You are here

Shotgun's Mods - [REL] Improved Camera + Effects tweaks, [Updated] Varied Skies

Pages

Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 16/06/2016 - 09:29

Kind of nitpicking: these are not spikes on Purple Piledriver rear wheels but blades. They don't spin with the wheels but are on the rear suspensions. Here's how they look.
So I guess if you go for blades instead of spikes they'll have to be separate models from the actual wheels?

... and carmageddon add-ons at road reaction.

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 16/06/2016 - 11:14

Quote:
Yeah I was looking at how to go about doing that the other day and saw that this can set up in the config. Pretty neat!

Yup, there's all kinds of neat stuff that can be done :)

Quote:
Kind of nitpicking: these are not spikes on Purple Piledriver rear wheels but blades. They don't spin with the wheels but are on the rear suspensions. Here's how they look.
So I guess if you go for blades instead of spikes they'll have to be separate models from the actual wheels?

Fair enough. If you don't want the blades spinning with the wheels, as far as I know that is not possible to attach/remove using any of the current wheel option/s. You could have the blades as a part that is attached directly to the hubs on the car, as such they would inherit the suspension position but not the angular rotation of the wheels. Additionally, the blades could be mapped to the paint material, and then a transparency based material could be used for the paint to make the blades visible/invisible between paint-schemes, but as the car paint shader does not support transparency, you would be left without damage textures or blood splatters on all paint schemes where the blades are invisible, plus the blades (if functional as weapons) would still be colliding with other objects when invisible.

At the moment the only way to have the blades as an optional part that does damage, is to attach them to the wheel model like cleavers or Shredlights spikes.

One man... Alone... Wrecking opponents in the Automobile he loves
Twitter Manifestation, Mods for Max Damage

Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 16/06/2016 - 23:16

Ah! I didn't realise that wheel models bring their own collision shape, that's great (I'm too C1/C2-minded). I guess it can be comfortable to design these blades differently to accommodate their spinning with the wheel then. Would make the setup easier as you imply it yourself :)

... and carmageddon add-ons at road reaction.

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 17/06/2016 - 19:08

When it comes to the collision setup, if a wheel model has 'blades', you can alter the radius of the 'blades' for collision purposes in the "CComplicatedWheelParameters.lol". Otherwise the wheels collision data is defined by the structure data & wheel node attributes on the car.

I haven't done any messing around with Blade setup, so I couldn't say how the radius value is used, be it the radius of the base of a collision cone from the centre of the wheel, or the length of the blade relative to the wheel, or both. Then again, the blade length could be extracted from the length of the "Spike.MDL"

Anyway, enough of my rambling about practicalities, hehe. :)

STShotgun's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Twitch Champ
Submitted: Sat, 02/07/2016 - 20:50

So progress on the Speed 12 has been a bit slow recently due to irl stuff, but it's also been very steady. Fully completed the bodywork now (other than cutting some of it up into separate parts), and also begun work on the mechanical parts (got the gearbox and drivetrain completed with the engine currently underway).

Also, I recently decided to go back and try out rendering another scene with Blender, got these new shots of the car in its current state:

Spoiler:

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of ass."

C:R & C:MD Compilation - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7FrYLN6Bfg
Modding thread: http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/29467

Synetearis's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Sun, 03/07/2016 - 10:33

Sexy!

Psyrgery's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 03/07/2016 - 20:22

Looks amazing STS!

Hope you accept skins when the model is finished, looking forward to it :D

Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil

STShotgun's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Twitch Champ
Submitted: Mon, 04/07/2016 - 03:02

Thanks guys, and yep, extra skins are always welcome and appreciated!

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of ass."

C:R & C:MD Compilation - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7FrYLN6Bfg
Modding thread: http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/29467

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 04/07/2016 - 12:29

Nice steady progress there Shotgun. Looks like it's gradually coming together :)

RiOrus's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Mon, 04/07/2016 - 15:59

love it, basically the TVR speed 12 / cerbera speed 12 depending on your opinion. Massive fan of TVR, love stainless' link with Les and TVR and the Tuscan mark 2. love that they ripped off the cerb for the purple piledriver. Love the mod.

Love it!

If they'd have offered a kickstarter with a Les Edgar endorsed TVR and a copy of the game I would've backed. Love it.

Pages