You are here

Requesting a refund after 4 years of receiving nothing but the game

Pages

lemonrev's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 19/05/2016 - 04:14

I have to say i love every thread on this after the OP, everyone has such a good thing to say, Sad to see that all these repliys get nothing but i want my money back :P

Razor's picture
Piledriver
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModeratorCompetition Winner
Submitted: Thu, 19/05/2016 - 14:27

Quotes directly from Kickstarter:

Quote:
Backers are folks who pledge money to join creators in bringing projects to life.

Quote:
When a project is successfully funded, the creator is responsible for completing the project and fulfilling each reward. Their fundamental obligation to backers is to finish all the work that was promised. Once a creator has done so, they’ve fulfilled their obligation to their backers. At the same time, backers must understand that Kickstarter is not a store. When you back a project, you’re helping to create something new — not ordering something that already exists. There’s a chance something could happen that prevents the creator from being able to finish the project as promised. If a creator is absolutely unable to complete the project and fulfill rewards, they must make every reasonable effort to find another way of bringing the project to a satisfying conclusion for their backers.

https://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/kickstarter+basics
https://www.kickstarter.com/terms-of-use#section4

You chose to back the game by putting down money to help development in return for a reward, development (whilst C:R has been released) is still actually ongoing and in the attempt to create the best game they possibly can for us, the team are working the foundations of C:R into a whole new, complete, finalised (on release) product, Carmageddon: Max Damage.

It has been long evidenced and documented the reasons for certain rewards not being able to be met but again, that's a risk you take when you back a Kickstarter campaign, they are substituting some rewards with others of equal quality, they may not be what you originally wanted but your pledge is still being honoured and you're still getting something for your money.

For all of my Carmageddon stuff visit my site @ http://r.carmajunkies.com
Visit my retro gaming website @ www.retrogameshelf.com

Major Tom's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 19/05/2016 - 16:12

That maybe so but there's no way on this green earth that a comic book (non exclusive I might add) is worth the price I put down
All I'm asking for is a refund to a lower pledge

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Thu, 19/05/2016 - 16:19

I would gladly pay money for a carma comic book! CZD is awesome!

shane's picture
Community Manager
Stainless
Submitted: Thu, 19/05/2016 - 16:55

Hi Major Tom,

Sorry to hear your frustration at not receiving your Kickstarter rewards. We still intend to send all remaining Kickstarter rewards to our Backers and apologise for the length of time it's taken to get these out to you and everyone else. We know how much you guys are looking forward to receiving them.

The issue with the Eagle cars is something that unfortunately is out of our hands. Our initial samples of the cars were pretty good but due to issues with the supplier the end product turned out to be very poor - a lot of our stock was damaged on delivery and we were unable to get the company to replace them. The Carmageddon comic in printed form is to be our replacement for this.

If you wish to discuss your Kickstarter rewards with me please send me a private message and I'll get back to you.

Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 19/05/2016 - 17:07

Let's just copy that again for anyone who reads this thread with similar concerns:

Trent wrote:
If you couldn't afford to spend that much money and get nothing then you should not have backed the project for that amount.

Trent wrote:
Stainless are still committed to fulfilling all the outstanding rewards to the best of their ability.

Stainless are working non-stop toward their objective: the proper final release of the new Carmageddon. It's set to release in july on consoles. Supporting these platforms is a priority as it is vital to continue. They'll be able to schedule KS higher tiers rewards shipment (but the Eagle model ; comic instead) after that release. The PC version of C:MD will arrive some time after the console release as well. Mac & Linux versions will progress then too!

So just try to be a little more patient and you'll be glad you did :)

... and carmageddon add-ons at road reaction.

Pages

randomness