You are here

General UI Mod Shit

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
General UI Mod Shit
#1 Submitted: Tue, 08/03/2016 - 17:41

As is probably obvious from the 32 player lobby mod I released, I've been messing with modding the UI lately to see what I can do with it so I figured I'd make a thread to dump what I've been messing with in.

One of the gripes people have about freeplay is the game not picking mod cars to fill the grid. I've fixed that now:

A fairly simple change allowed it to fill the grid with any car in the game, including cop cars and (if running in carmodgeddon) mod cars. I've also been messing with enabling Career mode in CarMODgeddon with the goal of letting people use mod cars in career, as for some reason people want to do that instead of playing them in freeplay mode.

flykas's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Tue, 08/03/2016 - 17:53

Thats really nice. It really sucked that every time I had to select oponent cars manually for the to use mods. So how can I use it ?

Psyrgery's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 08/03/2016 - 18:32

Trent wrote:
as for some reason people want to do that instead of playing them in freeplay mode.

I guess people want to play lower tiers, that is, against cars with less upgrades

Edited by: Psyrgery on Tue, 08/03/2016 - 18:43

Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 09/03/2016 - 21:30

Quote:
Quote:
as for some reason people want to do that instead of playing them in freeplay mode.

I guess people want to play lower tiers, that is, against cars with less upgrades

If people want to play against AI cars with stock upgrades - an easy way to do that is just to create a new save game. If you still want access to all cars & levels, then use a new save game in CarMODgeddon Mode. :)
Anyway, nice work Trent!

One man... Alone... Wrecking opponents in the Automobile he loves
Twitter Manifestation, Mods for Max Damage

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Thu, 10/03/2016 - 15:27

flykas wrote:
Thats really nice. It really sucked that every time I had to select oponent cars manually for the to use mods. So how can I use it ?

You can use it when I release it ;)

Quote:

It's apparently just about playing career mode. In career mode the opponents get their APO upgraded to match your maximum APO level anyway.

flykas's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Wed, 13/04/2016 - 17:56

Any news on this ?:]

randomness