You are here

Cannot Play (Update does not download on xbox one in the uk)

spidergod's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Cannot Play (Update does not download on xbox one in the uk)
#1 Submitted: Fri, 08/07/2016 - 11:39

Hi Folks
Anyone else from the UK on xbox one having problems download the update?
My connection is all fine and can download other games updates and other games fine.
Have tried the xbox troubleshooting guide up until the offline system diagnostic software stage.
Thanks

starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Fri, 08/07/2016 - 12:21

spidergod wrote:
Hi Folks
Anyone else from the UK on xbox one having problems download the update?
My connection is all fine and can download other games updates and other games fine.
Have tried the xbox troubleshooting guide up until the offline system diagnostic software stage.
Thanks

Easiest and least dangerous scenario. Delete ONLY your gamertag and re - look it up.

What DOES how up when you load the disk and what error if any do you get ?

Why is it that when you are a child at the dinner table you can get punished asking for someone to please pass you the fork and knife ?

Totalition's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Fri, 08/07/2016 - 13:26

I have the exact same problem.
Installed the game, redeemed pre-order code, tried to start the game > update fails.

I'm from the Netherlands btw, on Xbox One as well.

Edited by: Totalition on Fri, 08/07/2016 - 13:28
Gravedrinker's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Fri, 08/07/2016 - 13:32

Hey guys,

we're looking into this problem right now.

What you could try for the time being, is unplug the network cable and try to play it offline. Please let me know if this works.

It would also be good if you could submit issues like this to our support site, it makes it easier to keep track of everything.

Twitter/Instagram: @Gravedrinker

Eviron's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Fri, 08/07/2016 - 13:34

Same here in Germany. It says there's an issue with the update but it doesn't specify it any further. You should be able to play though by going offline. But that's no good option if wanting to get into multiplayer of course. ;(

starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Fri, 08/07/2016 - 14:33

Eviron wrote:
Same here in Germany. It says there's an issue with the update but it doesn't specify it any further. You should be able to play though by going offline. But that's no good option if wanting to get into multiplayer of course. ;(

Its weird, either my wifes xbox one is acting crazy with the network and not downloading the update. But mine was OK three days ago. Ho error code numbers on her end. Even though all the other internet things work for her.

Could be the servers are busy cause everyone is buying it. :)

But Gravedrinker I know for a fact that just disconnecting your router will let you play solo for a few days.

Why is it that when you are a child at the dinner table you can get punished asking for someone to please pass you the fork and knife ?

Eviron's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Fri, 08/07/2016 - 15:50

Worked now! And it's pleasantly light on size, just 77MB. :) So... I'll be there in a minute to get wrecked! ;D

starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Fri, 08/07/2016 - 16:29

Eviron wrote:
Worked now! And it's pleasantly light on size, just 77MB. :) So... I'll be there in a minute to get wrecked! ;D

too bad RDR came out on backwards compatibility on the same day . Not gonna get anything done this weekend :)