You are here

What other old, forgotten games would you like to return ?

Pages

flykas's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
What other old, forgotten games would you like to return ?
#1 Submitted: Thu, 26/11/2015 - 11:56

What othe old games would you lik to return and surprise you like carma did, for me it would be:

Screamer 4x4
1nsane
street legal
myst (I know it wont happen, the're working on OBDUCTION now)
Sea Dogs
Hard truck
Black and White

AlexTSK's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Thu, 26/11/2015 - 12:17

Street legal was stated to return this year actually, but both indiegogo and kickstarter campaigns for it failed pretty hard, I wonder if its ever going to be made.

Edited by: AlexTSK on Thu, 26/11/2015 - 12:17
RiOrus's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Thu, 26/11/2015 - 12:27

It doesn't need a HD reboot as I've played the gog version in the last couple of years but I always thought Kingpin doesn't ever seem to get the praise it deserves. Always dwarfed by same era FPS such as half life and Deus EX.

Screamer 2 was my first PC racing experience. So a screamer of some sort might be welcome? As Flykas mentioned.

Also in the shadow of same era fighters, Primal Rage was underrated, spent a lot of time on that with my mates when I was a young'un.

AlexTSK's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Thu, 26/11/2015 - 12:46

The commandos series comes to mind, especially a game that takes commandos 2 and improves upon it, that I'd love to see.

Epitaph's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 26/11/2015 - 14:10

Duke Nukem
City Of The Lost Children
Nocturne (DUH)
Ignition
The House Of the Dead
Lomax
Outlaws

LordToastALot's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 26/11/2015 - 16:23

Magic Carpet (I know about Arcane Worlds but it's in such an early stage and I want a AAA title)
Jet Set Radio Future

...I'm tired, I'll probably think of some more later.

Bet that hurt!

Fuel's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 26/11/2015 - 18:05
Privata's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Thu, 26/11/2015 - 19:38

Xwing alliance (or tie fighter)

Freeride Forever's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Thu, 26/11/2015 - 23:30

RiOrus wrote:
I always thought Kingpin doesn't ever seem to get the praise it deserves. Always dwarfed by same era FPS such as half life and Deus EX.

Yeah the 'hallmark' of that one was all the swearing. Not really much to praise I'm afraid. It takes a bit more when you're going up against stuff like HL & DE. Entertaining game though. I think I played through it 2X. I was blown away when I heard Ving Rhames doin' his Pulp Fiction routine. Love Ving.

For me, it's all Powerslide. If I could have a modern redo of one game besides Carma it'd for sure be Powerslide, BUT lately I've also been thinking that it'd be great if Bethesda redid Fallout & Fallout 2.

Edited by: Freeride Forever on Thu, 26/11/2015 - 23:32
lemonrev's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 27/11/2015 - 06:34

most of these games on are gog.com

I like Epitaph's list, i have the original and still broke version of ignition on pc, it still works a jem but you get to like level 5 or something and you playing the game and it just breaks. YAY for game

outlaws was a good game as well, 2 cd's and a pack full of hurt in caves and the outback.

I got a list on GOG.com about all the games i still have originally and gog.com still hasnt got on there list, Like Track attack. and Truckz, and lego racers, animal (3d shooter style), many more games, from the past that still do not exist on gog but there getting there slowly

Edited by: lemonrev on Fri, 27/11/2015 - 06:34
RiOrus's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Fri, 27/11/2015 - 08:52

hmm, you have a point, although for me it was the damage textures and dismemberment as well as being able to contextually respond to people in game, and also recruit gang members. It was all new to me at the time and relatively new the genre. The language and brutality really made it feel mature in an 'adult' way to me though, which was exciting as a spotty little teenager. The were quite a few PC FPS games that were light years ahead of console counterparts. Everyone went ape shit for Goldeneye (which I spent a lot of time playing also) but there were other classics like SiN, Blood / Blood 2, soldier of fortune, half life, Kingpin, Deus Ex, Shadow Warrior, Redneck Rampage. So on so forth.

Pages

randomness