You are here

Carmageddon 2 Remake Premise (Now with ART!)

Pages

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Carmageddon 2 Remake Premise (Now with ART!)
#1 Submitted: Wed, 20/07/2016 - 20:26

Here's an idea that will dazzle both audiences and fans alike!

Magnuchem engineers a time-travelling device to go back to 1998, it malfunctions and breaks dimensions, permanently putting 2 of each Carmageddon 2 opponent's designs in one spot at the same time, combining them sleekly into one (E.G.: Hawk 3 + Lamb'o'Genie, Hellrod + Loggerhead, Eagle3 + DC Codbra, Etc!), the combinations will put an interesting spin on each classic and give Stainless lots of creative liberties for designing them! The level's designs will be a little scrambled, not to an unnatural extent, but different enough to be hard to recognize, that could also enable stainless to weave interesting new spots to classic environments from c2.

Essentially, it's a remake just the same as C:MD, except will a license to combine cars and give levels some novel and exciting new looks.

Edited by: FatCat on 21/07/2016 - 22:46
Privata's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Thu, 21/07/2016 - 01:00

That would be very intresting.

But I dont see stainless as having many limitations on the carmageddon universe , as its light on fiction/lore.

I mean I remeber the MagnaChem environmental disaster level from CSP that was very crazy (and something I would love to see done in a new carma game)

I actualy do want a bit of lore for carmageddon (dont kill me) I dont want justifications for the events of the game but rather some details on life in the carma universe.
Its been hinted at that carma is on TV , so I would love to see camera crews and hords of fans (we can run over)

Maybe carmageddon II could be prequel and the races are legal , however the police are after max damage after he blew up that nuke
Thus in carma 2 the police are after him same in CR and CMD.

And there was a war so big it was called THE war and Magnuchem were the victors in it but they only won by mistake because they are shit at everything.

But yeah , alt dimentions could be very funny if they go all out. maybe a DLC with crazy alt cars and levels from crazy worlds that make no sens.

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Thu, 21/07/2016 - 01:32

I believe that story lore shouldnt limit a game series, it should put an interesting twist on it!

Like when Kirby's planet was invaded by a space ship that turned his whole world all electronic and gave him a cool mech for one game.

Or When Bowser stole Peach's entire castle and brought it into outer space, making Mario Galaxy happen!

I could design & draw a few alt. reality C2 cars and post them here as a proof of concept on how cool it would be to have a dimensionally warped world in the carma universe!

Hey community, give me c2 car combinations and i'll pick 2 to draw and a the third one will be modelled in 3D!

All you gotta do is suggest two c2 cars, and i will combine them stylistically, it can be absolutely any of them!
http://wiki.carmageddon.com/wiki/List_of_vehicles_in_Carmageddon_II:_Carpocalypse_Now

Edited by: FatCat on Thu, 21/07/2016 - 14:44
Cynatix's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Thu, 21/07/2016 - 02:41

I love these ideas! But the way I see it, it would be way too limited to have only (As you mentioned) One pair of cars be one car. Such as Eagle+Codbra. If this was the premise/backstory of the game, you would have to make some sort of algorithm that makes any pair of cars depending on what level you're on.

So; for example, Max's Junkyard you could have an opponent that is Jetcar and the Hellrod, and another that's Jetcar+Degory'un, while in El Morte Desert you could have The Harvester+LoggerHead, and so-on. You could only have one car merge with one car, there would need to be a way for every car to mix with all of the other ones. But either way, it would still be effing cool.

Max says: "Screw seat belts!"

Synetearis's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Thu, 21/07/2016 - 06:58

I'm defenitely up for some cool fatcat sketches!

Soo,.... Razorbill + Ledsled :D

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Thu, 21/07/2016 - 14:06

Synetearis wrote:
I'm defenitely up for some cool fatcat sketches!

Soo,.... Razorbill + Ledsled :D

did you mean Razorback and Thunderbucket?

http://wiki.carmageddon.com/wiki/List_of_vehicles_in_Carmageddon_II:_Carpocalypse_Now

Privata's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Thu, 21/07/2016 - 14:31

C2 combo?
What about The Harvester with Tashita2

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Thu, 21/07/2016 - 14:55

Privata wrote:
C2 combo?
What about The Harvester with Tashita2

Oooooooooo, Yessssss, good choice <3

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Thu, 21/07/2016 - 17:31

How about the most vicious and high precision combo ever? Superstuka/Forking Ada

Mad_Maxine's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Submitted: Thu, 21/07/2016 - 17:45

Well I like this idea But dont know if youll like mine :B

Deathcruiser Meets Jetcar,
Go crazy heh.

My Cars/Peds/Maps/Skins: http://demontailmods.webs.com
View the comic game from start to finish: http://imgur.com/a/diaO6

uoɯǝp ǝɥʇ ʞɔɐɥ ɐʞɐ - I am the Last Poster, the killer of topics. Fear me

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Thu, 21/07/2016 - 22:43

------------

Jetcar + Deathcruiser
------------

The Harvester + Tashita
------------

Hawk3 + Lamb'o'Genie
------------
Which one of these three drawings should be made into a 3D model?

Edited by: FatCat on Thu, 21/07/2016 - 22:48

Pages

randomness