You are here

[BLOG] 2015's Graphical Gorgeousness Update

Pages

shane's picture
Community Manager
Stainless
[BLOG] 2015's Graphical Gorgeousness Update
#1 Submitted: Wed, 17/02/2016 - 12:55

Rosario our Graphic Programmer gives an insight into the work carried out that significantly improved the game graphics last year

Everyone at Stainless continues to be busy and so apologies for the delay in bringing you our next blog, but this time we cover how the huge graphical improvements in our October 2015 update were achieved. Rosario was instrumental in the work involved and is pictured below....with his lightning eyed cat screensaver!

Read the rest of this article here and comment below:

Edited by: shane on 17/02/2016 - 12:59
Sa1cor's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Twitch ChampCompetition Winner
Submitted: Wed, 17/02/2016 - 13:58

After my eyes detected the word 'update' I had to read the title 3 times again to realize there's no new update :P Still love these blogs though, appreciate the effort guys.

Fr0nt's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Twitch ChampKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 17/02/2016 - 14:14

Thats a big ass Carmageddon poster thingy on the wall there, where can we order that thing!?

Also nice blog, great insight. Keep it up.

shane's picture
Community Manager
Stainless
Submitted: Wed, 17/02/2016 - 14:35

Fr0nt wrote:
Thats a big ass Carmageddon poster thingy on the wall there, where can we order that thing!?

Also nice blog, great insight. Keep it up.

That was actually our backdrop artwork from when we were exhibiting Carmageddon Mobile at the Eurogamer Expo event in 2012. At the end of the show we ripped it down and took it back with us as it looked so cool!

https://www.facebook.com/carmageddon/photos/a.462807433742366.101098.185283424828103/463238933699216/?type=3&theater

Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 17/02/2016 - 14:53

Awesome job, Rosario (and the team too ofcourse)!
And thanks for the great read. That graphical update sure was a very welcomed change last year :)

... and carmageddon add-ons at road reaction.

starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Wed, 17/02/2016 - 15:35

Sa1cor wrote:
After my eyes detected the word 'update' I had to read the title 3 times again to realize there's no new update :P Still love these blogs though, appreciate the effort guys.

It took me 5 minutes to realize it wasnt 2015 :)

Why is it that when you are a child at the dinner table you can get punished asking for someone to please pass you the fork and knife ?

deadsheep's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Wed, 17/02/2016 - 18:01

Quote:
Fuck you Linear Greg, nobody love you.

Ahahahah! Thanks for the blog post!

Edited by: deadsheep on Wed, 17/02/2016 - 18:02
Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 17/02/2016 - 19:48

An enjoyable read. It's always nice to read about some of the technical work that is going on.

Keep up the good work guys :)

One man... Alone... Wrecking opponents in the Automobile he loves
Twitter Manifestation, Mods for Max Damage

lemonrev's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 17/02/2016 - 20:04

I didn't even realize that there was a new post till viewing what was going on here since i am not a social guy who follows twatters and facepalmers i don't even visit the home page much, i have the forum post marked and so it continues to be the main flow of information for my self..

The read was interesting to say the least, Glad all that work was done, But hell must have happened before everything was corrected, I hate going over small files or even files that need fixing in any state :P.

So i take it less rendering is now being done by game engine and the code that the images go though are now post done before they even hit the game it self ie done on the artists computer before actually being compiled into files ?

If the team are working this hard on the next update i do seriously wonder what the next update will have ???,

Tips anyone ?

Thanks for the read btw.

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Wed, 17/02/2016 - 20:29

Superb post, really enjoyed reading it. Can't wait to see more tech blogs like this! Awesome work guys.

twisted's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 18/02/2016 - 01:41

Thanks, it was an interesting read! I would like next a blog about the improved AI behavior and pathfinding.

Spoiler:
I made a topic about that a while ago: http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/26640

**Hint hint** here's a quote from nobby back in april 2014:

nobby wrote:
Thanks for the lengthy question/suggestion TwisTeD. Part of the problem we have with getting blogs written is that the team are just so utterly snowed under with work that it's hard to even get to chat to them about this stuff, let alone actually ask them to write a blog article. But on this occasion I'll see if I can get some intel for you from our AI man, Si.
Edited by: twisted on Thu, 18/02/2016 - 01:53

Pages