You are here

[BLOG] Enter the Evisceratingly Excessive EVILC10!

Pages

shane's picture
Community Manager
Stainless
[BLOG] Enter the Evisceratingly Excessive EVILC10!
#1 Submitted: Thu, 16/06/2016 - 10:52

For years we’ve discussed the idea of having a REAL Carmageddon car built, as a cool way to promote the game. Guess what! Read on to find out more!

Read the rest of this article here and discuss below:

Edited by: shane on 06/07/2016 - 09:38
twisted's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 16/06/2016 - 11:06

It's really a hell of a beast and nice paintjob too, I loooove it! Great idea to promote the game but a shame Jason and majority of the staff can't drive it. If I can ask, how many hp the motor develop and is it RWD? :-)

Fr0nt's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Twitch ChampKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 16/06/2016 - 11:11

Nice looking car, kinda expected it to be in game.
Is that thing also road legal in europe?

Tonrac's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 16/06/2016 - 11:27

Before EvilC10 it was nosferatu ... listen the heart of da beast

@Fr0nt : It's a really good question ...

Edited by: Tonrac on Thu, 16/06/2016 - 22:07
Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 16/06/2016 - 12:03

Quote:
Nice looking car, kinda expected it to be in game.
Is that thing also road legal in europe?

I doubt it would be legal, custom/scratch built cars have to pass an SVA test in the UK, which is considerably stricter than the MOT test regular production cars (>3 years old) have to pass every year. Although, if the original chassis is un-modified (which I doubt), you might not have to pass the SVA, and could go for the MOT instead.

Regardless, It'll probably get trucked from show to show.

Quote:
It's really a hell of a beast and nice paintjob too, I loooove it! Great idea to promote the game but a shame Jason and majority of the staff can't drive it. If I can ask, how many hp the motor develop and is it RWD? :-)

As this is based off of a C-10, that would make it rear wheel drive. C-Series GMC/Chevy Trucks are rear wheel Drive, K-Series trucks were 4 wheel drive. You can see the chassis without the body here

EDIT: just checked the old for-sale listing. Evil C-10 has a rebuilt blown 454 chevy. Whether that was an LS5 or LS6 block is unclear, but that's a whole lotta power with not a lot of weight holding it back.
EDIT2: corrected a mistake

Regardless, that thing is quite the beast. Chop tops aren't my style, but it's beautifully done. :) I might be slightly deeply jealous of Janet getting to drive it right now hehe.

Edited by: Mad Mike on Thu, 16/06/2016 - 12:03

One man... Alone... Wrecking opponents in the Automobile he loves
Twitter Manifestation, Mods for Max Damage

elsenator's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 16/06/2016 - 17:30

You do realize that you now need to include this car in the game, right? I wanna ride this! And also, the... umm... tiny stature requirement for the driver makes for some nifty character design choices.

Who wants this car in the game?

// El Senator aka Muldjord
muldjord.com
downpitch.net

Tonrac's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 16/06/2016 - 17:36

Hdtanel had a good time

@elsenator : It's too late for The 8 of july ... but i want it for the PC version ;)

Edited by: Tonrac on Thu, 16/06/2016 - 17:36
YautjaLord's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 16/06/2016 - 19:27

Three words: GOD-FUCKIN-DAMNIT!!!!! :) Any plans for unleashing it in 2017 as well, pretty please? After Download or Bloodstock 2017? :)

Edited by: YautjaLord on Thu, 16/06/2016 - 19:31

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Thu, 16/06/2016 - 21:05

Tonrac wrote:
Hdtanel had a good time

@elsenator : It's too late for The 8 of july ... but i want it for the PC version ;)

I vote for having this car's engine sounds in some form of C:MD dlc!!!

twisted's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 16/06/2016 - 21:51

OH MY GOD THAT SOUND!! I want THIS CAR in the GAME! :-D

lemonrev's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 17/06/2016 - 00:31

Nice write up as always, Thanks for the article, Love the look of the car, I personally do not care for what it actually is. I do like the old style mob car's and this is a beasty version of that :P.

As for the engine Noise, Just hit up a V8, and you should be all good. I would like to see this out in there speedway going around the course and seeing how many times they can spin it with out loosing the engine :P like one of the clips above :P.

I like the Paint job and also the How you did the blades for this, The little hidden fact you really can't see it from far but the granny count is fantastic.

Who was videoing the car in the traffic in one of those shots on the evilc10 site ?.

Now all we need is both the model and the car and a granny with walking frame to stand at the front of the car while the drive gets in and runs her down :P.

What did you do with your other race car, i presume you still have that for driving around as well ? or i'm not sure if that was legal that's why you took it out to the race course :? anyways two cars down for stainless in RL Great car, Can't wait to see what comes of it when DLC is made for game :P

Pages