You are here

Politically correct strike again

Pages

Tonrac's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Politically correct strike again
#1 Submitted: Sat, 07/05/2016 - 10:11

The last promotional trailer was a bit provocative. But i don't know it could cause some overreaction like this article http://dispatches.cheatcc.com/2264

This article is full of hate, (the dev team are immature asshole) the author judge the game on one trailer and didn't even play to the game. Yes, the game feel 90, but hotline Miami feel also 90 ... (And the author seem to like this game)
So why saying that "I enjoyed Carmageddon back in the '90s, but that's where it should have stayed."
The way of thinking of Reviewers (in general) feel strange to me. Why the fact that Carmageddon gameplay don't evolve could be negative and in a meanwhile give good note to call of duty 25 and assassin creed 14? (Seriously a FPS stay a FPS and an assassins creed stay an assassins creed) The truth is that Carmageddon continue to disturb people (this game is not Politically correct) and they use wrong argument to discredit the game.
And You what do You think? Do You think the last trailer will cause more Damage to the game reputation or in contrary will attract new players?

Edited by: Tonrac on 07/05/2016 - 10:11
starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Sat, 07/05/2016 - 10:30

First opinions are like assholes, including this writer. I mean you cant take her seriously. Just look at her. She herself looks how she portrays this game, a rehash from old times turned foul :)

She reminds me of when we were nerds and could not get a date so we were stuck dating the female computer nerds (pretty much one per state) that look like her or choosing Rosy Palm and her five sisters. With a lady like that I would have chosen Rosy Palm just out of the fear of waking up to that face. No wonder she is freelance because she doesnt know what she is talking about. She is jumping to conclusions over on video.

And that "self appointed assholes" statement could land her in hot water.

So no one opinion doesnt matter to me . Giving it a bad review just because they chose nuns to run over in that vid ?

Besides Cheat Code central has sucked since it started and will continue to suck. They dont even post their own cheats, they just copy them from other sites. And some of them they are missing.

Like for example one of their stories by another lady "Do First-person Shooters Prepare You for War? "

I myself find the nun video cool, I just dont get the joke at the end for some reason.

Edited by: starbuck on Sat, 07/05/2016 - 10:54

Why is it that when you are a child at the dinner table you can get punished asking for someone to please pass you the fork and knife ?

Sa1cor's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Twitch ChampCompetition Winner
Submitted: Sat, 07/05/2016 - 11:31

This is good, I wish this was more viral. Easily offendable self entitled people like her make the game look like it's as shocking as the original games. That's great for all the original carma fans that are thinking about getting into C:MD.

On the side note, why is killing people in wheelchairs worse than killing dudes in suits? People these days.

Edited by: Sa1cor on Sat, 07/05/2016 - 11:32
Privata's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Sat, 07/05/2016 - 11:45

I read the full thing...
I think its safe to say she is insane.

''There will always be dumb, immature, gross-out games out there, and that's great! I just feel like they should be organic creations of the current era, not cynical-feeling flashbacks to a different time and place.''
What the fuck does she think she is saying? has she not done any resarch on how and why this game is here today?

''Max Damage feel less "insane and wrong" and more good old-fashioned mean-spirited"
''They team has made a point of showing how you can explode people in wheelchairs and mobility scooters, and a new trailer shows nothing but nun fatalities. Really? The original Carmageddon, at least, was pretty equal-opportunity offensive.""
She has no idea what she is talking about...

This sort of ''article'' is offencive to human intelect.

Small edit : Look at the first and second comment.
Its a user who , insult carmageddon for being too oldschool and outdated... yet has an avatar of sonic... and belives with no hint of irony that carma 1 was banned on purpose to get attention lol...
he also compared carmageddon to custers revenge... just wow

Edited by: Privata on Sat, 07/05/2016 - 11:54
CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Sat, 07/05/2016 - 12:12

GO! GO! GO! =D

Fr0nt's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Twitch ChampKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 07/05/2016 - 13:49

i hope some of the artists has some free time to add that ugly bitch to the game so we can all kill her over and over and over and over again.

Edited by: Fr0nt on Sat, 07/05/2016 - 13:49
twisted's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 07/05/2016 - 13:41

She sounds like a virgin feminazist spinster in her midlife crysis suffering from inferiority feelings toward mens because she never succeeded dating them... the kind of girl with runny makeup eating all her emotions in cupcakes, wearing way too large floral old lady dresses to forgot her overweight.

Of course, any sensible person here would understand that I don't necessarily think everything I said :D but it looks like it is not given to everyone to have a pinch of humor. If one thing life have teached me, it is to have fun whatever age you are, be it immature or not, and not be so susceptible.

If she would have done a search, she would have quickly found out how many times Stainless have taked care of describing Carmageddon as an equal opportunities Ped Slaughterfest exactly to prevent this from happening. I'm sure if trailer was about old grandpa getting runned over, she would not have been mad about it. Thing is, nuns are cool these days! I can understand black sense of humor is not your thing, but freely calling some folks assholes to me doesn't elevate you further than what you're calling them in the first place and make you look even worst.

I don't understand either peoples arguing it should have stayed in the '90s, I mean, all them who've said so never came with any argument supporting it. Give it the money and I'm convinced this franchise could reach a broad audience. We've seen it with the comics series', the game's universe is packed with crazy characters, stories to tell and could easily be expanded to include new game modes and gameplay elements beyond our wildest dreams, but for this, you must be supportive of indie devs, be sold by the concept they sell you and understand they must start at something first. And this is exactly what Stainless are doing. Max Damage isn't going to be a a bad game by any means and rather, a very funny little game which will eventually lead to something bigger, but the road will not be without it's bumps and this is reality for any indie game devs out there.

I'm confident they will get there eventually, I have not the shadow of a doubt but I don't know what to think about articles like this... they kind of pisses me off and makes me sad at the same time. I just have the feeling they've been badly put together by not open minded people. If I was in Stainless shoes, I wouldn't bet my money on such articles to irredeemably question the future of the franchise. In fact, all the contrary. Some might say that it should have stayed in the '90s, but Carmageddon have always been about pure fun and this game is no exception. If you cannot have fun anymore with videogames, maybe it should be time for you to stop gaming.

Edited by: twisted on Sat, 07/05/2016 - 16:56

Tonrac's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 07/05/2016 - 18:32

OK guys, i think i must apology ... Why? Because i post this article and if i have taken more time to the content of that website, it won't happen.
Content like this article about The question all of You want to know the answer:
Are Games and Drugs a Great Combination?
http://dispatches.cheatcc.com/2250
Or this article about the wife treatment in videogame
Why Most Girls Will Never Be Mortal Kombat Fan
http://dispatches.cheatcc.com/2257
I laugh myself reading those, and understand that this shitting website is just a big joke.

@starbuck: You make my day. I don't hear about the "Rosy Palm" expression until today ...

@Sa1cor: agree with you that the trailer is good for Carma fans, but the game need to seduce newcomers too, and i don't know if that kind of trailer reach this point or miss it.
"On the side note, why is killing people in wheelchairs worse than killing dudes in suits? "
Because, in her mind, we must feel pity with people in wheelchairs ... But business Man that became rich stealing poor people deserve to die.

@privata: "This sort of ''article'' is offencive to human intelect." You resume my feeling. The two comment under this article show itself how high is the intelect of cheat code central community.

@Front: Sometimes You scared me...

@twisted: i am fully aggreed with you
"but I don't know what to think about articles like this... they kind of pisses me off and makes me sad at the same time. " Don't take this article like if it's a serious one, others articles in this site show that this site is just a tabloid, if it was made of paper we could wipe our bottom with it.

Edited by: Tonrac on Sat, 07/05/2016 - 21:21
Psyrgery's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 07/05/2016 - 18:38

twisted wrote:
She sounds like a virgin feminazist spinster in her midlife crysis suffering from inferiority feelings toward mens because she never succeeded dating them..

And we're done.

Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil

starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Sat, 07/05/2016 - 18:41

Nice first paragraph twisted :) Dont forget about her being married and only having 2 cats :) She thinks Nintendo should only create games.

Negative feedback creates controversy, controversy creates discussion, discussion creates sales. It may be a good thing.

Tonrac I assumed you didnt know Rosy Palm and would get a kick out of learning it :)

Edited by: starbuck on Sat, 07/05/2016 - 18:50

Why is it that when you are a child at the dinner table you can get punished asking for someone to please pass you the fork and knife ?

Privata's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Sat, 07/05/2016 - 18:56

You know , she made a point of C1 being better because It was ''Inclusive'' (lets ignore the fact C1 only had white humans (in the Bloodversion), however... she is offended that wheelchairs and mobility scooters users are being run over...
So including the disabled is bad? how? its including them in the game , yeah with the goal of running them over but its not like if we are playing the good guys in carma... its just random , and thats why we love it... and I dont know about everyone else but to me the wheelchair peds is more of joke that maybe the ped got runover and made it out alive , but will be ran over again rather than making fun of handicaps...

In my eyes carmageddon is one of the most harmless games out there

Sorry if my ramble made no sens

Pages

randomness