You are here

Sneaky Stainless snuck in an endgame difficulty spike for Freeplay

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Sneaky Stainless snuck in an endgame difficulty spike for Freeplay
#1 Submitted: Mon, 11/04/2016 - 16:13

So, if you've got a save file with a finished (or near finished) career mode, do not use its Freeplay mode. It will automatically give the opponents a massive offense and defense boost (APO upgrades) just like the late career AI has (You know, late career, when you're driving plow with upgrades). Use a fresh save's Freeplay, it will not give any of the opponents upgrades for APO stats, despite being the exact same normal difficulty mode.

"Working as intended" Stainless says it is. It is not, it makes the game super frustrating and the game does NOT tell you that it changed the freeplay experience to be massively more difficult, even on normal difficulty.

That's the worst part, the game does NOT tell you anything about this extra APO difficulty, at ALL, very insulting to players who played the game extensively.

Edited by: FatCat on 11/04/2016 - 16:21
Psyrgery's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 11/04/2016 - 17:07

That's what my mod is for :P.

Have you tried downgrading your car in Freeplay mode and see if the opponents adjust their APO accordingly?

Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Tue, 12/04/2016 - 21:32

Psyrgery wrote:
That's what my mod is for :P.

Have you tried downgrading your car in Freeplay mode and see if the opponents adjust their APO accordingly?

I dont usually ever use APO in freeplay, especially with mods. It's hella difficult to balance strenght and all that for a mod when every enemy AI gets bumped up a few APO points in carmodgeddon freeplay for a save that is late in the career mode.

Edited by: FatCat on Tue, 12/04/2016 - 21:35
Rigor's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 13/04/2016 - 06:45

That is the problem I tried to describe in my topic here http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/28920. Glad I'm not the only one being concerned by this issue.
I hope SG adressed this in C:MD because it can of ruined the fun after finishing the game.

Gravedrinker's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Fri, 13/05/2016 - 09:45

In the end this was a compromise solution, and we are aware this is not the most optimal way for it to work, and we would like to fix it.

With the work for Max Damage being in the final stretch it's too late for code changes like this (and has been for a while) but we will definitely evaluate options to address things like this post launch.

Twitter/Instagram: @Gravedrinker

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Fri, 13/05/2016 - 10:11

went in to free play took eagle, choose eagles as opponents APO 4 4 4 as it unlocked in career progress =D

HEAD-ON collision - I''ve been wrecked in one shot, opponent eagle had NO SCRATCH on it... not even broken headlights.

So maybe in Carmageddon:ReinCarppocalypse Now! =D

Psyrgery's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 13/05/2016 - 11:46

I think this is the thing I hate the most in the new Carma.

If you are not able to have fun in Freeplay mode tganks to the difficultu we've got a serious problem :/

Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Submitted: Fri, 13/05/2016 - 11:50

... but still ... I blame illuminati

Edited by: CzechDeath on Fri, 13/05/2016 - 11:51

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Fri, 13/05/2016 - 16:09

I just released a UI mod which includes selecting the opponents APO in freeplay, hi. http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/29455

randomness