You are here

Carmageddon named things that are not carmageddon

Pages

Freeride Forever's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Tue, 22/03/2016 - 04:39

Privata wrote:
The GTA one is what gets me.
It seems that mod has more fame than the carmageddon games...

I suppose that throws a little bit more shit on the statement someone made a long time ago about how people will forget about GTA V after a month or two. Maybe it was a 'typo' & they meant a YEAR or two. Still way wrong, anyway. :/

-Snip-
Please read the rules before posting derogatory remarks.

Edited by: Razor on Tue, 22/03/2016 - 09:43
Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Tue, 22/03/2016 - 09:03

Freeride Forever wrote:
When the Tom Cruise War of the Worlds movie was coming out, there was already a B movie version on the shelf of my video store before the real WotW came out. Can't even find a hint of the stink of it on Google. No one knows about it because it sucked & it was a horribly cheap rip off. Because it was an attempt to rip off its superior. When someone rips something off that society actually values, & society notices it, it'll usually be met with a fitting response.

War Of The Worlds was written in 1898, which means the book is public domain property. This also means there's no copyright on it and anyone can use the story, name and characters from the story in anyway without paying anyone royalties. It's a completely different matter to copyright infringement of properties created in recent years.

People have a right to protect their work and there's substantial harm which can be done by cheap copies of popular products which infringe on their copyright because the average consumer are frankly idiots who can't tell the difference between the real thing and a fake. For example, see the hundreds of Minecraft clones which pretend to be the real thing, but end up not being anything like actual game, horrendously broken and often do things like steal personal data, send text messages to premium rate numbers among other dangerous things and those ignorant consumers blame Minecraft for it and not the scammers who sold them a fake app. So, yes, people have the right to protect their intellectual property from those who would abuse it and suing them is the best way to do that.

Edited by: Trent on Tue, 22/03/2016 - 09:46

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Submitted: Tue, 22/03/2016 - 09:58

Freeride Forever wrote:
Privata wrote:

I suppose that throws a little bit more shit on the statement someone made a long time ago about how people will forget about GTA V after a month or two. Maybe it was a 'typo' & they meant a YEAR or two. Still way wrong, anyway. :/

-Snip-

Privata's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Tue, 22/03/2016 - 11:56

Freeride Forever wrote:
Privata wrote:

-Snip-

GTA has a very powerfull stance on gaming culture , its not going anywere.
I just find it a bit sad that when you type ''carmageddon'' you get more vids of some guy shouting at a face cam playing GTAIV or V with cars with no friction... its not a jab at GTA but at how a joke mod outdid carmageddon...

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Submitted: Tue, 22/03/2016 - 13:05

Privata wrote:
Freeride Forever wrote:
Privata wrote:

-Snip-

GTA has a very powerfull stance on gaming culture , its not going anywere.
I just find it a bit sad that when you type ''carmageddon'' you get more vids of some guy shouting at a face cam playing GTAIV or V with cars with no friction... its not a jab at GTA but at how a joke mod outdid carmageddon...

Probably outdid it in therms of publicity ...

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Tue, 22/03/2016 - 15:56

Other things being called carmageddon is not going to mean that the videogame Carmageddon is gonna stop existing to those who like it.

Edited by: FatCat on Tue, 22/03/2016 - 15:58
CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Submitted: Tue, 29/03/2016 - 20:38

FatCat wrote:
Other things being called carmageddon is not going to mean that the videogame Carmageddon is gonna stop existing to those who like it.

Yea... well... obviously but that is not the point of this thread =D

Tonrac's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 02/04/2016 - 14:55

a boring flash game ... that is based on carmageddon universe ... and is a proof that running over pedestrian is not really funny if the game focus only on that "functionality"
http://fr.y8.com/games/Carmageddon

A site that use the Carmageddon name and the carmageddon material, to make execute a malware by the fool who download a 155kb troyan thinking it's the game
Edit: i remove the second link because even if it's probably a scam it promote to download illegaly Carmageddon Reincarnation ...

Edited by: Tonrac on Sat, 02/04/2016 - 23:16
CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Submitted: Sun, 03/04/2016 - 19:01

Tonrac wrote:
a boring flash game ... that is based on carmageddon universe ... and is a proof that running over pedestrian is not really funny if the game focus only on that "functionality"
http://fr.y8.com/games/Carmageddon

A site that use the Carmageddon name and the carmageddon material, to make execute a malware by the fool who download a 155kb troyan thinking it's the game
Edit: i remove the second link because even if it's probably a scam it promote to download illegaly Carmageddon Reincarnation ...

nice catch! =D

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Submitted: Thu, 21/04/2016 - 13:53

Pages