You are here

[NEWS] It’s a Date!

Pages

shane's picture
Community Manager
Stainless
[NEWS] It’s a Date!
#1 Submitted: Mon, 07/03/2016 - 11:30

Hi again Carmafans! Following our recent exciting announcement that Carmageddon: Max Damage is coming to consoles, we can now confirm the release date will be…

Read the rest of this article here and comment below:

Edited by: shane on 16/06/2016 - 10:54
LordToastALot's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 07/03/2016 - 15:12

Link only goes to the general news page and not the actual article, just so you know.

Bet that hurt!

Privata's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Mon, 07/03/2016 - 15:18

Whats the date for the PC version? the same day or a bit before the console version?

and during a livestream there was mention of more blood decals on floors and walls , will this ever happen or is it off the map due to console limitations? if so will there be a option to turn them on for the PC?

Edited by: Privata on Mon, 07/03/2016 - 15:27
LordToastALot's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 07/03/2016 - 15:27

I'm getting this horrible feeling it's afterwards...

Bet that hurt!

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Mon, 07/03/2016 - 15:33

They already said the PC launch would come after the console launch.

Also the trailers and screen shots release so far seem to show more blood splatters than currently in C:R, as well as proper bloody tyre tracks.

Privata's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Mon, 07/03/2016 - 16:11

Trent wrote:
They already said the PC launch would come after the console launch.

Also the trailers and screen shots release so far seem to show more blood splatters than currently in C:R, as well as proper bloody tyre tracks.

Do you think it would be possible to mod more of it in?
Not in the basic form were you change the ped file that makes at what level of damage or impact they bleed but rather make different blood splashes and gibs cause blood decals on the floor (brains , legs and so on)

MemoryKill's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 07/03/2016 - 16:13

June 3rd, 3 months more work is needed? Wow. Damn, I surely thought it would drop at the end of April/early May. That's a shame it's so long away when I have little and little motivation to play C:R at times.

So questions, will C:R continue to get updates until C:MX ships with the completed C:R content + C:MX new content? Or will C:R recieve no more updates until C:MX release? Will the content that comes appear in both games by release (if we get any more content) or is any content releases going to be saved until the end?

I am guessing C:R will recieve only fucntionality updates and that sorta thing until release of C:MX. So yeah wow 3 months...didn't see that one coming so late.

Edited by: MemoryKill on Mon, 07/03/2016 - 16:14
Tonrac's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 07/03/2016 - 16:27

@MemoryKill: they said mid 2016 and june is mid 2016 ;)
3 months is really short ... i hope that they have making a huge progress in term of performance ...
I am afraid for the price too, for 40€, i hope that the game will be nearly perfect otherwise it will be an epic failure (i say that because, i have to fight against troll everyday on threads i am in charge) ...

Edited by: Tonrac on Mon, 07/03/2016 - 17:20
Psyrgery's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 07/03/2016 - 16:32

Omg, so physical release as well???

Guess Ill get two copies, one digital and a physical one to go along my colection

Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil

MemoryKill's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 07/03/2016 - 16:34

Tonrac wrote:
@MemoryKill: they said mid 2016 and june is mid 2016 ;)
3 months is really short ... i hope that they have making a huge progress in term of performance ...

True. It's just a shame to wait this long as right now besides mods I have no motivation to play the game in the current state, I'll be around but, until all the awesome of C:MD comes to life I don't wanna play any more of C:R. Plenty more things to play so it's all good!

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Mon, 07/03/2016 - 16:53

Privata wrote:
Do you think it would be possible to mod more of it in?
Not in the basic form were you change the ped file that makes at what level of damage or impact they bleed but rather make different blood splashes and gibs cause blood decals on the floor (brains , legs and so on)

It's very easy to make new blood decals, they're just textures. Things like brains, legs, etc. are not decals, they're models, and you can also make new gibs models. As for making things cause decals when they're don't usually do that, that depends entirely on how they're handled in C:MD. In C:R it seems to be hard coded what causes blood splat decals to be placed.

Quote:
June 3rd, 3 months more work is needed? Wow. Damn, I surely thought it would drop at the end of April/early May. That's a shame it's so long away when I have little and little motivation to play C:R at times.

So questions, will C:R continue to get updates until C:MX ships with the completed C:R content + C:MX new content? Or will C:R recieve no more updates until C:MX release? Will the content that comes appear in both games by release (if we get any more content) or is any content releases going to be saved until the end?

I am guessing C:R will recieve only fucntionality updates and that sorta thing until release of C:MX. So yeah wow 3 months...didn't see that one coming so late.

June is actually much earlier than I thought it would be coming. I thought it would be more like the end of July or August. Remember that console games, especially boxed retail releases, need to go through certification from not only the console manufacturers but also all the ratings boards of the countries it's being released in. That process takes quite some time, a month is a good ballpark to get the game through all the various certification processes. They then need to leave plenty of time after getting the results of the certification in case one or more of the certification boards refuse the game and require changes (whether they be technical changes for MS or Sony or unsuitable content for a specific location. There's also the time needed to put the boxed game into production and ship it to stores. The game being released in 3 months pretty much means they're are just tidying up loose ends right now and it's on the verge of going gold, not that it has 3 months of work left to be done.

I doubt they will release put out an update to C:R before C:MD is released, as they need to focus on a smooth release of C:MD, as well as work on getting the Steam release of C:MD ready. Given that every C:R owner will get C:MD and C:MD is a highly enhanced version of C:R, I really don't see why they would put time into implementing fixes from C:MD into C:R when that would probably just delay C:MD being released on Steam.

Edited by: Trent on Mon, 07/03/2016 - 16:53

Pages

randomness