You are here

Confusion about the pre-order bonus

Pages

yurrenstein12's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Confusion about the pre-order bonus
#1 Submitted: Tue, 24/05/2016 - 19:49

I live in the Netherlands / Holland, and I always order my games from a website called Nedgame. I want to pre-order the PlayStation 4 version of C:MD, but there is no information listed about the pre-order bonus:

https://www.nedgame.nl/playstation-4/carmageddon-max-damage/2946790384/

I contacted Nedgame, but they said there will be no pre-order bonus. This is weird, because Nobby told us that everybody who pre-orders the retail version will get the pre-order bonus.

I am totally confused now. Will I get the bonus or not?

Edited by: yurrenstei... on 24/05/2016 - 19:53
Legomeaker101's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Tue, 24/05/2016 - 19:50

the problem is that most retailers dont know about the pre order bonuses

if cars aren't meant to crash why do they have air bags?

yurrenstein12's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Submitted: Tue, 24/05/2016 - 20:04

Legomeaker101 wrote:

I know, and it's really bugging me. I hope Stainless can do something about this. It's not that I don't trust Stainless, or Nedgame, but I really want to be sure that I get the bonus content. I mean, there's no other way to get these 2 cars.

Legomeaker101's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Tue, 24/05/2016 - 20:09

there is a posibility of dlc

if cars aren't meant to crash why do they have air bags?

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Tue, 24/05/2016 - 20:26

Stainless have said all pre-orders will have the pre-order bonuses. I would assume they will be done in the same way as a large number of games do it where the code is included in the box and not the responsibility of the retailer to give out separately.

Fr0nt's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Twitch ChampKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 24/05/2016 - 20:50

Gamemania has the pre order bonus listed AND you get a poster. So i would go for that option. I think most places where nedgame is located, also have a gamemania store, but then again, i could be wrong.

starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Tue, 24/05/2016 - 20:59

Legomeaker101 wrote:

Thats true. Amazon still acts stupid when asked. And yet Gamestop has the details on their site.

and I also think it will be the way Trent said.

EDIT Gamestop says this "Online Customers: Code will be emailed within 2 business days after your order ships. " Which BTW Amazon does this part very well timed the night before you get the boxed game in the mail.

Edited by: starbuck on Tue, 24/05/2016 - 21:07

Why is it that when you are a child at the dinner table you can get punished asking for someone to please pass you the fork and knife ?

yurrenstein12's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Submitted: Wed, 25/05/2016 - 08:45

Legomeaker101 wrote:
there is a posibility of dlc

If I can't get the cars, this would be a really nice solution. This would also be great for the people that want the game digitally.

Trent wrote:
Stainless have said all pre-orders will have the pre-order bonuses. I would assume they will be done in the same way as a large number of games do it where the code is included in the box and not the responsibility of the retailer to give out separately.

Yeah, this is indeed the case with most PS4 games, but It happened to me a few times that I didn't get the pre-order bonus with some games, while it should have been included. (I am not only talking about Nedgame here.) This is what makes me so worried about Carmageddon: Max Damage.

Fr0nt wrote:
Gamemania has the pre order bonus listed AND you get a poster. So i would go for that option. I think most places where nedgame is located, also have a gamemania store, but then again, i could be wrong.

Game Mania is not an option for me. The closest Game Mania store is pretty far away. Bol.com also has the pre-order bonus lised, but I don't trust that website. (I had too many problems with that site in the past.) Nedgame is my only hope.

Deamon's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 29/05/2016 - 22:36

I pre-ordered from bol.com and I regularly order from them, never had any problems.

Carmageddon UNlimited Team For all your wrecking needs!
"All prey keep left. Fellow raptors keep up."
TDR2000 MAX-Pack A community add-on pack.

yurrenstein12's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Submitted: Tue, 31/05/2016 - 19:39

I used to order from Bol.com quite often, but I always ended up with broken/damaged game/bluray cases. Their way of packaging is pretty terrible in my opinion.

Anyway, I pre-ordered from Nedgame. I'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Edited by: yurrenstein12 on Tue, 31/05/2016 - 19:41
Synetearis's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Thu, 09/06/2016 - 08:13

I am also from the Netherlands, preordered a ps4 version at GameMania..

Pages