You are here

The mysteries of Carma forum NICKs!

Pages

Fr0nt's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Twitch ChampKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 21/07/2016 - 14:37

Well somehow when we needed to team up in groups or pairs in school. There was Always a couple who called themself the dreamteam. Me and a friend saw some article in some magazine about some crazy army dudes fighting in the snow, a snow batallion. So whenever we teamed up, we were the snow battalion.

When going out, on the scooter, in the fucking winter to get weed, it would be snow batallion on tour. etc etc. We even ripped mp3's back in the day, and made it look like a scene release by tagging it with -SB0 (Snow Batalli0n) etc etc So that name still lives on.

but ofcourse on the interwebz we needed induvidial nicks, so my friend came up with Commander, or something like that. And since at that age everything sucked and we figured when in war you die first as cannon fodder, or on the frontline...Frontliner it became.

But then after hanging around on various boards using Frontliner, there was some Hardtyle DJ, who was on the point of breaking through, and he leaked his own tracks he just signed to a major label at the time, needed a new artist name. And the shithead took Frontliner. And well since he is more famous then i will ever be, and i hate it when people think i got it from him. I made it shorter and went with Fr0nt after that.

Doctor Fraggington's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Thu, 21/07/2016 - 18:42

I thought "Dr. Frag" might be the most obnoxious username to see in a first person shooter, and indeed when my friend saw that on my Perfect Dark profile he groaned and rolled his eyes. Bonus points on me for using the biochemist's head on Mr. Blonde's body. I was highly visible but I didn't care.

To make it obnoxious outside of shooter games, I tried drawing it out as far as the given forum's character limit would allow. By now I'm up to "Dr. Phileas T. Fraggington III, Esq Jr." There's a reference to Phileas Fogg and Philo Farnsworth in there somewhere.

Sometimes the character limit is too restrictive or I feel lazy, so I just go with some variation of "Doctor Fraggington". If the character limit is especially opressive, I go with "Tiny CharLi" or "Tiny CharLimi", as recently as my goddamn Overwatch username WHICH I CAN'T EVEN CHANGE FUCK YOU BLIZZARD

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Thu, 21/07/2016 - 19:17

Mad Mike wrote:
I originally thought that your nickname had something to do with the band Terence Trent D'Arby.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if that was what gave him the idea in the first place!

Tonrac's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 21/07/2016 - 19:23

Mine is boring ... i was searching a name for a barbarian in a role playing game ... and i do an anagram with my real name ... Tonrac the Barbarian ...
That's all folks

Legomeaker101's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Thu, 21/07/2016 - 19:37

I liked making legos so i wanted my username to be legomaker, but that name was taken in most places so i tried legomaker101 (because i saw 101 as an emergency number) but that was taken as well, so i added an e in the middle :)

if cars aren't meant to crash why do they have air bags?

flykas's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Thu, 21/07/2016 - 19:54

Name 'flykas" at first was a name of imaginary character from a stories or jokes we would make up with my best friend many years ago, and later I think I started using it as mIRC nickname and some time after that it also became my rap name and my nickname in reallife. So even now some people still don't know my real name and know me as flykas:]

Privata's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Thu, 21/07/2016 - 21:20

I was doing my first draft of some fiction I was working on. I needed a name of a race/faction and came up with Privata.
I did not use that name in the end.

A few years down the line I had to pick a username for a site and I used Privata because I felt it was a shame not to use it.

Funny thing is , I dont even know if I like the name...
Sometimes , mostly when I was working with beyond skyrim I kept getting called ''Private'' (not on purpose its my own damn fault for picking a silly name)

And sometimes (on the nexus) I go by C0331 and I wish I could change it because that was stupid of me.

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Thu, 21/07/2016 - 21:45

haha amazing origins people =D!

I don't think "boring" would apply here it might be boring for the nick owner, but trust me, different nick -> different story and that's always interesting for me =D

Trent Heh much Zen or rather the daoist way friend:"u look like Trent" Trent:"OK..." and so it was =D

YautjaLord - I had no idea about the predator races %D ... and that while there is still predator antomology comic book O_O I only went tru alien and terminator ones =D hah.

Yep Mad Mike sure hints to Mad Max and it is rather fitting for carmageddon fan!

STShotgunBastard I thought you are like holy man Saint Shotgun Bastard =D never seen that sitcom you linked, looks like UK classic tho =D

Fr0nt such war story =D HAH but I feel ya man, when you google CzechDeath today you will find some massive Czech Deathmetal hub ... so even I look like unoriginal twat.

DrFragg try contact blizzard chat support. I had luck with Origin account when I forgot that Origin was same as EA account back from days when I played Crysis, so CzechDeath was "taken" I had to use SteamCzechDeath, than I realsied what's up contacted chat support and BAM miracle happened. Anyways dr.Frag as unkillable dominating Quaker surely made someplayers to throw their keyboard thru their monitor I imagine =D.I even have feeling that I've met Dr.Frag on HLDM back in the days maybe it was you =D

Tonrac the Barbarian that reminds me Fallout's Gronag the barbarian and that's pretty awesome -> complimented by picture of mr.Oyzo hah priceless!

LegoEmaker I loved legos too. Kind sounds like maker of lego universes! LIKE A GOD!

Flykas wow you are a rapper? %D

Privata the name of fiction race? amazinig!

Great stories ! ´=D fun to read all of them!

flykas's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Fri, 22/07/2016 - 08:07

CzechDeath wrote:
haha amazing origins people =D!

Flykas wow you are a rapper? %D

Great stories ! ´=D fun to read all of them!

Well, yeah I released few tracks with my cousin and participated in few shows back in the day, but now I mainly just create music and sometimes rap for my own enjoyment:]

You can check out some of the stuff here https://soundcloud.com/faslyk

YautjaLord's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 22/07/2016 - 08:41

CzechDeath wrote:

YautjaLord - I had no idea about the predator races %D ... and that while there is still predator antomology comic book O_O I only went tru alien and terminator ones =D hah.

Aliens vs Predator vs Terminator? How many issues? Tonns of this stuff, i mainly hang around AvP forums & fan sites, though i had one issue of AvP comic back in a day. One guy made fan film that involved Batman (!), Joker (!!!!!!!), Aliens & Predators in it. Check it out Czech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j7d3lIAkes

Pages

randomness