You are here

What other old, forgotten games would you like to return ?

Pages

KakkaHousu's picture
Piledriver
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Fri, 27/11/2015 - 11:24

Quote:
Outlaws

That would be glorious! In 2.5d, like original, and hand-drawn sprites.

Quote:
Duke Nukem

We already got DNF. Though it sucks if compared to DN 3D.

LordToastALot's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 27/11/2015 - 12:25

lemonrev wrote:
most of these games on are gog.com

This is about remakes/remasters/sequels though?

KakkaHousu wrote:
We already got DNF. Though it sucks if compared to DN 3D.

Supposedly Gearbox intend to make their own Duke Nukem game at some point now they have the rights. Might be decent, if Anthony Burch gets kept a million fucking miles away.

EDIT: Just found out he left in January to work on some TV show. Thank fuck.

Edited by: LordToastALot on Fri, 27/11/2015 - 12:30

Bet that hurt!

Wilbur Cobb's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Fri, 27/11/2015 - 16:29

Twisted Metal.
Did you know it was the 20th anniversary of Twisted Metal at the start of this month?
Even Sonic the Sodding Hedgehog got a huge celebration game out of it, and it was actually well made and fun.
What'd Twisted Metal get? The "omnipotent" honour of being an extremely tedious easter egg that's exclusive to only the ps4 version of a game that's only ever sensibly played on the pc (I'm talking about Rocket League)?
That isn't a celebration, that's a lazy and unheartfelt attempt at making Sony's most historic IP relevant for an extra week.
Boo, Sony. Boo.

Edited by: Wilbur Cobb on Fri, 27/11/2015 - 16:30

See, Stiffshifter is superior to all opposition. It's basic science.
Steamy

KakkaHousu's picture
Piledriver
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Fri, 27/11/2015 - 17:57

Quote:
Supposedly Gearbox intend to make their own Duke Nukem game at some point now they have the rights. Might be decent, if Anthony Burch gets kept a million fucking miles away.

I know Anthony is (now former) member of Gearbox and lead writer of Borderland, but why he is bad? Why he should kept outside development?

Quote:
The commandos series

I really like first Commandos and its expansion. I never got to grips with added features of second and third. Another great similar game to Commandos is Desperados. Though, I don't know if I want remake either of them. Both are good enough in today's standards, they don't suffer from dated graphics and gameplay is still solid.

Quote:
Truckz

What is this game? I know Trucks, Microfolie's weird old car combat game, but not Truckz.

Quote:
Hard truck

Demo version of first Hard Truck was my first racing game alongside of Colin McRae Rally 1, so I have good memories of it, but I hope they never make reboot. Actually it was very crappy game. If you like second one more than first, then there is 18 wheels of steel, which is basically same series as HT, just different name.

Quote:
Blood

First Blood is great game, it really is reboot worthy. I think remake or reboot was planned, but it got cancelled for some reason. Blood is my favourite of all Build engine games. Better than DN3D or Redneck Rampage. I can't think any other FPS game that have as brutal weapons as Blood.

Edit. http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Blood-Remake-Rejected-By-Atari-52647.html

Quote:
Twisted Metal

Remake of first Twisted Metal would be great. I would still rather see reboot of Rogue Trip. My first Twisted Metal styled game, so it have special place in my heart.

I also would like to see Interstate 76' remake and Quarantine reboot.

Edited by: KakkaHousu on Fri, 27/11/2015 - 17:58
Freeride Forever's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Sat, 28/11/2015 - 04:18

RiOrus wrote:
hmm, you have a point, although for me it was the damage textures and dismemberment as well as being able to contextually respond to people in game, and also recruit gang members. It was all new to me at the time and relatively new the genre. The language and brutality really made it feel mature in an 'adult' way to me though, which was exciting as a spotty little teenager. The were quite a few PC FPS games that were light years ahead of console counterparts. Everyone went ape shit for Goldeneye (which I spent a lot of time playing also) but there were other classics like SiN, Blood / Blood 2, soldier of fortune, half life, Kingpin, Deus Ex, Shadow Warrior, Redneck Rampage. So on so forth.

IDK, I played through it 2X & all I can remember is a dark dank environment, lots of swearing & Ving doin' Pulp Fiction routine. :/ It was a long time ago. I remember starting to play SiN but never finished it & I don't remember why. Blood 2 was excellent. I also loved Shogo. SoF is the one I really remember for brutality & dismemberment. I still clearly remember one time a guy runs through a doorway, I blew off his legs & he slid across the floor. It's just one of those things that's stuck in my head forever. I'd never seen bones in a game actually shown after body parts were blown off. Half-Life & Deus Ex were obviously big ones. So was Unreal. Not sure I'd need a reboot of any originals but the Black Mesa mod was pretty cool for the original HL. I never played the original Shadow Warrior but I thought the 2013 remake was really bad ass.

Something that may not have been that popular is No One Lives Forever. NOLF 2 was just so awesome. The facial animation at that time, the gadgets & the humour & the story. AMAZING game. I'd like to see a continuation of that series & I wish someone more capable than PGI would get a hold of MechWarrior & do more with it too.

Edited by: Freeride Forever on Sat, 28/11/2015 - 04:20
KakkaHousu's picture
Piledriver
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Sat, 28/11/2015 - 06:30

Quote:
Blood 2 was excellent.

You are probably first person I have seen saying Blood 2 is excellent. I don't know how good is it as regular FPS, but as sequel for Blood it sucks. It is nothing like first one, it changes everything. Weapons, settings, even Caleb swear and taunt lot less.

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Sat, 28/11/2015 - 09:06

Just a few off the top of my head:

Hyperblade
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Robopit
Pit Ball
Magic The Gathering (the 1997 MicroProse game)
Jedi Knight
Crusader: No Remorse
Omicron: The Nomad Soul
Powerstone

Wilbur Cobb's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sat, 28/11/2015 - 09:51

Trent wrote:
Hyperblade
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Robopit
Pit Ball
Magic The Gathering (the 1997 MicroProse game)
Jedi Knight
Crusader: No Remorse
Omicron: The Nomad Soul
Powerstone

Holy shit, Trent, I had to google what the hulk some of those games were before remembering everything and getting a huge shot of nostalgia to the brain.
Don't do that to me, man. That's been known to kill people.

See, Stiffshifter is superior to all opposition. It's basic science.
Steamy

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 28/11/2015 - 16:54

The big one for me:

Interstate '76

One man... Alone... Wrecking opponents in the Automobile he loves
Twitter Manifestation, Mods for Max Damage

lemonrev's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 28/11/2015 - 19:53

KakkaHousu i think i was slightly wrong in my thoughts, I was actually thinking of thrust twist + turn,

http://www.giantbomb.com/thrust-twist-turn/3030-4837/

Anyways many good oldies, Trents thought go back to console, Weather or not they ever import them to pc is another thing entirely :P

Pages

randomness