Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Requesting a refund after 4 years of receiving nothing but the game
#1 Submitted: Wed, 18/05/2016 - 14:51

As the title says
3 years 11 months
£150 double eagle backed
All I ever got was the game
Then this "non exclusive comic" instead of the only thing I wanted?
Nope, I'll take a £135 refund now please
You're Facebook support is shit
The Kickstarter support is shit
Maybe you might take notice on here
I'm totally pissed that I forked out £150 for a digital copy of a game 4 years ago now hoping to get some other stuff that never happened
I wanted the double eagle cars
Not a comic so please issue a refund

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Wed, 18/05/2016 - 15:32

Enjoy having a FREE GAME in 1 month anyway, i bet you're gonna be REALLY MAD to get C:MD for FREE. I bet getting allllllll that new content is gonna make you FURIOUS. You're gonna be like: "WHAT, I GET A BUNCH OF NEW MAPS AND CARS AND FEATURES? FUCK YOU SCI I WANT A REFUND!"

Edited by: FatCat on Wed, 18/05/2016 - 15:34
Privata's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Wed, 18/05/2016 - 15:56

I dont get it to be honest.
You backed the game , you got the game. and on top of that you get CMD , for free ! how can you turn down something thats free? if anything I want to pay for CMD !

If you are talking about the kickstarter eagle , Are you not ment to get a key or something via one of the websites were you paid?
Why dont you try support? , not the facebook or kickstarter support but the actual one aimed at this sort of case? they might be able to give you your bonus car.

It is important to note that a refund should never be issued for a kickstarter as its an investement and if the product is finished and not to your taste it is considered part of the risk of investement

Major Tom's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 18/05/2016 - 16:15

The game got funded
I didn't pay 150 for a fucking £15 game
I backed double eagle I should have got all the stuff plus a physical copy of the game
I'm over it
I want my pledge refunded as they've failed to fulfil their side of the bargain

Privata's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Wed, 18/05/2016 - 16:39

You became an investor of sorts and help fund the game , risk is part of it.
Its pathetic to assume they should give you your money back , and I guess the only reason they did give you the money was to avoid a temper tantrum for the sack of PR.

You could have just asked for your shit and they would have given it you.

Tonrac's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 18/05/2016 - 16:46

The kickstarter is about 5 to 10 % of the total budget of the game. The game was released too early on PC and don't sell well.
It's not a scam, you don't buy an object, you be part of a project that like every project could fail.
A developpement of 4-5 years is a current practice in the video game industry, even for indie project ( wreckfest is not released yet).
They say the 02/22/16 that they don't forget backers but that we must wait some couple of months and they apology for that.
You have funded for an episodic game ... (maybe one or two levels and few cars that's the original project) and you will have a complete game (4 licenses of CR that you could find NOW 15$ BUT that cost the double when the game was released = 120$). And all that 4 licenses will receive CMD for Free ...
Maybe you had even finish CR now, so you cannot ask for a refund. That's unfair.
I understand your frustration, but you have to be patient (like the rest of us that must wait for CMD on PC).

Edited by: Tonrac on Wed, 18/05/2016 - 16:47
Major Tom's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 18/05/2016 - 17:39

All I've gotten is the game
No physical goods
No physical game
No eagle models
No shirt
No posters
No cards
Fuck all
I want my pledge reduced to the £15 pledge because that's all I've gotten
So I want 135£ back

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Wed, 18/05/2016 - 17:44

When you back a project on Kickstarter you do so with the full understanding that you run the risk of not getting anything at all. It's not a shop you buy things from. If you couldn't afford to spend that much money and get nothing then you should not have backed the project for that amount. Stainless are still committed to fulfilling all the outstanding rewards to the best of their ability so it's not like you're going to go without and you have had the main reason for backing the game in the first place: the actual game. There are plenty of other kickstarter projects which haven't even released their actual game after just as long a period, let alone fulfilled everyone's rewards and many more which gave up during development without releasing anything at all.

I understand you're upset that Stainless had to replace the eagle models but they are upset about it too. They wasted a load of money ordering all the models and what they got looked pretty bad and were so brittle that the ones which arrived with them in one piece could break just in hand, let alone being shipped around the world. They are stuck with hundreds of the things which can't be used for anything, can't be replaced or refunded. You might have spent £97 (not £150) on the entire pledge, but they spent thousands just getting the models made and will spend more money getting the exclusive, limited edition physical comic printed as a replacement. They didn't have to offer the comic, they could just send the models out and ignore the fact they would arrive at your doorstep in pieces, but that would be even worse than getting a replacement reward, wouldn't it?

Edited by: Trent on Wed, 18/05/2016 - 17:45

Tonrac's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 18/05/2016 - 17:50

You are just a liar, you got 4 X 29.99$ or 4 X 19.99 £ games when it was released and you will got 4 CMD licenses for free ...
You got all the digitals rewards
The physical rewards will be send later (except the eagle models that will be replaced) ... probably when CMD will be release on PC.

Edited by: Tonrac on Wed, 18/05/2016 - 18:14
Psyrgery's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 18/05/2016 - 18:25

Don't mess with the internet.

Little plastic toys are serious business.

P.S. Deal with it. When you pledged you knew you were taking a risk. There's people who pledged the same amount as you did or even more and you don't see them whinning.

Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil

Cynatix's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Wed, 18/05/2016 - 19:07

Let's say you play a game of Risk, the board game. You win. Let's say that win was you getting the game. You play again, you lode. Let's say you lose multiple times, and they represent the kickstarter objects you haven't received yet. Let's say you play another game, this is your final take at risk. You win. That win was you backing the project, slightly decreasing the time in order to get those objects you seem to find so dear to you. But, you're impatient, and you quit the next game too early. You lose everything. Patience is a virtue, my friend.

Max says: "Screw seat belts!"

Pages

randomness