You are here

A crash course in car physics by Patrick Buckland (Also, new C:MD screenshots!)

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
A crash course in car physics by Patrick Buckland (Also, new C:MD screenshots!)
#1 Submitted: Wed, 11/05/2016 - 19:05
Edited by: FatCat on 11/05/2016 - 19:09
twisted's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 11/05/2016 - 19:29

Also guys, check this interesting news from March 9th we didn't heard about...

Former Vivendi and Take 2 CTO Jan Lindner takes over from founder Patrick Buckland:
http://www.develop-online.net/news/carmageddon-creator-stainless-appoints-new-ceo/0217639

Patrick Buckland, have shifted to the role of executive chairman. I didn't even knew Stainless had an office in the United States.

Edited by: twisted on Wed, 11/05/2016 - 19:52

Tonrac's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 11/05/2016 - 19:43

I really enjoy the reading of Patrick Buckland interview, could be great if they made other articles that concern the unique Carmageddon handling ... what about this weird choice of an handling between arcade and simulation ?

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Wed, 11/05/2016 - 20:16

I hope Jan Lindner is interested in the carmageddon brand. It would be a shame if the franchise got dropped after C:MD comes out.

I mean, there's lots of things that Stainless can do to make money with the brand, like porting Carma2 onto mobile, or releasing Carma1Mobile onto PC, or making official Carma2-themed DLC for C:MD.

Edited by: FatCat on Wed, 11/05/2016 - 20:38
Synetearis's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Mon, 16/05/2016 - 14:09

All of the above,i hope will happen.. but specially c2 to android with multiplayer support and some refreshing multiplayer modes,...

flykas's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Mon, 16/05/2016 - 14:55

This article is really interesting. Because the game is technically very unique, it made me think about how many people, who are not so familiar with carmageddon or just remember it from old days, just look at it as another car combate game and compare it to twisted metal, while the damge modeling and natural physics of the car was revolutionary. Alsi it is ineteresting how they had to remake some of teh basics of the engine and you can see that in game. There are a lot of new stuff in terms of physcs but there are also minor stepbacks comapred to carma 2.

Also there are there are new screens in twitter @Max Damage and it shows plow's bucket in action :]

Fr0nt's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Twitch ChampKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 16/05/2016 - 16:24

reading it again the only question i have:

How long did it take to grow that epic beard!?

Synetearis's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Tue, 14/06/2016 - 11:22

Wouldnt mind if the game engine is used for another game with cars and damage,.. i could live without peds,... not mad stunts crushing cars and realistic suspension though.

randomness