my vehicle on purpose :)

http://steamcommunity.com/app/263280/workshop/

Or you can go to it from within Steam's Spintires store page, click the Community Hub button and then the Workshop tab, either way goes to the same place. And to install a mod, it's super easy, you click "Subscribe" and steam will automatically download and install the mod, Voila!

I found it. I bought Trainz before and that was listed but not this one yet.

After testing it that would be a great idea to have Workshop capabilities. But I feel that just not enough people are modding. I myself was going to make a race track setup only (like GTA5 races that just came out) but life keeps getting in the way.

The Workshop can definitely spread the word more and possibly turn people onto the game, just like the modding capabilities with ST did for me and made the sale. Only reason I bought it for PC was for the mods. Just like buying GTA5 for the PC was my choice because of playing the mods, even though I own that on 2 consoles. Why I bought Trainz A New Era, etc.

Edited by: starbuck on Thu, 28/07/2016 - 16:09

Why is it that when you are a child at the dinner table you can get punished asking for someone to please pass you the fork and knife ?

KilltheGod's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Posts: 41
Submitted: Thu, 28/07/2016 - 16:19

starbuck wrote:
After testing it that would be a great idea to have Workshop capabilities. But I feel that just not enough people are modding. I myself was going to make a race track setup only (like GTA5 races that just came out) but life keeps getting in the way.

The Workshop can definitely spread the word more and possibly turn people onto the game, just like the modding capabilities with ST did for me and made the sale. Only reason I bought it for PC was for the mods. Just like buying GTA5 for the PC was my choice because of playing the mods, even though I own that on 2 consoles. Why I bought Trainz A New Era, etc.

There is already enough top quality mods for Workshop to be worthwhile. And as you say it would only encourage new modders and players to get into the game.

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Posts: 2642
Submitted: Thu, 28/07/2016 - 17:48

KilltheGod wrote:
starbuck wrote:
After testing it that would be a great idea to have Workshop capabilities. But I feel that just not enough people are modding. I myself was going to make a race track setup only (like GTA5 races that just came out) but life keeps getting in the way.

The Workshop can definitely spread the word more and possibly turn people onto the game, just like the modding capabilities with ST did for me and made the sale. Only reason I bought it for PC was for the mods. Just like buying GTA5 for the PC was my choice because of playing the mods, even though I own that on 2 consoles. Why I bought Trainz A New Era, etc.

There is already enough top quality mods for Workshop to be worthwhile. And as you say it would only encourage new modders and players to get into the game.

Definitively, and i'd put all my mods onto the workshop immediately! And because of the automatic updates, people could get the recent stable releases and no MP mismatches!

Edited by: FatCat on Thu, 28/07/2016 - 17:55

Pages