You are here

Windows 10

DerekCurrie's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Windows 10
#1 Submitted: Wed, 02/09/2015 - 12:58

I'm able run the current version of Reincarnation via Steam only up to the point when the actual game begins. Then it crashes with

Quote:
Carmageddon_Reincarnation has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem...

, which it never finds.

This situation is entirely consistent. Removing then reinstalling Reincarnation changes nothing. This is very disappointing.

I've tried fiddling with the settings inside Reincarnation to minimize its system resource requirements and nothing has helped. I'm wondering if this is another case of Microsoft's buggy DirectX not being backwards compatible. I note that there are no actual notes anywhere about Reincarnation running on Windows 10. Therefore, I'm starting the thread. Let's talk about it.

:-Derek Currie

"I was attracted to a night torchlight parade,
And there I came.
Home is a black leather jacket,
Fitting sweetly to my brain.
Death And Night And Blood!
Death And Night And Blood!"

LordToastALot's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 02/09/2015 - 13:07

I'm on Windows 10 and it works fine.

What specs are you running on? By "removing" the game did you uninstall it through Steam or delete the whole folder?

DirectX is backwards compatible, definitely so with Dx11.

Bet that hurt!

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Wed, 02/09/2015 - 13:50

I doubt it's a windows 10 problem or a Direct X problem, it works fine on Windows 10 for everyone I've spoken to and on both of my machines. If it's a problem outside of the game then it's much more likely to be with your GPU's drivers than Win10 or DirectX themselves. If you haven't already, update your graphics drivers.

As LordToastALot suggested it's a good idea to delete the game's folder after you have uninstalled it in Steam in case there are old files left over from previous versions or if there's a problem with the config file. Steam doesn't delete files which aren't part of the game's current manifest so any old files causing problems will still be there if you just delete it through steam so they will continue to cause problems when you reinstall it.

It would be handy if you could post your system specs too.

Markwz's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sun, 10/01/2016 - 19:35

Hello,

I've just installed Carmageddon Reincarnation but the game is crashing on the start. All the drivers are up to date:

NVidia GTX 465
DirectX 11.3 (my GP is compatible with DirectX 12, I don't know why it isn't installed as there is not separate package for it)

Does someone have any other idea of what could be happening?
Thanks!

macacom's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 28/01/2016 - 12:49

Did you try to reinstall the game from scratch? if it still doesn't work, a clean windows 10 installation could solve the problem

Madman Tony for president!

randomness