date of the DRM-Free Linux version.
We are really getting upset, now!

WTF???

AnthonyF's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 28/10/2016 - 09:57

Privata wrote:
If you got the port now it would be carmageddon reincarnation , would you not rather have carmageddon max damage instead?

Where is your faith now ?
None were delivered. And it seems they won't ever be.

Linux, macOS and DRM-Free, no answer from the team. Nothing.
Read the comments on the Kickstarter post. Nothing. Not a single word about them. No footage were ever shown from Linux and macOS.

Giving up. Won't trust them in the future.
Hope they like my pledge though.

Edited by: AnthonyF on Fri, 28/10/2016 - 10:00
gcclinux's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Fri, 17/02/2017 - 14:09

Is carmageddon ever coming to Linux? I would love to play it again as I played the decades ago and loved it game then but I am a Linux users now so no more windowz for me.

guises's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 17/02/2017 - 21:38

gcclinux wrote:
Is carmageddon ever coming to Linux? I would love to play it again as I played the decades ago and loved it game then but I am a Linux users now so no more windowz for me.

If you're just looking to play the first one, the one you played decades ago, that runs fine in WINE. Just get the GOG version and use Playonlinux. The one we're talking about in this thread is the new one, which I and others gave money to on the promise of a DRM-free Linux version. Something which has never materialized.

BodyHammer's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 21/02/2017 - 20:00

I've sent this message to shane 2 weeks ago. As I didn't get a reply yet I'm posting it here.
To anyone at Stainless Games:

Quote:
It's been a while (May 2012) since I pledged 200 USD for the Kickstarter campaign.
I understand plans change and I feel we can adapt to this change.

I don't have a Windows machine nor Mac. In the meantime I got a PlayStation 4 though.
As I feel the Linux version (my platform of choice) is very unlikely to happen at this point I would like to propose the following option:

- I renounce my physical rewards in exchange of a digital copy of Carmageddon: Max Damage for PlayStation 4.

I think this is a win/win situation for both parties involved:

- For you: no costs for producing the physical rewards and no shipping costs
- For me: a new Carmageddon game I can play right away

Please let me know how you feel about this.

RussianNeuroMancer's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 07/05/2017 - 03:46

On January 20 I created support ticket about refund (number 5597) because, you know, it's been four years and communication level on issue is near to non-existent. No answer.
On January 29 I drop PM message to Community Manager shane on this forum. Guess what? No answer too.

So I assume Linux backers pretty much defrauded. I will be happy if any one of you proof me wrong and get any answer from Stainless about refund.

ix's picture
ix
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 15/05/2017 - 15:39

11th May 2012. Almost 5 years to the day since I backed the kickstarter that promised linux support. I've still yet to be able to play the game. Honestly I would like a refund at this point because it's clearly never going to happen.

edit: At minimum you could make it work in DX9 or vulcan so we can play it under WINE. Or is your plan just to wait until WINE supports DX11 and then claim the game works on linux?

Edited by: ix on Mon, 15/05/2017 - 15:59
RussianNeuroMancer's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 20/05/2017 - 09:26

ix wrote:
I've still yet to be able to play the game. Honestly I would like a refund at this point because it's clearly never going to happen.

They ignore refund requests.

argan's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 02/08/2017 - 14:46

Does reporting it to KS do anything, then?

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Thu, 03/08/2017 - 09:35

Arent they waiting for physical release of the game? Getting publisher or somebody who can poop out the DVDs? Maybe then the linux and DRM free copies will be a reality?

I personally would love to see some massiva patch before that, because going ahead and releasing it as is, would not be very nice (bugs)

Pages