You are here

performance has improved a little bit, but gameplay hasn't

Pages

Koogle's picture
Fluffy Bunny
performance has improved a little bit, but gameplay hasn't
#1 Submitted: Thu, 27/08/2015 - 18:25

and I'm just talking about simple to implement stuff like making the mouse a useable part of the control system while ingame, ie to freelook around the vehicle, especially when trying to see where enemies have gone past you, and then you get into trying to make the best maneuver to line up another attack, made incredibly annoying because of having to drive with that awful built in camera and the slow acceleration.
I think all cars should come with a default ability to power thrust as a staple for the poor acceleration all cars have where it goes on cooldown after use.

mousewheel selecting powerups, mouse buttons to use said powerups..

carmodageddon ? steam workshop? let us make our own maps?

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Thu, 27/08/2015 - 19:35

You can look left, right and back by pressing comma, period and z respectively. It's not mouse look but it does what you want. If you want to use the mouse wheel to select the powerup and the left mouse button to activate it then go to you Carmageddon: Reincarnation folder, into the Data_Misc\default_controls folder and add this to the bottom of Controls_PC_Mouse_Default.txt

[POWERUP_SELECT_UP]
PC_MOUSE_WHEEL_UP

[POWERUP_SELECT_DOWN]
PC_MOUSE_WHEEL_DOWN

[POWERUP_ACTIVATE_SELECTED_ONE]
PC_MOUSE_LEFT

Carmodgeddon has been in the game since it came out of Early Access, there's been quite a few cars already released for it, you can check the modding forum to find them. You will need to use my Minge tool to install the mods, which you can find on my website, you can also find other tools for making mods there, you also might want to look into Errol's Flummery tool. And, yes, you can already make you own maps.

AlexTSK's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Thu, 27/08/2015 - 19:35

Carmodgeddon is in, you can already start to make your own maps.

Privata's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Thu, 27/08/2015 - 22:17

They cant just magic in everything , the last update was bug fixes and performance fixes.
they said on the livestream (multiple times) that content will be comming.

and , the gameplay is fine , its fun fast and crazy... there are some things that need fixing , but they will fix said things

dvine's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Thu, 27/08/2015 - 23:22

Koogle, not exactly sure what the issue for you here is. This is not an FPS shooter type game where you maneuver the camera around your car. Carmageddon was never built that way.

The topic is suggesting that the gameplay has not improved? Can you elaborate on that, because to majority of users here gameplay has improved with this update.

"power thrust" as a passive ability for the cars is not what carmageddon ever was or ever will be IMHO. This is the sole purpose of power-ups. By levelling up your vehicles in game, this should reduce the slower acceleration of larger vehicles. It is apart of the game and objectives of building up a stronger car with APO.

I think half the problem is that people do not appreciate Carmageddon for Carmageddon.

Privata's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Thu, 27/08/2015 - 23:25

dvine wrote:
Koogle, not exactly sure what the issue for you here is. This is not an FPS shooter type game where you maneuver the camera around your car. Carmageddon was never built that way.

The topic is suggesting that the gameplay has not improved? Can you elaborate on that, because to majority of users here gameplay has improved with this update.

"power thrust" as a passive ability for the cars is not what carmageddon ever was or ever will be IMHO. This is the sole purpose of power-ups. By levelling up your vehicles in game, this should reduce the slower acceleration of larger vehicles. It is apart of the game and objectives of building up a stronger car with APO.

I think half the problem is that people do not appreciate Carmageddon for Carmageddon.

Yes I think if they added that , it would be moded out 10mins latter

Doctor Fraggington's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Fri, 28/08/2015 - 14:32

dvine wrote:

Mouselook is a staple of modern driving games, and they don't even require the maneuvering accuracy that Carmageddon does. It's a great suggestion.

Kejnel's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 28/08/2015 - 16:34

Doctor Fraggington wrote:
dvine wrote:

Mouselook is a staple of modern driving games, and they don't even require the maneuvering accuracy that Carmageddon does. It's a great suggestion.

Spot-on.

If you want to report bugs or want to ask for features DO NOT USE FORUM FOR THAT! Instead send it to developers HERE: https://carmageddon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Koogle's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Fri, 28/08/2015 - 18:21

I know carmageddon:Re wasn't built that way.. it seems to have been brought back from the 90's along with uninspired unoriginality of copying everything that about it back then. With the most basic of implementation of anything. Not even based off its better release which was 2 not the stinking first one which is why I don't even care for the maps in this one.

And I also know the suggestion of freelook camera for the mouse has been requested by numerous times by other people.. might have accepted a retarded car camera system back in the 90's for the game.. in 2015 I'd expect game devs to have wanted to add something with a bit more options for better play and less frustration, seeing as most the game is not really spent just going to checkpoints, it involves a lot missing hits on other cars due to shit car control, poor acceleration and retard car cameras.

I backed this kickstarter in the hopes it would have been a really good pc game, but all signs point gamedev consolitis with gamepad tardation to boot, and piss all improvements to anything about the gameplay or interaction. It really just needs another game developer to come along a do a better job of it, maybe they could call it "carnotshitageddon"

As for carmodageddon, seems like its all just community tools trying to do the job for stainless.. nothing official and its hardly going to work without steamworkshop support especially for multiplayer.

so whatever still disappointed in the game I do hope stainless sake they do an update in the future that turns things around.

Errol's picture
Piledriver
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModerator
Submitted: Fri, 28/08/2015 - 20:11

Where is your kickstarter badge?

:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
Making C:R mods happen since '14!

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Fri, 28/08/2015 - 21:36

The lack of mouse controlled camera is nothing to do with the "way it's built" or anything like that, it was just not something the developers decided to implement, or more likely something which was so low priority that it was pushed off the task list for much more important things such as making the game actually work the way it should. You may think it's "simple to implement" but anything like that takes significant time to implement and test. Just because you don't like the way something is done doesn't make it retarded. Raging on about it so emphatically is just silly, especially when you can look around using the keyboard. Not being able to do it with a mouse is just a very minor annoyance to any sensible person who wants it, it's not a game breaking problem.

The game is based on the best bits of C1 and C2, as is obvious from the inclusion of things like selectable powerups. The cars and levels were based on the original game because they are by far the most iconic and the best place to start. Stainless could only make a limited amount of cars and levels for the main game and couldn't even do all their own favourites, let alone every fan's favourites. They are working on a lot more content and if you are a kickstarter backer then you will be getting it all for free. There's no "consolitis" or "gamepad tardation" at all, it's a PC game through and through with the keyboard being the main input method and they brought numerous improvements to the game over the original two, which is obvious to anyone who has played it with an open mind.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with community made tools. Myself and Errol have put a lot of work into making them and it has allowed the community to crack on making mods while Stainless focus their efforts on the actual game instead spending their time putting together and supporting an official set of tools. The tools the community has released give almost everything you need to make cars and levels and are officially recommended by Stainless. Having a community passionate enough about it to make their own tools is nothing to bitch about.

Stainless do have plans to release official tools at a later point, no doubt once they have finished all the tech changes (e.g. support for different numbers of wheels, tracked vehicles, articulated vehicles, etc.) and all the mod related features they want in the game, as well as implementing steam workshop support. Right now, though, they're focussing on improving the game further. The mod support which is already there and the community tools is more than enough for the time being and it's a hell of a lot more than a lot of games ever get, most games don't have any mod support at this stage in their life cycle.

Also, the whole point of CarMODgeddon mode is that it does work with multiplayer and it works all absolutely fine, it's the exact same method of running mods as will be used when Steam Workshop is implemented for the distribution of mods. CarMODgeddon is still in a basic form right now as it only support cars, wheels and levels but they have plans to expand it a lot more to support more types of mods, such as peds, game types and powerups.

Pages

randomness