You are here

Still waiting (Linux)

Pages

guises's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Still waiting (Linux)
#1 Submitted: Thu, 28/07/2016 - 03:29

I've heard that the Windows version was buggy, and that makes me sad, and I've read the explanation for why the other versions haven't been released yet (ya'll want to polish it first). I would love a perfect, bug-free, Carmageddon Reincarnation, but more than that I would like _any_ Carmageddon Reincarnation. Come on now, the Windows users have been able to play it, even with bugs, for more than a year. You could at least give the rest of us the crap version and let us try it out, and when you do iron out the bugs we'll be delighted for the update.

I feel like I've been patient on this. I've been waiting for new Carmageddon for almost 16 years and TDR, for all its faults, at least managed to exist.

dyrvere's picture
Fluffy Bunny
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Sat, 30/07/2016 - 22:24

Hey Stainless ya' no neck having, pee guzzlin', ankle suckin' bug-ugly bastich derangeo Fragwit morons. How about puttin' a Looniks customer at ease before I smear your butts all over the next crosswalk?!
No effort towards us huh? Well my foot always was too light, sorry orfficer, mah brakes don't work. Hehehe.

Waited far too long now. Hear?

Find some meat!

ToreadorVampire's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 03/08/2016 - 21:48

Yep, also still waiting here. C:MD console version is out, so I'd hope that development effort is now squarely focused on Mac/Linux/Windows versions.

Still haven't been able to play the game I kickstarted years ago. To me it's still effectively vaporware - to date nothing has been released for my chosen platform, despite it being a pledge during the KS campaign.

Nobody suspects a Toreador …

fifteentypesofgoat's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 08/08/2016 - 17:50

Here's the video from the update where they passed $600k.
Posted Jun 6, 2012 - that's over four years ago now.

"We're gonna do all the stuff we talked about as the stretch goals. Yes, we're gonna do it all. And we will do it as fast as we can, and most of this stuff is all gonna happen because of you, because of our kickstarter fans."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U14d6s9bWoo

bluntelk's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 09/08/2016 - 14:49

I would be nice to get an update...

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Thu, 11/08/2016 - 12:22

... Keep waiting =D

ix's picture
ix
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 13/08/2016 - 15:05

Same :( Backed the kickstarter and haven't been able to play the game. At this rate WINE will support DX11 and let us play before stainless actually give us any info.

AnthonyF's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 15/08/2016 - 11:54
Tonrac's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 15/08/2016 - 16:37

It's just a joke, don't take that seriously ... They said on a twitch (july) that the studio still commited into mac and Linux version. Btw the game (Max Damage) is not available yet on windows.

AnthonyF's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 16/08/2016 - 19:28

Not really sure. One time is a joke. Beyond..

Let us say it's a joke, I don't think making fun of "some backers" (it was not address directly to a backer but some follows probably Gaming of Linux account) that are waiting for what they paid is the best answer to give when ask about it.
Till it appears on my library I won't believe words on a stream when a statement should had been done since February (from what I heard and read on Twitter from his tweets).

Privata's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Wed, 17/08/2016 - 12:17

AnthonyF wrote:
Not really sure. One time is a joke. Beyond..

Let us say it's a joke, I don't think making fun of "some backers" (it was not address directly to a backer but some follows probably Gaming of Linux account) that are waiting for what they paid is the best answer to give when ask about it.
Till it appears on my library I won't believe words on a stream when a statement should had been done since February (from what I heard and read on Twitter from his tweets).

If you got the port now it would be carmageddon reincarnation , would you not rather have carmageddon max damage instead?

Pages